4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:41 pm 
Some call me a god

Sautrday afternoon was beautiful. spent the day working over at the shop and cleaning up the CSM. Coupla guys came through the shop, and we shot the sh!t :)

Being the prognosticator that I am... :wink:
I'm figuring that since it was such a nice day...... That the evening's gonna be nice as well ! So... ON go the drag radials!!

I met up with some buddies at Chili's, had some grub, and then we
rolled up to the local spot in rockville to see what type of talent was out there.

Met up with some more of the DSM crowd.

There were a bunch of STi's/WRX's, One or two EVO's, a gaggle of hondas and Acuras that did nothing more than rev their engines all friggin nite, pissing everyone off :-?

Anyhow, it started raining on that side of town, so we decided to
leave. Well, it's about a 25 minute ride to my area, and by ther time
I made it to my side of town, it wasn't raining ANND the roads were
dry.
I'm making my way through light traffic. when a WS6 blow past me at about 1XX :o !

I gear up to catch him. [I know he thinks I'm in a honda or something]
I match his speed a about 100 or so, and gear down to third.
He gears down and nails it!!!!!

I shorthshift into 4th, grab a bunch a fifth and place my right foot on the backside of the motor!!!!

Holy Christ! I'm pulling away from him!!! I hear him grab 5th [or 6th]
and he can't make up the ground!!!

From there we went through some traffic and he gets off at the next exit....

:finga:

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:46 pm 
CSM Expert

HAHAHAHA!!!! omg that's freakin' beautiful!!!! ws6-->:hammer:<--geoff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:30 pm 
Some call me a god

A run in with a WS6 here as well on the same night! A buddy of mine with a myriad of mods, runs 12.2s going down the track sideways on DR. His car is a little tamer now but its still rediculous. I really didn't want to run him since I knew/thought he would beat me and plus I had just raced 5 times in the last 30min (both 5.0 mustangs, one blown, the other spraying out the hole on DR) so my clutch was a bit ripe. We were going back to the gas station because I had run out of cam2 and was on empty. Wantarace was in the passenger seat with me and he didn't think I had a chance in hell. We go from 55mph 3rd gear pull and the little 18g gives all its breath real quick and I pull about half a car on him. I grab forth and he isn't pulling back and Chris is freaking out beside me cause he can't believe his eyes, and I am surprised as well. Ws6 starts to inch up a little by around 115mph but a turn in the road stops the fun and we light up the brakes real hard. WS6 was real impressed when we pulled into the station as was everyone. On to the SCM61 I go.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:27 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
A run in with a WS6 here as well on the same night! A buddy of mine with a myriad of mods, runs 12.2s going down the track sideways on DR. His car is a little tamer now but its still rediculous. I really didn't want to run him since I knew/thought he would beat me and plus I had just raced 5 times in the last 30min (both 5.0 mustangs, one blown, the other spraying out the hole on DR) so my clutch was a bit ripe. We were going back to the gas station because I had run out of cam2 and was on empty. Wantarace was in the passenger seat with me and he didn't think I had a chance in #*!!. We go from 55mph 3rd gear pull and the little 18g gives all its breath real quick and I pull about half a car on him. I grab forth and he isn't pulling back and Chris is freaking out beside me cause he can't believe his eyes, and I am surprised as well. Ws6 starts to inch up a little by around 115mph but a turn in the road stops the fun and we light up the brakes real hard. WS6 was real impressed when we pulled into the station as was everyone. On to the SCM61 I go.....
I've got a friend with that turbo on his 2.4 liter, and it pulls like a raped ape.

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:58 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
I've got a friend with that turbo on his 2.4 liter, and it pulls like a raped ape.
Its not a bad turbo by any means but for some reason mine won't hold boost above 20psi. I've tried to find the cause for over two months but everything I've tried still hasn't helped it out. I'm going to the SCM61 because it'll make the boost come on more linear, which is great for FWD and I need more topend to catch up to the RWD V8s around here because they come out the hole better than I ever can, even though I do come out the hole damn good for stock suspension on drag radials. Plus, who doesn't like trapping over 125? They make 400hp on pump gas relatively easy as well, or from all the research I've gathered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:27 pm 
Some call me a god

Doesnt hold boost after 20 psi.........

:o

either BOV leaking or weak spring in the actuator...

Geoff

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:04 am 
Some call me a god

No boost leaks what so ever. I think you are right though that it could be the wastegate actuator or that the wastegate is sticking so the boost kinda spikes then it finally opens fully and falls.