4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:15 pm 

so im on 61 south going to st. louis to see mudvayne, story of the year, and others at pointfest (the concert friggin ROCKED for anyone curious) when my freinds pulled even with me in a 94 celica st. i know i have burnt rings. they know it. and they still taunted me. i said to myself that they were being foolish. they were in an auto tranny celica with 3 ppl adding a total of roughly 700+ lbs to the car. i had a modified intake on a 3spd with only half that weight added between me and my fiance. i couldnt help myself. the front of their car lifted when he dropped the hammer and my right foot stopped itself at a little under full throttle. we were dead even at 70. at 75 he was at my quarter panel. when i heard him shift i found the floor and made the tranny shift in my crackerbox too. i had a half car on him at 90 and i backed off at 95. the 4g15 sounded and felt great no smoke (yaaaaaay!) not sure why that was cause it did the normal smokin in traffic sh*t later. i probably could have pushed it to 110 but i REALLY cant blow up my only car. i know it was sort of 1 sided but it was fun and was a great start to a friggin awesome day. i cant wait to rebuild the engine in this thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:04 pm 
CSM Expert

I live very close to UMB pavillon. I didnt go to pointfest this time (been to like 6 or so). Nice slow kill:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:51 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
I live very close to UMB pavillon. I didnt go to pointfest this time (been to like 6 or so). Nice slow kill:)
Haha, you have to realize that us folks with the 4g15, all we can do is "slow kills." ;) No blazing speeds or fast cars involved here.

Also, what gen was that celica? I can't remember if 94 was a fourth gen or not, because if it was, the ST sucked nuts that year. Just curious, I'm not bashing or anything, but my best friends owns a 85 3rd gen GT, so by hanging around him a lot, I sort of know more than I should about these cars. Good job showing him what was up, though! 8)

Edit - after a 2 second search, i found out it was a fifth gen! Even more props!

And here's a good pic of my friends car:

94 Talon TSi AWD Auto - Sold
90 Laser RS FWD 4G63T - Hit and totalled

Summer - 2000 Pontiac Fireturkey Trans Am LS1 A4
Winter - 2006 Honda CRV K24 5MT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:47 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

1994 Celica

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:36 pm 
Some call me a god

My other friend had a 1995 GT, that thing was pretty damn quick. He said he was going to swap a twin-turbo V6 into it, but he always talks big. ;)

94 Talon TSi AWD Auto - Sold
90 Laser RS FWD 4G63T - Hit and totalled

Summer - 2000 Pontiac Fireturkey Trans Am LS1 A4
Winter - 2006 Honda CRV K24 5MT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:13 pm 

i hate people that talk big...by the way have i mentioned i have been thinking about putting the 6G72TT in the mirage.....man thats gonna be sick

LOL

-Marc

Silver 94 Ford Thunderbird LX 4.6 V-8
removed intake silencer, K&N, 3:27's, open exhaust, custom intake. wating for a new trans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:52 pm 

How about a 4g63 turbo AWD in an Eagle Summit wagon? See you at the track! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:33 pm 

well maybe to show the sarcasm a lil better i shoulda said im gonna put a chevy 350 in it and make it rear wheel drive! lol

Silver 94 Ford Thunderbird LX 4.6 V-8
removed intake silencer, K&N, 3:27's, open exhaust, custom intake. wating for a new trans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:42 am 

Quote:
How about a 4g63 turbo AWD in an Eagle Summit wagon? See you at the track! 8)
Boring... here in the world of JDM's we call those Chariot GT Resortrunners... now if you want scary, try this on for size:

This is my wifes RVR Sportsgear, 4g63t 4wd goodness...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:58 am 
CSM Junkie

monster - that things 5spd too isnt it

we call that the endeavor over here in the states

where it is slow and a/t poop

the more i talk to these aussies and NZers the more i'm ready to sell my house and buy a one way ticket for christchurch to become a BOYRACER :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:22 pm 

Quote:
monster - that things 5spd too isnt it

we call that the endeavor over here in the states

where it is slow and a/t poop

the more i talk to these aussies and NZers the more i'm ready to sell my house and buy a one way ticket for christchurch to become a BOYRACER :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, its 5spd, I figured you guys would have a equivalent named model, a shame you never got to enjoy the 4g63 turbo models like we do, with minor mods(exhaust,intake), they run 13's easy enough...

New Zealand is great fun, being in the southern hemisphere, it's the middle of Summer when Christmas rolls around, so t-shirts and BBQ's instead of snow! It'd be fun to watch you learn to drive over here too, with all our cars being RHD and we drive on the opposite side of the road to you :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:30 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Yeah, its 5spd, I figured you guys would have a equivalent named model, a shame you never got to enjoy the 4g63 turbo models like we do, with minor mods(exhaust,intake), they run 13's easy enough...

New Zealand is great fun, being in the southern hemisphere, it's the middle of Summer when Christmas rolls around, so t-shirts and BBQ's instead of snow! It'd be fun to watch you learn to drive over here too, with all our cars being RHD and we drive on the opposite side of the road to you :-)
we have drooled over your turbo mitsi suv on local forums

driving on the other side would be harder IMHO - cause 1st to 2nd you have to push left and down - rather than pull towards your self

find me a job at a trucking company and i'll be down :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:02 pm 
CSM Expert

actually it's not as hard as you'd think... when i was working at pepboys i pulled in a right hand drive scoobie station wagon. it wasn't all that hard, but everyone there was daring each other to bring it in (i think they thought it was harder than it was). since i was the "rice burner" of the guys, i sorta got chosen by default. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:30 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
actually it's not as hard as you'd think... when i was working at pepboys i pulled in a right hand drive scoobie station wagon. it wasn't all that hard, but everyone there was daring each other to bring it in (i think they thought it was harder than it was). since i was the "rice burner" of the guys, i sorta got chosen by default. lol
forgot about that- my moms friend delivers mail and drives a RHD subie - the thing developed a bad rear - someone should buy it and slap an EJ20 in tehre

oh wait boxer motors are trash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:40 am 

with a bit of mental conditioning, RHD is actually more intuitive and easier to shift, easier to control the car too with one hand if you're right-handed.

Think of it this way, if you're sitting in the passenger side of your car, shifting becomes a more gentle operation, using light push pressure instead of pulling it, ie(Here's hoping I can explain this right)

1st you effectively push away, then up:

O
| | |
+-+-+
| | |(R)

Going into second, you keep the away pressure lightly on, but flick it down into 2nd:

| | |
+-+-+
| | |(R)
O

Third is even easier, since you roll your hand over to the other side of the shifter, and guide it upwards, letting the shifter center itself as you go up into 3rd:

O
| | |
+-+-+
| | |(R)

4th, keeping your hand on the left side of the shifter, just flicks it straight down into gear.

| | |
+-+-+
| | |(R)
O

And finally 5th is like 3rd, except you use some pressure to bring it across into the side of the shifter box as you go into gear.

O
| | |
+-+-+
| | |(R)

Hopefully in the next year or two my wife and I will be coming over to the USA to go to some of the NHRA events, watching 8000hp rails on tv is fun, but I'm betting being there is much better :-)