4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:04 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Well Im sorry this is not a colt related topic (mines a long way from being done) Any way heres the story-

Me and my good freind Bryan are cruising in his Vr4 that I built with him and head out to the local street spot. We meet up in the parking lot since thing were shut down right before we got there. We end up talking to some people and Im known right of the bat as "The guy with the Galant" Even though Im not in any of my VR4s (Mine have always been Black) I talk to a Civic hatch that has a rep, And then my Friend Eric in a RX7. As Im talking to him a guy comes up and asks if thats my Galant and off course I said no since I was just driving tonight. He knows who I am and pops off saying "Your that crazy MF that used to hang out at boost factor" And I said yep, And asked when I could get a peice of his EVO and ask about the Civic hatch and he replies that he got beat by the Civic. Enough BS so we drive off.

Cops are evrywhere so we cruise around awile and run another buddies of mines T2 RX7 from a 30 roll. He has street port, Haltech, Greddy FMIC and 3 inch and stock turbo at 10 psi. He pulls us from a second gear roll by about a car. I call that good for the POS were driving(He later said he ran a 8.7 with the stock TMIC). The ironic part is that we went out there to race the Civic hatch with a B20/Vtech that is REAL quick, But also made arangements to run a EVO 8 but the cops still had it shut down. So we cruised some more and were on are way home taking the long way when what do I see? The shiney red EVO 8 from Jack in the Box. I drop in and second and pass some cars and pull up on him. He guns it and is about a car ahead of me so i wait for him to drop back closer to me(he is still about half a car up) And I SLOWLEY gain on him till the top off 4 and start pulling away by a bumper but theres a stop light up there. We come to a stop.

He looks over and says " Funny seeing you again tonight" I say Yep. The cross street lights are yellow And then hit red. Im revving the POS up to about 6k and give her the good old quick slip/full throttle mash and pull a little over a bumper on him. I nail 2nd HARD ad the motor rocks back nasty and hes at our back door hit 3rd and were a car up before the turn where we both have to slow down. This was the first race I was ever scared of realley losing. I have been street racing for over 5 years but I have never ran another AWD from a stop, Much less a EVO. The high light was when he asked what Bryan paid for it and I popped off 400 bucks. He did a quick U and left. I know the EVO had a clutch and some bolt ons. It was a good night, and Im happy. I drove someones else car and didnt break anything

Heres Bryans modds-
91 GVR4 (rust bucket)
Full interior (AC/PS all that crap)
stock motor
Hyundai Elantra head and cams(Dont Ask)
Cyclone intake(Dont ask...)
14b with a 7cm housing
ARC JDM FMIC with stock pipes
SAFC 2
780 injectors
Tuned ECU
2.5 crush bent
Spung 6 puck
all at 1.2 bar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:15 am 

Count yourself lucky it was only a US Spec Evo8, a bone stock JDM model would leave you for dead and not even realise you were racing it...

Y'all should move to New Zealand and enjoy the JDM import world we live in :-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:16 am 

Quote:
I drove someones else car and didnt break anything
the best feeling ever, espescially when you ripped on it like that.
Nice Kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:27 am 

Well 280hp stock still aint that bad. My friednds cool. He buys the parts, the car and I work on it and race it. He needs to get out of school so he can build me a racecar!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:30 am 

Quote:
Count yourself lucky it was only a US Spec Evo8, a bone stock JDM model would leave you for dead and not even realise you were racing it...

Y'all should move to New Zealand and enjoy the JDM import world we live in :-)
Im not worried, Maybe you guys should drive better. Were heaveir and have less HP than the EVO did, Its just Zach built and tuned. We have a little motto.

T.Y.W.A.S.H.

Dont like it, beat us...... :P