4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:21 am 

No MAS with just an AFC??

bored ported and polished extrude honed im
I'm no machinist but I'm not so sure that all works.

You really should post your dyno slip because I find this a bit hard to believe. It probably was just a Muffstain with Cobra effects, real Cobras are just plain wicked even when driver isnt so great.

Volvo 940 Turbo
t3/t4 and other goodies....

96 Land Rover Disco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:28 am 
Restricted Newbie

hey nobody has to belive me and with the maf i tossed it aside and just used the safcII and it seems to be working and running fine but i really belive it was a GT in disquse cause i know i would of got smoked by a 385hp cobra ok and someone told me to post about my bottom end i think it was xlr8 ok here goes :twisted: shaved and lightend crank,crower rods, 4g61t flat top pistons from je pistons,the block has been bored to fit the 61 pistons, the head has been done up with a 5 angle valve job the stock valves have been shot peened and swirl polished and cut to match the new valve seats, stronger dual spring valve springs, High Lift Stock ground cam to Adv.Duration- 250°Int/250°Exh/Duration @ .050''- 204°Int/200°'Exh/Gross Lift- .355''Int/.315''Exh/Lobe Separation- 108°, the head was also ported and polished, extrude honed, same with the IM, TB opening was bored for the 4G37 TB i put on it, a VENOM ECU And 330cc injectors, ported and polished exhaust manifold 2 3/4 from the manifold to the cat 2 3/4 catco cat and 2 3/4 304 ss exhaust tubing all the way to the 5Zigen Fireball Muffler BTW: i will post up my latest dyno slip after i up my shot of NOS to a 75 shot

now say i could'nt hang with a Rustang :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

X2 Hyundai Excel W/ Built Bottom End,Ported & Polished Head, Bored TB, CAI, Venom Ecu & Injectors, Custom Cat-Back Exhaust W/ 5Zigen Fireball Muffler, Apex-i SAFCII, 50 Shot Of NX, R Racing Interior Componets, Stock 13in Wheels, Eurolight Fog Lights!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:49 pm 
CSM Expert

Oh gawd-dam you got dem Eurolight fog-lights now that explains all the extra powa!!! LOL j/k! :wink:

Nice work there. 4G61 flat-top pistons?!? I would never have thought of that! I was just using the X1 flat-tops with my X2 engine (in the X1).

As I have mentioned on numerous occasions to all the 12v 4G15 guys out there that IMHO opinion the 8v EFI head is far superior due to the better torque spread that it provides. My near stock X2 is able to blitz the locally delivered 12v 4G15 Lancers and also the 16v 1.8L 4G93 equipped cars as well and is quicker than 3.8L V6 Commodores up until ~100kmh.

One other question I have is: Why do you use the automatic trans? You would gain a huge improvement from a 5-speed manual setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:21 am 
Restricted Newbie

well originally i bought the car with the automatic and just left it in because i didnt have the time to swap in the 5 speed and plus i dont have to worry about whell spin with and auto just hit the brake hold the gas and rocket of into space and i also use b&m trick shift in my auto for faster converter lock up and firmer shifts :twisted: :lol: :lol:

X2 Hyundai Excel W/ Built Bottom End,Ported & Polished Head, Bored TB, CAI, Venom Ecu & Injectors, Custom Cat-Back Exhaust W/ 5Zigen Fireball Muffler, Apex-i SAFCII, 50 Shot Of NX, R Racing Interior Componets, Stock 13in Wheels, Eurolight Fog Lights!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:32 am 
4g61t Delinquent

are you using the KM171??

For those 10 months or less... I'm broke...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:44 am 
CSM Expert

Trick auto trans too huh? Good goin.

A small criticism though... you ought to change your sig and remove the reference to "NOS" since you actually have a "NX" kit and NOS is really a brand-name.... :P :wink:

Is it a wet or dry N2O kit? I guess so long as you have a good integrated nitrous/fuel controller (ie have the ability to dump a heap of extra fuel into it) then you should be good to go with the 75 shot... a 150 shot would be "interesting" - but probably not worth the potential fireworks.

BTW - you might be interested in that the 4G63T and KM210 trans is a virtual bolt-in to the X2 Excel. Now you would definitely just about own everything on the street with that combo. A local guy here in Perth had one a while back except with a 4G61T (same difference).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:09 am 
Restricted Newbie

Quote:
A small criticism though... you ought to change your sig and remove the reference to "NOS" since you actually have a "NX" kit and NOS is really a brand-name....
oh and xlr8 i did change my sig haha thanx for noticing :lol:

and hondahunter yes it is the km171 it says in the hyundai webtech haha :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:34 am 
4g61t Delinquent

sweet......atleast i know what my tranny can handle up to and keep us updated when your tranny meets its breaking point ;) because i myself want to use and keep my km171

For those 10 months or less... I'm broke...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:44 pm 
CSM Expert

Nice to hear about a built 4g15! Good work!
Mitsubishi's overlooked redheaded stepchild of a motor responds well to mods! I used to catch flak at work from the V8 guys until a few rode with me. I can pull one coworkers 318 powered newer dodge truck. I cant take a lot of cars, but i surprise a good deal more! Besides, what shame is there in losing in a colt? But the look on their faces when you win! Priceless!

4g15 12valve 5spd.
4g37 TB, MAF & Injectors. 4g37 ECU
Ported & polished & custom CAI w/K&N filter
5* Cam retard, 7*Ignition advance
2-1/4" catback w/flowmaster muffler
89 GT brake and suspension swap
Lots of little s#@t