4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:42 am 
Some call me a god

A few weeks ago, I was at the local high school basketball games, just chillin'. Since I'm one of the 'few' CSM enthusiasts in Juneau, I know about 90% of the local ones, and can tell you who drives them. There's been one around town that looks identical to mine, it's even a five speed, and it even has a tach in the cluster. It's just a little 4g15 like mine, so it's nothing too special. Anyways, this Summit was owned by a high school aquantence of mine, and he just recently happened to sell it to a kid that my friend knows vaugely. Well, at the bball game, he (Clinton) decided to come up to me and talk a little smack. We BS about Summits for a while, and then as I was about to turn back and watch the game, he throws out the challenge, "Hey! We should race some time." Haha, I tell him whenever is fine with me.

So there I was this Saturday night, with nothing better to do then drive around town, listening to music and smokin'. I was with one of my better friends, and we were pretty bored. As we make a right turn out of a mall complex, we see some familiar looking headlights in the left turn lane, into the mall. I recognize it as Clinton's CSM, and I flash my lights at him. He rolls down his window, and motions back towards the mall parking lot. I flip a bitch, and we meet up. Evidentily, he was waiting for a movie to get out, and he had a half hour to kill. We both had one extra passenger, so I said what we were both thinking: "Wanna race?"

We decide to head out on the highway, do a few 40 pulls, and maybe hit a few stoplights; really get a good idea of where my 'modded' Eagle Summit handles a somewhat stock Eagle Summit. I had just put my digi cam inside my house, so I couldn't get any pics or footage, unfortunately. We pull up to a redlight right off of the bat, but it's a wide, sweeping left turn for both lanes. We both know what's coming, and I can barely keep the car from jumping out of light early in anticipation. In all my races in this tiny ass Alaska town, this is probably my most evenly matched car I've ever gone against. I'm freaking out, what if my well-known 'modded' CSM gets spanked by a stocker? I didn't think I could handle the shame that my friends and local car club would dish out if I lost. Anyways, back to the light. It turns green, and we slowly make the wide left in first, and as soon as it straightens out, we both got WOT. We're dead even spinning in first until I hook at about 5-6k, and then as soon as the car hits 7100, I slam it into second. I hear a shout of exclamation from my passenger, and then I look over and realize that (in second) I'm putting carlength after carlength on Clint. I go to about 5 car lengths, then I shut it down so that I don't scare Clint off with the first race. Ironically, there's another stoplight .5 miles away, and it's a straight away. Time to see what I can really do. We line up the light, and it's a long wait. I hold my RPMs to about 4-5k, ready for a good launch. It turns green, and we both start spinning. I hook in second gear, and start pulling on him. First a fender, then he's at my bumper, then a car, then two, then four. I shut it down in fourth gear at about 95, Clint many cars behind. We keep going straight on the highway after slowing down, and we roll down the windows and start shouting at eachother. I asked him if he was going "100%", since I was so shaken up with those decisive wins. He yells that he's going all out, and that we should do a 40 roll. We do a race from 40mph a minute later, with the exact same result: I make my Summit look like it's on crack and show him what the back of his own car looks like. We pulled over into a gas station after that 40 roll, and we started BSing, and popped hoods. He's pretty much stock, except the cluster (I still don't have it figured out how he got a cluster, he knows nothing about his car yet) and the 5 speed. He was amazed at some of the parts I had on mine; he wasn't aware of ANY performance mods out there. He was a really nice guy, and we swapped numbers and are planning on meeting up sometime. All in all, I think it's safe to say that I have the fastest CSM in Juneau, even though I know it's not really worth bragging about. So yeah, thanks for reading my book. 4g15 power. Peace.

-James

94 Talon TSi AWD Auto - Sold
90 Laser RS FWD 4G63T - Hit and totalled

Summer - 2000 Pontiac Fireturkey Trans Am LS1 A4
Winter - 2006 Honda CRV K24 5MT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:11 pm 
CSM Junkie

It must feel pretty good posting a kill story with all these fast CSM's around (not saying yours is'nt, just in relation). Nice story, even if it was against one of our own! Now go and find a 63T and shit on everything up there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:41 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

4G15 power! :)

Nice story, nice kill! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:46 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Way to go JD! Glad to see that 1.8L TB is sucking lots of Air for you, or was it the ECU ... I cannot remember all the little bits I dished out over the past few years. lol Good kill. May another Mitsu rest in peace. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:43 pm 
Some call me a god

Just another reason I was super stoked to race, was that it finally gave my car something to compare against stock. So if anybody out there was wondering, the difference between stock and mildly modded is quite a bit, even I was surprised.

94 Talon TSi AWD Auto - Sold
90 Laser RS FWD 4G63T - Hit and totalled

Summer - 2000 Pontiac Fireturkey Trans Am LS1 A4
Winter - 2006 Honda CRV K24 5MT