4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:30 am 
Restricted Newbie

We run a Hyundai Excel in club events here. It's mechanically standard, however we do run decent Dunlop rally tyres on 14" Lantra wheels.

Oh, and we've taken every gram of weight out of the thing - seats out, interior trim, bonnet reinforcements, heater core, extraneous brackets, bumper structure, and chipped off all the bitumen sound deadener. That last job wasn't fun.

So anyway - it's pretty light. Haven't had it on the weighbridge yet, but my brother and I can lift the back of the car easily from the rear wheelarches. And we're not big guys.

Last event was a khanacross, and we came in 1st and 3rd outright. 4th place was an MY99 Subaru STi in full rally spec. 5th was an ST165 Gt-four Celica, with a bunch of powerful rwd cars behind that. In the past we've beaten every 4wd turbo car that has come to this event...

Sure, the car owes us nothing, so we're not afraid of pushing it really hard, but it's pretty embarrassing for these other guys that are getting beaten by a AUD$900 car with a 4g15 under the hood.

Love it! And christ it's taily on the faster stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:41 pm 

here here three cheers for the 4g15!

My buddies keep wanting me to drive their cars and see what I think when they see all the fun I have in mine (or used to have because I haven't had a csm for about a year since I totalled my first)... I'm more comfortable pushing my pos to it's utmost limits than driving a buddy's straight out of the box entry level monster so most of the time (only in twisties) I can keep up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:57 pm 

^^^ Agreed. Who cares if a POS costing a few hundred bucks blows up? We still had soooooo much fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:36 pm 
Some call me a god

It's amazing what kind of wonders weight savings does for a car. I think it'd be super fun to have a completely stripped car (like Curly's up there) to drive around on the weekends. I can just imagine my car without all the stereo, school books, carpet, panels, sound deadening, and back seats...it would probably rip!

Anyways, nice work in Oz land.

94 Talon TSi AWD Auto - Sold
90 Laser RS FWD 4G63T - Hit and totalled

Summer - 2000 Pontiac Fireturkey Trans Am LS1 A4
Winter - 2006 Honda CRV K24 5MT

Post subject: the st165
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:37 pm 

Im so proud to own both of these cars..the mirage turbo and the st165 celica alltrac. Both are just as rare...and kick serious ass. And no it aint another sti or worse yet a honduh.