It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:03 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I dropped it to third and that was it. 125-130, fourth, 140-150, not watching the speedo anymore, I ran 4th out to 7500, grabbed a big handful of 5th and stayed in it.
also, this sounds a whole helluva lot like 3S gearing to me. I know my 1g sure as #*!! didn't go 125-130 in 3rd gear, or 140-150mph in 4th.

Yes, it is POSSIBLE to have gearing like that in a DSM. My friend Daryl Hudson's DSM goes 160 in 4th, but its a strictly track car. This was obviously a street car.
No dis.. But Darryl Hudson's Orange 1G is a trailer queen that puts down 9's like we tie our shoes.
I definetly agree here, Daryl's car is insaine, and is definetly a trailer queen. Kinda funny story though; his old car (the one that was doing 10s) was sold to spyonyou (guy with the 3000GT who wrote the posted story) a couple years ago when he bought the orange chassis from Buschur, and was recently sold to one of my coworkers at KOUMotorsports. It is currently street driven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:05 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
what if it was a 3000gt VR4? I says nothing in the story about it bieng a galant, and the 3S is geared to go well beyond 168.
Knowing very well that GVR4's can do 160 plus. I assumed it was a GVR4.
Upon checking, Midwest DSM is certainly correct in his assumption the the car in question is in fact a 3Si.

Here's the car.. Sorry for the misinfo.

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Last edited by MR HYDE on Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:07 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
also, this sounds a whole helluva lot like 3S gearing to me. I know my 1g sure as #*!! didn't go 125-130 in 3rd gear, or 140-150mph in 4th.

I definetly agree here, Daryl's car is insaine, and is definetly a trailer queen. Kinda funny story though; his old car (the one that was doing 10s) was sold to spyonyou (guy with the 3000GT who wrote the posted story) a couple years ago when he bought the orange chassis from Buschur, and was recently sold to one of my coworkers at KOUMotorsports. It is currently street driven.

lolololol. I was looking at the orig thread on Mach V and noticed you guys were from the same area.

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:08 pm 

sorry for sounding like an asshole Hyde, wasn't my intention. I was just really thrown by the speeds he posted in the gears he said he was in...it sounded way to familiar to me as a 3S than as a DSM.

I should have recognized the writing style of Spy from the story though, that guy always has some funny yarns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:11 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lolololol. I was looking at the orig thread on Mach V and noticed you guys were from the same area.
small world eh? We have a fairly large population of very knowledgeable DSMers in my area. Pretty unexpected for the cornfields of Central Illinois. Like I said, Daryl lives 45mins from me, Spy is like 30, one of my roomies has an 11 second Stealth, one of them has a low 13second DSM, the shop I work for has two 10 second DSMs in its bay right now....yeah, its nice :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:00 pm 
CSM Expert

that was good, you never know what the other guy has in his car (gun) that's why I'm faster:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:51 pm 
CSM Expert

Quote:
From reading the story...Im guessing somewhere in the westside of usa, probably california. Stories like that sound firmilier, hahha. Also The story points out about "state cop." Another clue is that the speed limit is about 65 on the highway/freeway he was on. The other guy was also in a SUV, witch is either texas, or cali. Both states have lots of SUV's. Im not saying other states don't have suv's too, im just saying its more of a trend in thoes two states and probbaly others.
After seeing the pic of the car, this most definitely sounds like Illinois, especially since he mentioned a state trooper rather than "highway patrol."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:15 am 
CSM Expert

I know Daryl :) he's fast :twisted: here's a pic of his car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:19 am 
CSM Expert

ok here's another, this is daryl pulling the alternator out of my Colt to put in his race car (his went bad) I could'nt just let him loose when I could help.His car is in the background.
Atleast my alternator has gone low 10's :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:34 am 
CSM Junkie

Thanks for the facts guys. Is it just me or do the eastside tuners got more better racers then us in the west? From reading here and there and talking to a couple of buddies of mine, pretty much all of the ones into this kind of sport says they already done this or that and at years ago. I can't speak for all the west coast drivers but here in los angeles, all i see are riced out honda kids(civic, integra, accord). Most guys i see in the street nowadays wont dish out the cash for performance or styleing products. Too many imatation products and its just so damn cheesy. We've all seen a couple of products for cars that we just got to say"what we're they thinking..." Thats why im glad i got my car, and joined this forum with all the helpful people here. lots of the mitsu cars are great sleepers, just like that VR-4 owners car. Looks like the average car, but lurking inside is a street warrior. Sorry for geting a little off topic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:41 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:

After seeing the pic of the car, this most definitely sounds like Illinois, especially since he mentioned a state trooper rather than "highway patrol."
PA calls them troopers also

they are all pigs to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:13 pm 
Some call me a god

Most of the Northeast, and Mid-Atlantic areas go by State Police too.

ALOT of the DSM Vendoe/Tuning shops are on or near the East coast.

Alot of the high line, and Good JDM Honda/Acura Tuning shops are on the West Coast.

I've had PLENTY of DSM owners come to our shop frustrated because they can't grasp the concept of keeping up with the maintenance of a DSM before modding it :evil:
Many of them end up selling their busted DSM to us, and then getting a
Civic or Integra.

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:49 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Thanks for the facts guys. Is it just me or do the eastside tuners got more better racers then us in the west? From reading here and there and talking to a couple of buddies of mine, pretty much all of the ones into this kind of sport says they already done this or that and at years ago.
Living the life, here you run 12's your a slow as ass--lol I know of sevral street driven DSM that are/could be running 9's but do not race as they are tired of all the crap that goes with it. We are also blessed with quite a few national tracks within a days drive MIR, ATCO, Maple Grove, ETC ETC. If you look at thr MD VA DC area in generally is very crazy here, Worlds Fastest Auto DSM-VRC Racing located in MD, last years DSM Eliminator winner at the shoot out from MD, we have no lack of 10 sec cars here. And I can attest a 1G AWD can and will go 160MPH.

96 Mitsu Eclipse GS-T
www.ongreenperformance.com
"Just like in the old days-More Horse Power means more crap to pick up-lol"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:46 pm 

Mr. Hyde you are one crazy Mo Fo! Hats off to ya sir! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:00 pm 

that is quite a crazy story....i wouldnt have played around with that mutha focka i woulda ran him over when he was walkin towards my car....lol but thats me....either way no matter what car it was the guy was drivin.....
[b]168 is fast

Silver 94 Ford Thunderbird LX 4.6 V-8
removed intake silencer, K&N, 3:27's, open exhaust, custom intake. wating for a new trans.