4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:59 pm 
Some call me a god

well, some of you might know, we just finished putting a whole new combo on the red colt, 750's, sleeper 16g, and chip to match, fwd tranny with slowboy lsd and a metal headgasket...

keep in mind, this is all on 7psi while tyrying to break in the new 2600.

crusing on the highway, 2 lanes, in the right lane is this black saleen cobra, (svt badges and cobra heads) we are both doing 70ish, i rev on him and drop it down to 3rd and coast to 50mph, so does he... its on,

he falls back behind me a bit before the race starts, and is on it balls to the wall by the time he cruises past. i mat it, catch him, just as he merges into my lane to avoid a car in his, and i am reeling him in like a guppie. we get around this car and i light him up, doors just suck in...

when i look left, to the other side of the road, a state trooper stopped and turned on his spot light to check out the cars fly by at over 90mph. lights on, he busts a u in the median and gives chase. we both take the first exit, i am in front, catch the redlight, and hang a right, the mustang gets busted when he stops at the light. i almost crapped my pants.

i can't wait for 20+ psi and a proper tune!!

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:02 pm 
CSM Junkie

close call man

that stang could've been stupercharged - i had a buddy with one - and it was BARELY faster than my free modded laser :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:27 pm 
The Silent Administrator

May have been a Cobra/SVT, but Saleen has no horse badging or Horse decalling anywhere on their new S281 '05 (or even '04) cars. That said a Cobra would most likely be supercharged while the Saleen in stock trim puts down 325 horsepower N/A due to intake (filter) and stainless exhaust featuring a muffler valve system that dumps to the side after 3000+ish RPM under load. Supercharged you are pushing a car at x lbs of weight with 415 est. horsepower for 2005. Biggest problem with Saleen and the other kits available over the counter, would be that anyone can make a v6 look like a much faster GT. Same can be said for the Saleen S281 '05, we just created another badged one with kit, exhaust and wheels, but no suspension work to tame the 20's on all four corners. $7000 worth of kit but it's still not a Saleen, but we did label it 01 JK (Jim Keay Ford) :wink:

Nice kill on the Mustang, but like Archie Bunker would put it, "Lay off the wiseguy routine, .... Huh" You know you can hear his voice in the back of your head and the cigar wagging in his hand. Glad the Copsolots didn't flag you and or put in for the helicopter! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:09 am 

hmmm i used to sell fords but i have a strong honesty thing so i quit selling cars after i saw somebody so desperate they agreed to pay 380 a month for a base focus with a cd player and a/t. for 7 years. couldve put them in a drop top svt with rims and other extras for that. anyway the svt line is usually supercharged except for the focus that used a variable runner length intake manifold. at high rpm it pulls the the runners in to reduce the length by about half and gives it quite a kick. now i dont know your hp/tq estimates but keep in mind that rwd cars usually lose more power through th drivetrain and also that an svt stang weighs around 3,000 + pounds. at around 350 hp at the tires my guess is about 1.2 hp per 10lbs give or take. im no expert but given our vehicles light weight my best guess is about 250-300 hp at the tires would cause an svt owners face to fall off :twisted: . nice kill nice setup. im saving for my swap now and can only read on in good natured envy.