4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Got whooped
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:00 pm 
Some call me a god

Well I turned the boost up for the night since I was supposed to run a buddy of mine's Talon. We are at our local hangout spot and 4 4.6 Mustangs roll in from up north. Two are pre 2003 cobras and the other two are 98 GTs. One GT had usual bolt ons and the other was supercharged and had nasty exhaust. Well the supecharged one and the other GT go out to do a highway pull and I pursue to see if I can catch up to play. No one really knew about the supercharged one so I wanted to be the guinea pig. We came onto the interstate with him behind me and he's in 2nd, which I didn't know at the time, while I was in third. I knew he was gonna hit it real quick so I tried to time my throttle with his but it didn't work out. He got a nice kick and slungshot around me while I spooled third. He pulled about half a car in third, and another in 4th. But he didn't pull too bad so I wanted to do another pull without him getting the kick. We spoke briefly while riding down the road and then we did a small 4th gear pull with no one pulling on one another. I was siked since I knew that thing was nasty. We both head back to the local hangout and we gave congrats to each other. Come to find out, he had a vortech kit with nitrous and friday he put down 438 to the wheels while it was breaking up in high rpms, and that was off the bottle. Absolutely sickest 4.6 GT I've ever seen. Glad to know I can hang with that kind of power at least.
Second race was me versus the talon that runs 13.1 at 103. We decide to run heads up so we head out and get to our spot. The flagger comes out and I get my RPMS up, but not high enough, only 3k rpm when his arms drop. I dump the clutch to try and salvage this awful 3k rpm roll out semi launch and the talon automatically pulls 3 to 4 cars. I was tempted to just call it quits there because it was such an ass raping out the hole but I decided to keep on it just for giggles. Well towards the top of 2nd I'm starting to pull back some so I say to myself, "well maybe I can at least salvage something", and about the middle of third I'm gaining pretty good on him, only a car back. I hit 4th and I'm starting to pull harder and get back even with him just about at 100mph. I end up about a half a car ahead. I was really happy with the topend of the 18g because for some reason its deciding to hold boost all of a sudden. Note to self, beware of AWDs out the hole with a good driver.

Post subject: Re: Got whooped
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:19 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Note to self, beware of AWDs out the hole with a good driver.
:twisted: