4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: The rare 3 car race
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:30 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

After installing my new boost controller, the AVC-R, my old room mate and I decided to see what damage we could do. The boost controller is electrical all they way to the pressure switch in the engine bay. So you don't have to run a vacuum line inside the car like with almost everything else. In return, that all added up to some faster spool up times.

After all of 2 minutes of driving on a warmed up motor, I stumble across a white Mr2 turbo about 10 cars ahead of me in light traffic. I work my way up to him in a responsible manner and let him know I was there. After letting 2nd gear blow its load in his window, i heard him downshift. There was nowhere to go at this point. So i just got behind him and let him weed threw the rest of the traffic. Right when we got a clearing, a light about 100 yards ahead turned red. Perfect. We both took a lane. Him on the right, me in the center.

After the typical "wtf do you have in that thing?" conversation before the race, the light went yellow. We both set our revs, mine with my batterbox, and I hear the car in the left lane come up too. I look over and there's a silver Infinity G20 (2000+). Far from stock though. SR20det swap w/ mods. I'd seen him before, but never got the chance to run him. So what better time than to mop 2 cars at once. The light changed and we all took off. The mr2 had an amazing launch. He put a good 6 cars on me off the line. I thought I had an OK launch too. The infinity had all of a car on me. No problem. Second gear came and the mr2 was loosing ground. The infinity pulled another car. 3rd gear. I'm catching the infinity as we both blow by the mr2 like he was standing still. At the end of third gear the car feels like its literally forcing air out of its way. With 2 cars neck and neck during that pull, its about as exhilerating as it gets. 4th gear finally came (i've been dragging 3rd out a lot longer since the ignition can finally carry it) and I pulled up to be dead even with the infinity. At that instant he got on the brakes. I don't blame him. We were hauling ass, and it had to end soon, but I wish he wouldn't have let it got at such a close call. I was pulling as i passed. So i would have one, but who knows what he thinks of it. Maybe 4th is good for him too... I guess we'll see when I catch him again. I got my launches down much better now.

3" Mandrel Exhaust w/highflow cat w/Magnaflow. Apex'i AVC-R. TurboXs RFL BOV. Starion FMIC. Big 16g. 2g Manifold, O2 Housing, & TB eblow. Walbro 255. Homemade Poly motor mounts. MSD DIS4 Ignition. ACT 2600lb pressure plate w/street disc. K&N on custom cold air setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:29 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Nice kill, was the guy in the MR2 black? If so I've seen him a few times up at MAC. The asian guy in the G20 has the SR20DET swap from the Pulsar GTi i think its called the NNT...4 individual T/B's and lots of power in stock form. Plus its got all the basic bolt ons and is gutted as bad as my car. He ran a 13.4 on slicks at bandimere during the import event.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:39 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Thats nice to hear he ran that quick. I doubt he had the slicks on when we threw down though.

the guy in the mr2 was black.

3" Mandrel Exhaust w/highflow cat w/Magnaflow. Apex'i AVC-R. TurboXs RFL BOV. Starion FMIC. Big 16g. 2g Manifold, O2 Housing, & TB eblow. Walbro 255. Homemade Poly motor mounts. MSD DIS4 Ignition. ACT 2600lb pressure plate w/street disc. K&N on custom cold air setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:09 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

yeah, I think they are friends because they are up there at the same time a lot. The MR2 is still mostly stock but the G20 is putting down hp in the 300 range, I think he hit 312 hp and 305 ft/lbs.

Post subject: Re: The rare 3 car race
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:13 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:

After the typical "wtf do you have in that thing?" conversation before the race, the light went yellow.
....um..
where you are does the light go yellow before it goes green....cause here it doesnt..?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:30 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
....um..
where you are does the light go yellow before it goes green....cause here it doesnt..?
i think he's saying the light went yellow for the cars in the other direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:02 pm 
Some call me a god

oh i get it
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:14 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

yep, if you want a launch advantage you'd better watch the opposite street lights to get your rev's up.