4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:32 pm 
Some call me a god

This GVR4 owner posted this story about an a-hole who tried to run him down in an SUV.

Believe me, it's a good read. :twisted:

Geoff

"A year ago and some change, I had a guy in a suv come over on top of me in my lane. He was busy talking on the phone from the looks of it, I went to the shoulder, hard on the stoppers, and fell back, sweeping behind him. I seen him look up, shoulder the phone and give me the finger... I was pissed, perhaps road rage would apply here. I dropped her to second (55mph zone) ripped it up to his passenger side, got a good look at his passenger (hottie female) and then he started to swerve over to the right. At this point, I was pretty acute with my surroundings.. I dropped back hard again, and he began to slow... 55-45-35-25... This is on a highway. I reached down and held 9 for 911, thinking this guy is a basket case. I was on the phone with the 911 opperator when the next events unfolded...thankgod for handsfree kits.

This guy comes to a complete stop in the middle of a highway and gets out of his car cursing at me and advancing.. I looked back, no one coming, pretty flat terrain here, so I let her eat pretty good in reverse. The only time Ive seen a awd leave rubber on the ground. (91 vr4, well modded) I stuck it to first and waited... verbalizing the whole event to the 911 opperator... This guy runs back to his truck, hops in and sticks it in reverse and starts to close the gap. Seeing traffic behind me, I did a world class awd lauch with the frontwheels kicked to the left lane side, she ripped hard, the back end got loose and I blasted right past him as he swerved towards me. It was close.

At this point Im abit freaked, looking around the car for anything that could be considered a projectile weapon, which I was fresh out of.... The 911 opperator stated that there were a state cop and a couple of county cops about 25 miles ahead of me, coming my way, and another town cop that was reponding back behind me. So, I had to buy my time with this asshole who seemed hell bent on ramming me.

This suv belched black smoke, and sounded like a turbo diesel, but I dont think there is such a thing, but anyway he was now moving forward and switched to my lane with his brights on. I reached the 80mph mark in no time flat, but he was closing the gap pretty good. Knowing full well that the vr4 could stretch its considerable highway legs, I relaxed a bit and waited for his move, what ever it was. Still no cop lights in site up ahead, though it seemed like an hour had past, only a few minutes had.. Still on the phone with the dispatcher, I told her my speed, and that he was closing in and switching lanes, that I didnt really want this guy infront of my again. The dispatcher stated that she couldnt give me permission to break the speedlimit, and could only advise me to to what I could to keep myself safe... The road was pretty clear, an occasional motorist.

The Gold Colored SUV came roaring up to my blind spot and stayed there for ever, I increased speed to 90, 100, and he stayed with me. Almost felt like he was going to try a police pit maneuver. I told the dispatcher that Id take the ticket, this guy was really messing with me now... I dropped it to third and that was it. 125-130, fourth, 140-150, not watching the speedo anymore, I ran 4th out to 7500, grabbed a big handful of 5th and stayed in it. After a bit, I let off, looking at the mirror, he was still back there in the distance..way in the distance, I glanced up caught a glimps of a cop in the turnabout with his lights off, I tried flashing him, but I went by so fast I doubt that my fingers hit the highbeam switch before I past him... He didnt come out right away, off throttle and pulsing the stoppers, I watched the cop wait and then the suv came past and he lit him up with his cherrys and berrys. The dispatcher had me go to the next truckstop where a state cop would meet me shortly.

Long story short, this guy got nailed, had a concealed firearm in the car, and I was supposed to testify to the events that led up to his arrest.
I declined going, after talking to the states attorney there was enough there to get him, enough witnesses, (evidently one of the people I flew by while he was giving chase had stopped and also signed a statementt) and my recorded conversation with the dispatcher was going to be used as well...

After some time waiting, a cop did show up and took my statement. Then two more police cars showed up, one county and a unmarked state trooper. They asked if I was ok, blah blah blah... I was a little shakey, nervous, adrenaline, etc.. The LT in the unmarked car, laughed and said that he had never ever clocked someone going that fast in a car. Evidently he was the one sitting and waiting for me to pass, He would of locked my speed in to show me, but needed to shoot the other guy, who was clocked at 120+. He told me my speed was 168mph when I went past, that I was nothing more than a splash of shiney black passing him . :o We talked cars for a bit, popped the hood, and he told me to keep it under 65 on the way home...

It was a crazy @$$ day.

To this day, I dont know what I did to cause this guy to flip out, I guess looking up at his girl pissed him off.

Oh well thought Id share, seems like a lot of crazies out there."

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Last edited by MR HYDE on Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:52 pm 

168....in a sedan....NICE. Awesome story!!!

O yah, there is a turbo diesel SUV, the Ford Excursion.

08 Evo X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:03 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

thats crazy stuff. I was riding with a buddy in his Integra GSR one afternoon and some rednecks in a jacked up truck started messing with us...we quickly sped away, but as we left, we heard a gunshot. I shit you not, a GUNSHOT. The rednecks SHOT AT HIS CAR with something (still not sure what). I have no idea what we did to provoke them shooting at us, but either a rifle cartridge nipped his car or it was a shot from a shotgun. Either way, it took a little paint from the back of the car. I have the picture on disk somewhere, I'll post it later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:57 pm 
CSM Junkie

DAMN, one of if not the craziest road rage stories i've heard. Good find. I hope neither you guys or i would ever run into something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:31 pm 

thats fuxor'd.... i bet the guy was glad he had his gvr4 tweaked.

any idea what region of the country the guy is from??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:54 pm 
CSM Junkie

From reading the story...Im guessing somewhere in the westside of usa, probably california. Stories like that sound firmilier, hahha. Also The story points out about "state cop." Another clue is that the speed limit is about 65 on the highway/freeway he was on. The other guy was also in a SUV, which is either texas, or cali. Both states have lots of SUV's. Im not saying other states don't have suv's too, im just saying its more of a trend in thoes two states and probbaly others.

Last edited by Silforty element on Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:27 pm 
The happy administrator

Wow. It's awesome that the cops didn't act like assholes and give him a ticket for speeding.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:29 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Wow. It's awesome that the cops didn't act like assholes and give him a ticket for speeding.
Well, in any decent states in the US, they shouldnt have. it would have been an easy defense if they did. The defence of necessity recognizes that a law may be broken if it is the only means of avoiding a greater peril.

the defense of necessity is the basis of things like self-defense, or crossing the solid double yellow lines to avoid an accident-to-be.

In other words, it was a necessity for him to travel at a speed greater than the SUV inorder to prevent a greater crime from being commited (potential murder).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:29 am 
Some call me a god

That's a crazy story.

I really want a VR-4.

I'll chase you down in an SUV to get one! :axe: :lol:

94 Talon TSi AWD Auto - Sold
90 Laser RS FWD 4G63T - Hit and totalled

Summer - 2000 Pontiac Fireturkey Trans Am LS1 A4
Winter - 2006 Honda CRV K24 5MT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:37 am 
CSM Junkie

I call bullshit on the 168mph until i see his car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:50 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
I call bullpoop:) on the 168mph until i see his car.

No BS there pal. 160 plus can be attained with the right combos :)

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:30 pm 
Some call me a god

I agree with Hyde, 168 is definitely attainable on those cars with the right stuff. You gonna be at the GMU meet Mr. Hyde?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:41 pm 
CSM Junkie

Well i personally dont know the car that was involved so i would'nt know what extent the modifications go. So i could only assume that if it was going that fast, he would have had to have done alot to the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:38 pm 
CSM Junkie

Take note that a COMPLETLY stock 1G can go up to 140 with fuel cut. Thats with the 450CC's and 14B turbo! Plus the guy said he left rubber on the ground as he did a quick reverse. That is the first i've ever heard of something like that, cause its AWD. Info on the top speeds for stock 1g +2g cars can be found on this forum and also vfaq.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:58 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
I agree with Hyde, 168 is definitely attainable on those cars with the right stuff. You gonna be at the GMU meet Mr. Hyde?
yessir!

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale