4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:41 pm 
Some call me a god

Fellas, this was the run of all runs!

I've gotten off of I-495 to 95N. I'm getting ready to get off at my exit.
I've got my buddy on the phone [hands free ear piece] telling him about the last two runs, when an SRT4 comes blowing by.

THE SRT4 sounds like h3ll on wheels too!!! Big turbo spool, BOV, wastegate dump. So with my friend on the line, I hive him the play back of what's happening with the SRT4.
The SRT4 is in the far left lane, and I'm coming up to him in the third lane over. [I dont want this guy seeing the FMIC just yet :twisted: ]
The passenger looks over, and I've give him a 1Opsi BOV salute :twisted:

SRT4 guy nails it and I give him a second or two, Then I nail it in fourth.... I'm pulling... I'm pulling.....
Grab Fifth gear......
I've just come around this guy [no traffic at this point] at 145 mph, and I'm still pulling :o :o :o EGT's are only at 1250, and I back out it cause the race was over!!!!!

The SRT comes alongside and the passenger says "Yo dude, the dodge is fast as sh*t man!!!!! I've never seen one of those!!!
"I yell back, thanks man, it's got a DSM motor in it"
The passenger leans over to the driver, and tells him what type of motor is in the car...

Drivers response..... :o :-?
The driver gears up again........ I gear up...

He nails it....
I roast tires, Grab fourth, snatch fifth floor it and walk him a couple of cars.
I back out it it and give him the thumbs up......

Good stuff fellas.

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:13 pm 

to have the life to live in an area full of fun cars, and to own one of those fun cars....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:51 pm 
CSM Expert

Yeagh I've killed every SRT-4 Ive raced so far. They are quick thoe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:52 am 

a couple of my buddies own srt-4, and they are fast. But the next car i want to ride in is a 10-12 second colt. Probably scare the pants right off of me.

GREAT KILL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:15 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
But the next car i want to ride in is a 10-12 second colt. Probably scare the pants right off of me.
Well it isn't really scarey, its just hellaciously fun. It does get a little strange when you stomp on it and torque steer across the road because you only had one hand on the steering wheel. 2nd gear burnouts do get the car off line really quick though. I'm used to it by now but I'm sure the passengers are scared shiitless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:28 pm 
Some call me a god

i have larned to hold the wheel with my left hand at the 9 o clock posistion, without power steering it gives more control than a hand at the 12 o clock.

nice kill geoff

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:31 pm 
CSM Expert

Yeah after 3 years of driving a 4g63t powered Colt Ive gotten use to fast, well the RX-7 aint no slouch its-self. But other people riding with me for the first time usually get a stiffie in the pass. seat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:10 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Well it isn't really scarey, its just hellaciously fun.
Ain't that the truth. Fun when you're stuck in moderate traffic, the @$$hole behind you is riding your bumper.

Quick fix? Roll on the throttle, and immediatley jump 10 cars ahead of everyone! :P
Quote:
It does get a little strange when you stomp on it and torque steer across the road because you only had one hand on the steering wheel.
LSD is a beatiful thing :wink:

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:20 pm 
CSM Expert

Quote:

LSD is a beatiful thing :wink:
:cry: I want a LSD, oh well guess I'll have to go the cheep way AWD and phantom grip :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:36 pm 
Some call me a god

Which type of LSD do you have? I used to have a B&M limited slip insert and it still didn't help with the torque steer. I think torque steer is almost inevitable with the amount of torque and horsepower I have on my FWD car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:41 pm 
Some call me a god

Phantomgrip with the Green springs........ :oops:

I'm gonna need to upgrade to the 1300lb set up though.

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:56 pm 

I hate srt4's with a passion, the owners think they are faster then anything. Here's a good story for ya....
Last summer i had my cobra out one night, when an srt4 owner comes up to me in a parking lot wanting to run me for gobs of money. Now i dont race for money, i dont care what the situation is, i just dont do it. So my friend who has a 600hp single turbo 00 slp camero, bets the kid for me, he was in the mood to make a little money. Now for those who don't know about my cobra, it has been door to door with 10 sec cars on the street so beating the crap out of a punk kid driving a car on his parents penny was not a big issue. When go to bulgaria (secret safe race location) When hit it from a 50mph role, needless to say, i put 15 cars on him and i let out at 140. Come to find out he has big boost and nitrous. He payed my friend and my friend bought me a coffe with the money lol.

Hyde im gonna pick up a phatom grip. How do you like it for a temp fix??? Is it worth my buying it? You know the power ill be making....

97 Jeep Wrangler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:04 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
How do you like it for a temp fix??? Is it worth my buying it? You know the power ill be making....

Well like you said, it's only a temp tix I had my turbo checked out and it's a 60 trim :o I can sorta feel the Phantom grip is nearing it's clamping limits. So at this point, either the P-grip or the axles will take a sh*t on me I'm sure that after a few track runs it would shatter.
Up til now, I've put about 2500 street/highway miles on it and it's holding up pretty well to the abuse. [Mostly highway abuse]

I'm building another Colt at this time [AWD] so I just need
"Mr Hyde" to hold up til the spring til The Aurora Project is completed.

G-

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:24 pm 
CSM Expert

FYI - full poly suspension bushes and engine mounts have pretty much eliminated torque steer in my Excel. Now I have the steering properly aligned I get very little torqe steer and both wheels spin equally when launching on a straight dry road.

My theory is that the stock rubber bushings let the steering geometry deform under heavy load causing the toe alignement to go out which steers you across the road. With the much stiffer poly bushes the suspension is able to maintain its alignment meaning that the traction from both wheels is equal and you spin both wheels instead of just one also eliminating torque steer in the process.

An LSD is still necessary for cornering however so you dont spin the inside wheel when putting power down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:39 pm 
Some call me a god

xlr8 That great info for everyone :)

Also:I'm also experiencing another issue with my car.

When making LEFT TURNS UNDER LOAD and under SEVERE ACCELERATION I'm experiencing a gear grinding or a shuddering sensation. any thoughts?

Geoff

I do have a broken clip on the passenger side outer CV boot.

I dont expeience this problem when making right turns..... Just left turns and under heavy boost.

PS I do have a phantomgrip installed.

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale