4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: RB25DET/S13
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:13 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Got a call last night from a buddy who was at a popular meeting spot that a s13 just rolled in and has a RB25DET swapped in w/ a front mount and 60-1 turbo. He just beat a BPU Supra and was looking for something fast. :twisted:

I had just gotten tuned and was also looking for a good race so off I went.
When I get there everyone is kinda chuckling under their breath and I even heard one punk boast that he had easily beaten my Mirage before in his stock 2G GSX. I remeber everyone I lose too and he wasn't one of them so I called him out and he quickly backed down...punk ass.

We head out down to the nearest highway that is a low traffic area. The s13 pulls up next to me. We went from 50 mph roll after a three honk start...bus lengths, I was shocked and very disappointed...though i was spinning in third. Passenger says to go from 60 for better spool up and so he can be in third his tranny is messed up...ok. Same results, I easily put 7 car lengths on him by the end of 4th. He pulled up one more time and we went from 65 mph...and this time I decided to give a 2 one thousand count after he went...just for shits and giggles. Much more fun giving him the jump and ripping past him in third. He didn't want to play anymore and neither did the Supra. A turbo Civic decided to try me from a 55 mph roll. I let him jump it also and he was slower than the s13.

We pulled over at the next exit and I let them see the stock 1.6 w/14B that just spanked them. Apparently they all ran low 13's last year, so I'm curious to see what I will do.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:31 pm 
CSM Expert

Nice kills, whats up with starting the races at 50,55,60,65. Why not from a dig? Are your roads frozen like ours?That WRD will get you off the line. I got a couple buddies with S13,S14 swaps, one runs in the 11's. But thats with alot of things done.
Again nice kills, where all earning respect for these's cars one kill at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:59 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

He didn't want to go from a dig because he said his 1-2 and 2-3 syncro's are shot. He said his car was a "Highway Demon" :lol: . I was expecting to be stomped but my car is really ripping now. I am hoping to be the second car to run a 12 on a 14B at 5,800 ft elevation. The other was a fully gutted 1G AWD that did a 12.97 @ 102.9 and blew the turbo on the run. I'm gonna try doing it on a 1.6 FWD...thats totally gutted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:07 pm 
Some call me a god

:o Jeezus !!! With a 1.6? What are these guys doing!!!!

Good kill maan!!! You're now marked as one of the fastest imports in your area whether you know it or not. :P

Wish I could'a been there.

I would've let the S13 do a pull from 100 mph :twisted:

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject: your wrong
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:43 pm 
Restricted Newbie

first off the rb25det does not have a 60-1 and no one said that. its a t3/t4 and a front mount thats all. and he didnt race the bpu supra(red) ever!!!! i was there and personaly know all of the people you were talking about. your right you won the race i was in the car but you dont have to make all this shit up to sound cool not to mention that sean said it was a 14 sec car. thats b.s. at least be honest. the civic and the s13 you raced have never touched a 1/4 mile track. and no one said they all ran 13s also b.s. the civic was a single cam bone stck with a t25. the supra was the only one to ever run the 1/4 and it ran 12.08 in arizona. his clutch has been smoked since the s13 has been finished. i dont know who told you this bull shit but it is wrong. get the facts straight then talk all you want.
and i dont understand where all this is coming from you talked to us last night and you were cool as hell whats up with this? and he never said highway demon, he said he wanted to do high way pulls cause of his tranny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:14 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

I was told he had a 60-1 by Sean, the same person that said I ran a 14 flat on that set up. He also said it could beat the BPU supra and would run 13's...i guess his info was not to trust worthy. He also said the guy said his car wasn't good from a stop and was a "highway demon". I mentioned the tranny thing in my post. I'm not cool.
I'd love to race the Supra though, and didn't know he smoked the clutch, he just said he wasn't gonna race. Maybe when he gets a new clutch though.

I was never dishonest, only relaying info I thought was truth and giving my rendition of the nights race. I'll have to have a talk with Sean too and get this straight. I don't like games and I'll be honest about every thing I've done to my car.

I was thinking something was seriously wrong if he had a 60-1...good to know the facts and I appologize for the bad info. He never popped the hood where I could see what he was actually running. I got the feeling he wasn't to thrilled with the nights events.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:22 pm 
Some call me a god

Hahahaha, dragstr4g61t just got owned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:26 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

:oops: I feel like such an ass, i was told bad info and like an idiot I believed it without seeing for myself. I'm a tool. Sean's been a good friend but I should have gotten my facts straight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:26 pm 
Voted off the island

Ok Ok

let the man tell his story, And if its false please tell me in pm. I am sick of all these people that get the smack down layed on them joining and saying that it didnt happen. or this guy is a liarer, etc etc.

This thread will be locked if this continues.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:29 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

No need to lock it, the guys right the info was jacked up apparently. They were told I was slower and I was told they were faster...not good.
I appologize and take responsability for this, i posted it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:59 pm 
Restricted Newbie

dude thanks for being honest and taking responsability. i thought you were a cool guy and turns out i was right. the supras clutch will be in soon and we are working out the turbo problems on the rb25 now. looking forward to seeing u on the streets. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:29 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
dude thanks for being honest and taking responsability. i thought you were a cool guy and turns out i was right. :D

Dude, you're goddamned right he's cool. He didnt mean any dispect to you or your boyfriend :-? What the h4LL is with you coming onto this site with such a disrespectful tone. There was no way for him to know that the car he raced did or didnt have a 60-1. He gave us the breakdown the way he saw it. If the info was incorrect, then go check the guy who provided him with that info.

Nice to see a 4G61 take down a S13 with a 6 cyl swap.

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:10 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

The s13 should have mopped me when running right. It seems like both sides got played.

Thanks for the support Mr Hyde but he had a right to be upset, they were told I was much slower than I actually was and then to hear more bad info...I would have been ticked off too.

Everyone in the group was cool to me and very respectful, I'm not looking to make enemies...just race fast cars. 8)

I was on cloud 9 after beating the s13. That Civic only has a t25 :o , pretty impressive and I was curious why it spooled so fast. I'm sure we will see each other on the street again. I look forward to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:34 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
The s13 should have mopped me when running right. It seems like both sides got played.

Thanks for the support Mr Hyde but he had a right to be upset,
Man, I beg to differ on this one. However you have to deal with these guys. So I apologize for speaking up like I did.
We're one big family here. So reading his post was insulting to say the least.

Again, my apologies to you :wink:

G-

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject: I own it
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:53 am 
Restricted Newbie

Hey I own that RB25 s13. I was with my buddy when we made the post earlier today. Sorry about the rudeness of it. The only reason for that is cause we were slightly mad about the miss information. Only afterwords did we think that it was most likely sean that was playing both sides. Also I have been a little on edge recently just cause I want to know what the deal is with my car. I mean logically, In my mind it should be faster than it is running right now. You definately smoked us and I am not saying I would win even if we do fix whatever is wrong but I mean it is just disappointing. Inline 6 with a decent turbo and a few other mods on like 15psi and it is maybe in the mid to low 14s. My mind is boggled man. If we do get it running better though we will have to run again but good job on the win and that little car is crazy.