4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:30 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

if i were landry, i'd be pretty embarrassed that i was only pushing ~400 whp. i heard him say that he has about $50 grand in it [and i think that was just the powertrain - not the huge brakes, volks, etc]. super clean, though.
anyone know what kind of times he runs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:23 pm 

SLOW!!! he puts out decent numbers (close to 600 corrected i believe) but neither he, nor his father (hal) have managed 11 second passes; and both have cars good for 10's. they both always get high traps with shitty ET's. I know of lower powered FWD cars that have gotten deep into the 11's. The thing is, both of them refuse to drive there car on the street, except to take it to the track, or to the dyno. I've seen hals car once at checker. We talked for a while, but the next time I saw him he was a typical RMDSM guy: "i'm gonna throw a ton of money at my car, and in the end i'll have a dyno queen thats still slow cause i can't drive it".

He actually ran a slower time when he was spraying on his current setup than without it. I'm not complaining yet, I would love to have either car, and i'd probably get smoked at the moment, but give it a little longer and i wont hold back. I don't have to worry about a run in anyway. I haven't been to bandi all year. And if I do catch one of them on the street. I'll probably have to bribe him to get him to go.

3" Mandrel Exhaust w/highflow cat w/Magnaflow. Apex'i AVC-R. TurboXs RFL BOV. Starion FMIC. Big 16g. 2g Manifold, O2 Housing, & TB eblow. Walbro 255. Homemade Poly motor mounts. MSD DIS4 Ignition. ACT 2600lb pressure plate w/street disc. K&N on custom cold air setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:46 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Well, word is they won't street race...probably a good choice legally. The best Dave Laundry has run, I believe, was a 12.2 @ 120+ mph. He needs to drive it considering how much work it has done. Now he's tearing it back down to try a more powerful set up :o ...I'm not sure he can harness the power he has now! In a big sense they are dyno queen's to date, would be nice to see the group really perform this year and make us eat our words. I'm shooting for 12's this year on my 1.6/14B, and I should make it if I keep it running.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Last edited by dragstr4g61t on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:22 pm 

WOW, hes only running 12.2 with that kind of investment-- there are guys around here running 12.5's AWD with a 14b, fuel pump, and boost controller+ free mods--He really must not know how to drive itwith that much power are they getting like 2.6 60ft times or what

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:26 pm 

yeah. they are known as some of the biggest dyno queens out here. well, dsm wise. There are a lot of higher numbers out of the supras and the few skylines around. We also have a huge altitude problem here. It takes some work to get a 1g in the 12's. not internals or anything, but a little more than a boost controller and fuel pump. I dont think you could even do it on a 14b up here short of a built motor. In a colt on the other hand... :twisted:

3" Mandrel Exhaust w/highflow cat w/Magnaflow. Apex'i AVC-R. TurboXs RFL BOV. Starion FMIC. Big 16g. 2g Manifold, O2 Housing, & TB eblow. Walbro 255. Homemade Poly motor mounts. MSD DIS4 Ignition. ACT 2600lb pressure plate w/street disc. K&N on custom cold air setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:22 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

The fastest DSM on a 14B was a 12.97@102.5. It was totally gutted and blew up after the run. Other than that the next fastest was a 2G w/14B and accessories at 13.3.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:45 pm 

There is a guy out here in Illinois who ran a 13.462@106.87 in a 1g FWD with a small 16g, unbuilt motor.
I also have a buddy who is deep in the 12s (may be 11s this season) in his 1g AWD with about $7,000 invested including price of car. He builds alot of his own stuff and ghetto fabs, but hey, if its fast its fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:58 am 

what is your altitude in illinois?

we suffer greatly up here. its very common to see a full second loss from sea level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:39 am 

Quote:
what is your altitude in illinois?

we suffer greatly up here. its very common to see a full second loss from sea level.
587ft at the track it was done at. Yeah, we are fairly close to sea level here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:38 pm 
CSM Expert

:offtopic: (I know)

Where do you go to race near Normal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:52 am 

you mean at the track I am assuming? Most guys from Peoria and Normal treck to Cordova, some of the Champaign guys do too. Alot of Champaign and Danville/Springfield/Decatur guys go to Morocco in Indiana (I think its Morocco in Indiana, I've never been.) Some guys go to Joliet too, but the general consensus there is that the track is always slick and they tech way too hard.

If you are ever interested with going over to Cordova and meeting up with some of us, we usually have a cheap drag day in the Spring/Summer called the Sport Compact Drag Challenge. Usually has a good turnout, and some pretty cool cars. Check out www.dsmcentral.com (Central Illinois based DSM forum, VERY knowledgeable people there and lots of buying/selling for the member base) or www.centralillinoisimports.org .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:33 pm 
CSM Expert

Cordova is quite a haul for me. I'll keep it mind, though.

I've never been to a drag at Joliet. I've only been there to check out the Nights of Destruction (team demo derby - pretty cool). And yes, Morocco is in Indiana. I think it's called US41 Dragway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:56 pm 

Quote:
Cordova is quite a haul for me. I'll keep it mind, though.

I've never been to a drag at Joliet. I've only been there to check out the Nights of Destruction (team demo derby - pretty cool). And yes, Morocco is in Indiana. I think it's called US41 Dragway?
Its a haul for us as well, 2+ hour drive, but its the closest we have untill the Brimfield track near Peoria opens up.

And Yeah, I think it is US41 in Morocco.

Where exactly are you located?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:10 am 
CSM Expert

The closest major city (not counting Chicago... duh! :rolleyes: ) is Schaumburg. Using drag strips as a reference, I think I'm midway between Route 66 and Union Grove.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:41 am 

Quote:
The closest major city (not counting Chicago... duh! :rolleyes: ) is Schaumburg. Using drag strips as a reference, I think I'm midway between Route 66 and Union Grove.
ah alright. Never been to either place. Havn't had anything worth dragging for quite some time. Just waiting to move out of the dump I am in now into someplace with a garage so I can pick up a project.