4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Ran an LS1
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:17 am 

i was in Philly at the street races on Holstein & 61st street last night. It was a pretty good night. I did alot of watching and looking for a good race. But before i could snag some prey, the police broke it up... We were all pulling away and i happened to get stuck behind a late 90's LS1 camaro with a set of drag radials on the back and a really lumpy idle coming out the really loud exhaust. He pulls out of the intersection making a right turn, so i follow him. He Guns it so i take suit and pace him....i didnt go full bore. We came up to the next stop light and i got next to him. We both made a right hand turn and once we straightened out he floors it. He got the Jump on my little car, so i hit it to the floor in first....nothing but smoke and squealing pizza cutters (running the stock 175 70 13's) 2nd was the same but i pulled right next to him....3rd was more spinning at first....but by mid 3rd gear it sorta grabbed and i went howling past him as the tires were still squealing. i banged 4th gear spinning bad for about 1 second before it eased into his semi-grip/ squealing, and had about 3 cars on him...i lifted and he came up next to me at the next light. His windows were really dark so i couldnt see him as i was snickering at him...he rolled the window down halfway so i could see his eyes and his nose and he just shook his head then put the window back up....the light went green, i went straight and he dumped it sideways making another left turn.

IM going to start putting little X's on my side windows for every v8 i kill....i'd be at about 8 or 10 now. It was a great night too.. the air was cold and dense and my little colt was loving it. It was screaming....it felt twice as fast as the hot nasty night i ran it at the track. Then i was talking to a guy fron NJ that has an 83 mustang that was telling me about a buddy of his that has a 4g63t in a colt in New Jersey...I'd like to meet him.

90 Plymouth Colt GL *stock*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:30 am 
The Silent Administrator

Almost wish my harness was plugged in, I'm not going to be anywhere near that fast but you get the idea. 8) Save alot of weight dropping the rear driveline that the big cars have. :finga:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:43 pm 

Hey you ever raced at Fairless Hill? They have some mean V-8 s out there. What about Red Lion road or South Philly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:29 pm 

Quote:
Hey you ever raced at Fairless Hill? They have some mean V-8 s out there. What about Red Lion road or South Philly?

yeah south philly, 61st st, Front street, Holstein......never on Red Lion thought...it gets pretty wild in philly though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:51 pm 
Just to chime in: Philly is an awesome place to visit! Too bad Love Park is gone now...

-Bit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:33 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

lets race cop cars....not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:44 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Too bad Love Park is gone
:cry: :evil:

Post subject: Re: Ran an LS1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:30 pm 
CSM Junkie

hey bewst when are you gonna bring that thing down to our lancaster meet to show it off lol

i will be doing the labor on a colt swap in the near future and wouldnt mind seeing yours :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:37 am 

let me know what date one is and i may make the trip out and show it off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:18 pm 
CSM Junkie

pretty much every sunday at 6-7pm or wednesday nights for wings in mt joy 9pm

you should hit up turboforum.net and make a callout post to Q's srt4 :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:37 am 

Quote:
Just to chime in: Philly is an awesome place to visit! Too bad Love Park is gone now...

-Bit
The only people who misses love park is skaters and homeless people.
I do miss going to Pennslanding though. Philly is only great when you are wearing your beer goggles or when you have all your door lock and trying to get out of there the fastest as you can. I do miss the great cheese steaks. Heck I am lying I love Philly and someday will return to The City of Brotherly Love(with a guns).