4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Me vs. Z28
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:04 pm 
CSM Junkie

I was on my way to blockbuster to return movies. I seen this white Z28 with Z06 rims back on Quincy and DTC Blvd and thought if only he wasn't turning. So me assuming he turned I was just cruising along. I take Tamarac north only to hit a stop light at Hampden. I get over in the left lane because if I'm not turning I don't like to block the turning lane for others. And just my luck the Z28 pulls up right next to me. It looks like he is looking left to see if traffic is coming so that he could turn right. So, I give him the good ole' blow off valve salute. I get his attention. He looks at me as if riiiiight then he revs back. I'm excited because you don't understand how hard it is for me to get a race...Well maybe you do know. So after the whole rev match before even taking off, I’m holding my revs right around 4500 due to stock clutch. He's revving also, at what rpms I don't know but, it was louder than my car. Light changes green and I put about 2 cars on him out the whole. I see his whole car and others in my rear view. 2nd gear I expect him to edge up on me but I'm still pulling about 3 to 3.5 car on him. When I hit 3rd we just stay the same distance. I slow down and talk to him after giving the thumbs up. We asks what do I have in this thing I tell him 4cyl AWD Turbo. Yeeaaaa. He says man that thing is quick.
Then we go from about a 40 mph roll. I hold in my clutch and let go about 5500 and instantly put his front bumper behind my rear tire. I pull him all the way through 2nd. 3rd I pull for a sec and then hold the same distance. I talked to him once more. He's just telling how my car looks slow and can I take out EVO's. I told him it's my sleeper and that I've never skied in my life. The racks are just to make my car look slow. Lol.

Overall I'm just happy to get a race. I don't even car if I lose.

1997 Nissan 240sx
1970 Datsun 240z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:38 pm 
CSM Junkie

hehe - yeah it is REALLY hard to get races in galants

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:52 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Yeah and getting one in a econo box mirage turbo isnt? I would always get laughed at BEFORE the race :twisted: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:16 pm 
CSM Expert

Heh, you should try it in an old skool Excel! Dude takes one look and starts to laugh...and then notices the 13" brakes, lumpy idle and the fact that Im laughing right back.

They get suspicious at that point and in Australia people generally aware that some of us are "sik-fuks" and like to shoe-horn powerful motors into generally anything we can find. Like the MX-5 (Miata) with the Cosmo 20B motor that schooled me in the Lantra the other day - I thought it was stock! (until he got on the loud pedal).

Nice kill BTW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:27 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Heh, you should try it in an old skool Excel! Dude takes one look and starts to laugh...and then notices the 13" brakes, lumpy idle and the fact that Im laughing right back.
hahahahahahahhahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa