4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:28 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

No one in the area really gives the colts and the mirages in the area any credit until they are personally beat, or see how well you hang. A few weeks ago some of the other sleepers on the local car boards got into it. They started setting up a good time to have a race. I volunteered to join on the action thinking I could easily handle just about all the other budget builds. The night that ended up being the night, was after a car show that the entire online colorado racing community new about. It's mostly set up by one board, but we have compition out here so the other 3 catch wind and it ends up being where EVERYONE goes.

This month it wasn't too big, but there were still quite a few quick cars. Including an R32 Skyline with a single turbo conversion. 51-trim if i remember correctly. There was also a 4th gen Supra w/ single turbo. He was running a 67. After that, it was me, bobby, a turbo II rx7, turbo 626, a turbo honda hatch, a completely stock ws6 with a very good driver (13.7 at this altitude) and a small group of slightly slower cars trailing to more or less watch.

With the highway monsters the virtually all of us were, we hopped on the closest one we could find. Its already 10:30 pm, so traffic is really light, and we have 3 lanes to work with most the time. I was second in line behind the turbo II. Soon as we finished the onramp it was a go. The tII wasn't modified too much, just exhaust, intercooler, and other minor mods. I waited till he spooled. Then i waited til he started moving. I was dissapointed with its bottom end response. At that point i floored it in third (he started in second), and put about 7+ cars on him before i got off. After that, was the 626. He had a JDM motor of some type. 2 liter mazda turbo engine. He had a bigger turbo on it. He ran a 14.8 with decent traps and shitty 60's. The funny thing was, he thought he could take me. He was the one that actually set everything up in the first place. This time, the TII, me, and the 626 line up. I again wait until both of them are moving. I go ahead and floor it when the turbo II finally gets moving cause i couldn't see the 626. When i had about 4 cars on the tII i looked back and noticed that the 626 either had some serious lag issues, or waited for me. He had just started pulling on the tII pretty hard and you could tell it did have some top end. But it wasn't a match. He never caught. and actually blew something up a few minutes later.

For a while after that, i was out of the racing. I got a little too far ahead of the crowd. the 626, the tII, and some random car were holding everyone up. When a gap finally emerged, bobby pulled up and got a race in with the same people. Then they skyline emerged.

I see 3 cars behind me coming quick all of a sudden with a new set of headlights where bobby's were. they were the brightest of the set. I was at the perfect spool point in third and punched it. I had the hardest pull of the night right then. I see the 2 cars behind me start to fall back again but i cant see the skyline in my rear view anymore. Right then I hear the loudest exhaust i've ever heard. he probably passed me doing 145+. Of course, I couldn't catch. This is the same skyline i raced a few weeks ago. In that short of a time he did the single turbo conversion.

Then comes the supra racing some of the other cars i already beat. He flew by quickly and I couldn't get into it with him right away. About a mile down the road though, I was able to see what I could do. I dropped the car in to 3rd and waited for the supra to get in gear. He had a huge turbo, and I knew his top end was crazy, but I still waited til i could at least hear it start to spool before I took off. I punched it and put about a half car on the supra. He started pulling back up and hit his revlimter right in my window, he nailed it quickly though, i only heard it bounce twice. I was already in 4th at that point and managed to keep within a car of him for a good distance, but when fifth came. I was out of the picture. He instantly put many cars on me.

The ws6 was one of the cooler domestic guys i've met. he was actually the only domestic at the car show for almost the entire time. Hes trying to get an fd or a supra sometime soon, but also has an SS with a blower. The ws6 is exected to have the 427 in it next year though. He was probably about dead even with how bobby holds, but i think bobby beat him too. I could be wrong on that though.

We stopped and got gas after realizing we just did a half hour drive in 5 minutes. On our way back bobby and I managed to get a few highway pulls in with each other. There was one race where we shifted at EXACTLY the same time. It was about the coolest sounding thing I've ever heard. I was getting about a car a gear until we were moving a little faster. In 5th I would pull a little harder though.

About all there was left to race was the honda. It was a white hatch that dynoed at around 320 or so. The rumor was 380, but unless he was lying, it was straight from his mouth. 3rd gear start for me. I think he might have gone second. I put a car or 2 on him instantly, but he started reeling me in after that. he passed me, but when he finally hit 4th i caught back up. We had to get off though. He still had a half car on me.

All in all, it was about as fun as it gets.

3" Mandrel Exhaust w/highflow cat w/Magnaflow. Apex'i AVC-R. TurboXs RFL BOV. Starion FMIC. Big 16g. 2g Manifold, O2 Housing, & TB eblow. Walbro 255. Homemade Poly motor mounts. MSD DIS4 Ignition. ACT 2600lb pressure plate w/street disc. K&N on custom cold air setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:41 pm 

One of the best night's of racing I have ever been a part of. That supra was pissed - He tapped the gas in fourth going about 75, and his turbo spooled SO LOUD, then the BOV fluttered SO LOUD, all the while the car jumped about six inches from the torque. That Skyline is hard to get used too though, I saw him pass thinking his girl was driving before I remembered the RHD. All in all, the night was absolutely sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:14 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Hehe, that night was awesome. Its not every night you get to go cruising with two of Japan's elite cars and keep up. I did beat the WS-6 from a slow roll 40-125, I put about 2 car lengths on him, not to mention that Yellow SS we both spanked. I convince the guy in the supra to do a fifth gear roll from 65 mph...hehe, the 11B shocked him as I just took off putting a good 3 car lengths on him instantly...then the big turbo spooled and he blew by me like I was hitting the brakes.

The guys in the 626 and turbo II got raped by Ian from a 45 mph roll and the funny thing was I was right behind the turbo II when the race started, I let them take of for a second then hit the gas. I caught and passed both the 626 and FC in 4th, but Ian was long gone. Its too bad they kept making lame excuses and the 626 kept turning up the boost trying to hang...then BOOM. He blew the turbo. They picked a fight and lost hands down to both CSM's. They wouldn't race us from a stop and I quote "Its like feeding a baby, what will it prove." I had to laugh, racing from a stop proves not only how well the car is set up but how well you drive it.

All in all a fun night and good to shut the nay sayers up and prove once again the in the sleeper world...we rule them all.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:27 pm 

Quote:
"Its like feeding a baby, what will it prove."

He actually said "It's like killing a baby, what will that prove?"
Quote:
I had to laugh, racing from a stop proves not only how well the car is set up but how well you drive it.
But I agree wholeheartedly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:53 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

hehehe, I'm def. I didn't think it made any sense but now it does...still doesn't account for his excuse though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:56 am 
Restricted Newbie

That sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.
I'm from Québec city up in Canada and we have none of these cars. There's no way we could have done that. There are like 4 supras here and three of 'em are driven by 60 year-old men.
Me and a couple of my friends want to drive around this summer,(Ontario and somewhere in the northern states to get some cool vids and pics.)
I hope i'll see a couple of you guys and we'll have a chance to talk.

15psi...burning 3rd gear all the way....
http://colttsi.monchar.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:00 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Yeah, its wierd. Colorado is like mini california. When I am in the right neighborhoods, i can guarantee a ferrari sighting at least once a week in normal commutes. We are pretty lucky to have so many of them into racing too. You never know whats there until you see it though. There are 4 skylines in colorado (supposedly even more) but i've only seen one on the streets, which is the one i've raced. Sometimes you just gotta meet the right people. then all of a sudden your surrounded by all the cars you've ever wanted to own.

3" Mandrel Exhaust w/highflow cat w/Magnaflow. Apex'i AVC-R. TurboXs RFL BOV. Starion FMIC. Big 16g. 2g Manifold, O2 Housing, & TB eblow. Walbro 255. Homemade Poly motor mounts. MSD DIS4 Ignition. ACT 2600lb pressure plate w/street disc. K&N on custom cold air setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:56 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Supra's are sick, plane and simple. Mikes is a cool guy and loves to race, most supra owners won't even give us the time of day...though mikes was way out of our league and only at 17 psi for the night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:57 pm 
CSM Expert

I know what you mean about being in the right neighborhoods to see cool cars. I work in Scottsdale Arizona and see exotics on regular basis. Hummers are as numerous as civics in the ghetto and everyone drives at least a 5 series bmw! Not long ago a woman came in with a pristine 3000gt vr4. 30k original miles. I love being where there are so many nice cars to see.

4g15 12valve 5spd.
4g37 TB, MAF & Injectors. 4g37 ECU
Ported & polished & custom CAI w/K&N filter
5* Cam retard, 7*Ignition advance
2-1/4" catback w/flowmaster muffler
89 GT brake and suspension swap
Lots of little s#@t

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:11 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Supra's are sick, plane and simple. Mikes is a cool guy and loves to race, most supra owners won't even give us the time of day...though mikes was way out of our league and only at 17 psi for the night.
It's not that they dont want to give you the time of day, it's because of other reasons.

A] They can't drive and are posers.......
B] They just got it fixed and are scared it'll break again.
the main reason
C] If you in that econo-shitbox were crazy enough to step up to him in his grand kick ass Supra, then you just might be fast enough to blow his doors off and embarrass him.... :twisted:

89 2.0 Turbo Colt
13 Ducati 1199 Panigale