4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Stroker Colts First Kill
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:53 am 
CSM Junkie

Well it was saterday night, just doing a little testing/Breakin of the colt, it has about 300miles on it and my buddy (who helped in the build) and I had the itch to see what this turbo and motor could really do, so after installing the ITC and maft tuner in the car, we hooked up the datalogger and went for a cruise, still keeping at 9 psi no nitrous, we started to tune, he was driving while I was engaged with the datalogger and wideband, after a few quik spurts, we confirmed that we had no knock, decent timing and a very conservative afr of 10.6 :1, so now we are just cruising along, when do we see, a pack of angry sounding mustangs, as though they were in some blue angels formation, rumbling down the road, so we look at eachother and say unanimously its BOV salute time :) , we catch up and see that they were 4 of them ......
An O3 cobra, a caged, fuel cell in the back , or at least a sump with a bunch of an fittings all over the place 86 or so mustang, and two GTs that definitely had exhuast and who knows what else,
Now we caught their attention, by giving them the salute a few times, but they did nothing, so now we are on a three lane stretch and guess what as faith would have it, its a stop light, look over to the older mustang and complimented him on his car, (seemed really cool), as we were talking, light turns green and all of them just blaze off, as though they were at a Pro- tree, leaving the little colt, with a bunch of question marks ............... so my buddy nails it and soon we are back with the pack and pulled up to another stop light, this time we were not going to take it , we were ready, light turns green, older mustang did not play, but the cobra did, he nails it gets an immediate 2 car leap, colt is going spinning like crazy, but hanging, shift to second, still spinning, but hanging with the cobra, shift to third, a little spinning,now reeliiiiiiiing in the snake, I could not believe it the little colt that could is now gaining and gaining, we are now at the guys door as I look over in awe and I think the cobra driver was in awe too, as soon as we nosed in front of him he shut down and so did we, slowed down to a light , he gives us the big thumbs up and tell him we are only a 9 psi, can't wait for 20 :)
on the way home, the km 210 grenaded, stuck in the third, I think a shift fork is toast, so the awd tranny is being installed and awd transformation has begun
sorry for being so long I had to lay some back ground though
:)

90 GST 10.36 @ 142.49 best mph 147.10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:14 am 
Some call me a god

Very impressive kill! Wow, test and tune and killed a Cobra...guess that makes you the mongoose lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:43 am 
CSM Junkie

I was not expecting to win, it was by no means a kill I walked on him kind of race, but if the boost was higher, who knows what WOULD have happened
O3 cobras are no slouches and have quite a punch of the line :) either way I think this motor will hold up, just the damn tranny now
update: yesterday I installed a 92 awd tranny in the car, but found that the shifter cables were too short, and ofcouse as we all know the linkage is not correct on the tranny also, what I ended up doing was taking the shifter cables from the talon (which are wayyyyy too long, and also taking teh shifter assembly itself from the talon, I NEED to refabricate the area where the 1g shifter assembly actually attaches to the chasis, once this complete, the shifter will actually sit about 3 inches or more furthur back than the stock colt shifter did. I hope this works because I need to still redrill holes and build up some metal under the assembly to accomodate the elevation change of the Talon shifter ... wish me luck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:43 am 

That was an awesome kill! Sorry about the tranny but everything happens for a reason and an AWD setup will handle much better I assure you. Once again... nicely done! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:11 pm 
CSM Junkie

I am happy the way the motor came out third time is charm but damn it is a drain on the wallet, even though I do the work myself, you can't get 2.4 cranks from mitsu anymore, so I happened to find one through ffwd and it was like 800 and some dollars to my door, in anycase thats the cost of making these toys fast I guess, when I get home today, I will take pics of the 1g shifter assembly, bolted/ welded up to the colt so that people who want to try this in the future can do it