4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:02 pm 
Some call me a god

It was 2 weeks ago we were rolling downtown and a 350Z roled up on my buddy asked him "how much money u got". My buddy has a bad wrx it put 355hp down on all 4 on a stock 2.0l he does'nt race to much because the tranny's brake at about 300hp and he does'nt have the money to replace it.So he tells him my buddy will run u he has the white colt up there.So about 2 lights up me and the 350z caught a light he looks over and i had reconized him from the dyno at mac he had put down 400+hp.
He asked me if my car was fast i said it holds it own. so the light turns green and we're off he holds with me i started to get worried because i can out launch all wheel drives. Well i hit 2nd and put some distance on him not to much but a half a car held that till the end of 3rd and we both let off. Iwas running 16psi on the 11b bobby ran a 14.0 on not to bad for a 11b. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:23 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
It was 2 weeks ago we were rolling downtown and a 350Z roled up on my buddy asked him "how much money u got". My buddy has a bad wrx it put 355hp down on all 4 on a stock 2.0l he does'nt race to much because the tranny's brake at about 300hp and he does'nt have the money to replace it.So he tells him my buddy will run u he has the white colt up there.So about 2 lights up me and the 350z caught a light he looks over and i had reconized him from the dyno at mac he had put down 400+hp.
He asked me if my car was fast i said it holds it own. so the light turns green and we're off he holds with me i started to get worried because i can out launch all wheel drives. Well i hit 2nd and put some distance on him not to much but a half a car held that till the end of 3rd and we both let off. Iwas running 16psi on the 11b bobby ran a 14.0 on not to bad for a 11b. :twisted:
Well lets see how much bullshit we can find in this post. You say you can out launch AWD cars in your FWD 11b turboed colt, bullshit. Anybody with decent power in AWD that has a pulse and is behind the steering wheel will bust your colt's ass out the hole. Then you state that your raced a boosted 400+ whp 350Z and you beat him with your maximum 250whp 11b 4g61t, bullshit. Please straighten your story out because none of it makes sense and no one will believe you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:33 pm 

Quote:
you make darwin sad

89 Colt 1.5l - MPG Mobile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:54 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Well, the race was true. The Z did put down just over 400 on the dyno...but the guy can't drive for shiat and it has a MASSIVE competition stereo in it. Even with all the extra weight the Z should have won but the guy can't drive and Hemi beat him impressivly.
With the proper setup and good driver, an 11B powered colt pulls 2.0 60's on regular street tires...I know, I did it many times this season. He has a better suspension than I and also running stickier, wider Toyo Proxes. Till you see him launch its better to save the bullpoop comments, this car rocks nearly everything 0-70 that he races and he is an extremely consistend 1.9-2.0 60'er. He does lose to some AWD's, but on the street he beats most of them out of the hole with skill. I agree the story does sound fishy but it matters little who has more power if you can't drive it.
Davis is a damn good driver...but I still own him. Between the two of us we won trophies in every major event this season finishing no less than top 8 out of 250+ competitors at all events. My trophies are bigger though :D

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:55 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Don't forget weight. That Z probably weighed close to double the colt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:01 pm 

Quote:
Well, the race was true. The Z did put down just over 400 on the dyno...but the guy can't drive for shiat and it has a MASSIVE competition stereo in it. Even with all the extra weight the Z should have won but the guy can't drive and Hemi beat him impressivly.
With the proper setup and good driver, an 11B powered colt pulls 2.0 60's on regular street tires...I know, I did it many times this season. He has a better suspension than I and also running stickier, wider Toyo Proxes. Till you see him launch its better to save the bullpoop comments, this car rocks nearly everything 0-70 that he races and he is an extremely consistend 1.9-2.0 60'er. He does lose to some AWD's, but on the street he beats most of them out of the hole with skill. I agree the story does sound fishy but it matters little who has more power if you can't drive it.
Davis is a damn good driver...but I still own him. Between the two of us we won trophies in every major event this season finishing no less than top 8 out of 250+ competitors at all events. My trophies are bigger though :D
so you're good at bracket racing? you do realize i hope that a 2.0 60 foot is a terrible launch.. a 2.0 at the track in a FWD is gonna be closer to a 2.2-2.3 on the street.. AWDs are a bit more consistant between street/strip.. launched properly a 1.7ish 60 foot on teh street is not uncommon.. pack up the bullsh1t and take it home please. it's not welcome here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:16 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:
so you're good at bracket racing? you do realize i hope that a 2.0 60 foot is a terrible launch.. a 2.0 at the track in a FWD is gonna be closer to a 2.2-2.3 on the street.. AWDs are a bit more consistant between street/strip.. launched properly a 1.7ish 60 foot on teh street is not uncommon.. pack up the bullsh1t and take it home please. it's not welcome here.

Who the f@ck are you? The guys a good driver, keep your stupid comments to yourself. Talking about his BS not welcome here? atleast the guy has apost count, you're just young buck around here. Take your POS TSI to somewhere where its appreciated. Just cause you don't believe it doesnt mean its not true.
I would like to see you post you killed that same 350Z, the way you talk sh!t i can probably garantee you can't even launch your AWD's.

Anyhoo, awesome kill dude.

On a side note, ihave a friend that beat a 350Z with his turbo colt also, so shut the hell up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:40 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Quote:
Quote:
I AM good at bracket racing...my record proves it, my last event i ran
14.08, 14.05, 14.10, 14.02, 14.00, 14.07, 14.01 and got eliminated with a 14.11 in the Semi's losing by a total of .007 seconds. A 2.0 60' on 175/65-14's I bought at Pepboys is damn good considering most FWD's can only do this on slicks or drag radials. A good driver should easily manage a 1.7 60' in an AWD car...but thats a good driver. I'm not saying I beat AWD all the time, but you would be shocked by the amount I do kill from a launch due to them bogging or just not able to launch their car, I have several time slips of me spanking AWD's in the 60'. Have you timed a FWD on the street? I launch on the street just as well as at the strip due to less tire hop...same for Hemi. I'd love to race you in a bracket race where its all about good driving.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:43 pm 
Voted off the island

Hey

If this post goes anymore south, I am locking it.

That is all.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:58 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who the f@ck are you? The guys a good driver, keep your stupid comments to yourself. Talking about his BS not welcome here? atleast the guy has apost count, you're just young buck around here. Take your POS TSI to somewhere where its appreciated. Just cause you don't believe it doesnt mean its not true.
I would like to see you post you killed that same 350Z, the way you talk sh!t i can probably garantee you can't even launch your AWD's.

On a side note, ihave a friend that beat a 350Z with his turbo colt also, so shut the #*!! up.
He's not gonna post about killing any 350z because its a waste of gas because his POS TSi will walk it by 10 cars. Your garantee sucks as well due to the fact that you have no idea what your talking about, he can launch his car great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:09 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

On a side note, ihave a friend that beat a 350Z with his turbo colt also, so shut the #*!! up.
haha... i may be new to this site.. but trust me i'm no stranger to racing or the 4g63. and yes, you are correct, i do in fact suck at launching my car. the damned thing just doesn't hook in 1st gear and keeps my 60 foots in the 1.7s due to the traction issues.. and as was said.. i wouldn't waste my time on a 350z unless there was money involved.. i really don't care what can and can't beat me in a bracket race... because i build my car to win.. what's the point of making a car faster, if you're just going to handicap the opponent to make up for it? retarded. sure, a 2.0 is a decent 60 foot for FWD on street tire.. but trust me, it's not the same on the street. you're probably just used to racing rich boys in their daddy's WRX that can't launch and bog it all over the place

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:16 pm 
Voted off the island

Ok ok

this is not a pissing match Thread Locked.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:56 pm 
Voted off the island

Ok after review this thread is unlocked, for now. dont pull anything that will make this thread locked again.

Thanks

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:11 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He's not gonna post about killing any 350z because its a waste of gas because his POS TSi will walk it by 10 cars. Your garantee sucks as well due to the fact that you have no idea what your talking about, he can launch his car great.

Hey dude, i wasn't talking to you nor did i direct anything to you, so thanks for coming out.

High PSI bla bla: OK, so i was wrong about your launching abilites, my bad, but i don't feel stupid about it. Also, the basic fact is that this guy can launch his FWD better then some AWD's, you cant argue that. Just because youre a good lucnher doesn't mean he's a crappy launcher. Also, that fact that you came to this board out of no where to bash on this guys kill rubbed a few people the wrong way. I dont know you or do i care for you, but you can;t come into a community like this where he's built a good rep for himself and just bash him out of nowhere. I'm the only one that spoke up, but only because i dont give a shit what anyone thinks and some things just have to be said. You obviously know these guys from outside of the board so just keep your comments to yourself or PM him and tell him he's full of it.
Also, if you can't launch first gear maybe you should invest in a dual stage boost controller, because if you have that kind of money to make an AWD peel 1st then you must have money for some decent boost control....right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:25 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey dude, i wasn't talking to you nor did i direct anything to you, so thanks for coming out.

High PSI bla bla: OK, so i was wrong about your launching abilites, my bad, but i don't feel stupid about it. Also, the basic fact is that this guy can launch his FWD better then some AWD's, you cant argue that. Just because youre a good lucnher doesn't mean he's a crappy launcher. Also, that fact that you came to this board out of no where to bash on this guys kill rubbed a few people the wrong way. I dont know you or do i care for you, but you can;t come into a community like this where he's built a good rep for himself and just bash him out of nowhere. I'm the only one that spoke up, but only because i dont give a $%# what anyone thinks and some things just have to be said. You obviously know these guys from outside of the board so just keep your comments to yourself or PM him and tell him he's full of it.
Also, if you can't launch first gear maybe you should invest in a dual stage boost controller, because if you have that kind of money to make an AWD peel 1st then you must have money for some decent boost control....right?
this quotes getting big.. haha... the traction issues are more complicated than that.. i plan on fixing them with a set of hoosiers anyways.. and FYI i was being serious when i said i suck at launching..if i was good at launching they'd be a lot quicker than 1.7s..

IMO making a post is asking for a response.. if he doesn't want any negative response he shouldn't have posted it.. anyone who posts anything deserves whatever comments that come with it

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next