4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:23 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I went to MAC Autosports here in Parker CO over the weekend. It's not too far out of the way, but about the only way to get back to my house is to swing threw by a fairly busy shopping center that used to be one of the largest car meet spots in the area. Now there are usually about 15 hondas and maybe 2 T/As sitting around on a nightly basis. It's just about impossible not to drive threw and taunt the faster people out of there parking spots. Of course in these situations, those 15 other cars usually pile in before your gone and your 30X more likely to get caught with this lame train behind you. Anyhow, this night was no different. I drove threw, but I hadn't really seen anything fast. I stopped at a taco bell and a red Volvo 850 pulled around and looked at my car a little closer while i was in the drive threw. He didn't talk, he just looked from his car. Rumor is he was spraying, and I've seen a few 850 videos online that can do some damage. I jumped out after getting my food but I couldn't find him. Instead, waiting for me, was a WS6 with 20" rims on it.

"Wanna race for 30 bucks?" he said. I'd love to take his money, but I guess I should find out what he has first. He claims a v6. He revved it up and you could hear the blower. centrifugal type. He had actually done a BOV on it too unlike many skimpers in the area. Still, It sounded a lot more like a v8 than a 6, but he wouldn't show me. A little too close for comfort on the power level. But i've beaten better I guess. I agreed to go for 30 and we found a dead we could get moving on. None of us had exhibited out power on the way, but when we got to a good spot, he offered just to run for fun instead. I backed down too seeing as I couldn't really loose my $30 anyway. My passenger told him to punch it when he was ready and I would go from there. I had my car in second waiting at about a 40mph roll when he downshifted. I waited til I heard his engine come up and then I punched it. Tires broke loose instantly and I ripped ahead a car length. I hit third and held my distance for a bit until he got off. I should have had 30 bucks at this point.

We pulled ran a few more times from a roll with either of us winning. If i got the jump. I would keep it and add distance. If he got the jump, we would be at too high a speed by the time I passed him to do on the street. Every time I would at least be catching. I was about to pass once when he got off. Then we got one from a light. That damn ricetrain had finally caught up behind us and were at ground zero to watch the one that mattered. As the turn lanes started to go red we both got our revvs up. Me having my stutterbox, I just floored it. The light changed and I slipped the clutch up. I still spun bad, and when I went to hit second he had a car on me. Soon as boost built again I was reeling him in, but then 3rd. I lost a little space, but then my turbo was finally starting to put out some power. I pulled up to his door and was getting ready to fly by him when I realized 4th was right around the corner. I've been treating my tranny rather nicely when It comes to shitting recently. It doesn't like it when you leave it floored to get that extra power when you get into the next gear (traction permitting). Usually I'll only miss 2nd doing that anyway, so when 7k came and I hadn't passed yet, I stayed it in knowing I was still pulling on him. I went ahead and tested my luck powershifting. It was about the only way to pass him before being deep into 4th. I MISSED! :(. I never managed to catch his front bumper. We came to a slow and he finally seemed happy. He didn't want to race again after that.

When we finally parked and talked, he popped his hood and it was a v8. the wheels had slown him down i'm sure, but he had a little more than just a bolt on supercharger kit. He spent the money right the first time and had almost every supporting bolt on you could think of. Plus a nice intercooler that was well hidden. I caught a few more v8's on my way home from there too, but this is long enough as it sits. I'll share those next time.

3" Mandrel Exhaust w/highflow cat w/Magnaflow. Apex'i AVC-R. TurboXs RFL BOV. Starion FMIC. Big 16g. 2g Manifold, O2 Housing, & TB eblow. Walbro 255. Homemade Poly motor mounts. MSD DIS4 Ignition. ACT 2600lb pressure plate w/street disc. K&N on custom cold air setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:37 pm 

How many lobs of boost were you on. I raced one of the new SVT cobras last week and I could leave him and he wasn't gaining anythong we were stuck dead even I was on 16 lbs and a big 16g. I actually pulled just a hair when he shifted in to 4th damn my 3rd gear is really long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:00 pm 
CSM Expert

*grins as he's yearning for 4g63t power*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:12 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Nice kill Ian, :twisted: I'd like to race em from a stop...would like to see if he could catch me.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:02 pm 

bobby, you probably would have had him through your second, and halfway through your third, but he would have got you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:12 pm 

Was that firebird a fawn color with tinted windows? I saw one at mac with Procharger with two intercoolers. He had 450 hp to the wheels. Some senor in high school. Lucky little punk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:32 pm 

I'm running about 15 lbs on a normal night on high boost. I have spiked to 17 on a few occaisons, but I hit fuel cut at that point right now. When I get the injectors in i'll push it a bit more.

The car might have been a green/grey color. one of those TA specific ones. It had huge chrome wheels.

3" Mandrel Exhaust w/highflow cat w/Magnaflow. Apex'i AVC-R. TurboXs RFL BOV. Starion FMIC. Big 16g. 2g Manifold, O2 Housing, & TB eblow. Walbro 255. Homemade Poly motor mounts. MSD DIS4 Ignition. ACT 2600lb pressure plate w/street disc. K&N on custom cold air setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:37 pm 

Nice kill. Is Davis ever on here any more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:56 pm 

I've only seen a few of his posts here hassling bobby. I wasn't hanging out too much while he was actually here. So to my knowlege, he's not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:00 am 

epic saga, ian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:01 am 

the car was a metallic silver tan blend, sort of "fawn" color i guess.
Quote:
89MirageTurbo Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:12 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was that firebird a fawn color with tinted windows? I saw one at mac with Procharger with two intercoolers. He had 450 hp to the wheels. Some senor in high school. Lucky little punk.

looks like the same one. definately had a procharger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:58 pm 

eh. i get wrapped up sometimes. people like to assume things didn't really happen that way if you leave much out on other boards. no one ever believes colts can be fast. even most dsm people shrug me off. there loss though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:08 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Its funny how so many people shrug us off but there isn't a slow one around and most won't race us anymore. There are so many turbo C/M's around here reaking havoc...I LOVE IT.

Davis isn't really a computer guy and doesn't have the internet anymore...he blew his turbo...REALLY blew it. Looks like a granade went off in the compressor housing. He is saving up for an EVO 3 B16G and all the corresponding mods, including a custom Exede piggy back system...bastard stole my idea. Should have it running by this coming spring.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:04 pm 

Most dsm guys here in colorado look down on us untill they get beat by one! We should all just build one fast awd csm drag car just be kick Mr. Laundry's ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:02 pm 
Some call me a god

I'm back you guys miss me haha probably not but it still feels good to be back eric i agree laundry sux you know what he needs aspoon so he can eat my a$$ dude thinks he is god oh well that's another story but there are some people who think cars are bad a$$