4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:58 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Well, after fixing a fuel issue I was having with my car, I decided to call out the notorious Ian and his turbo Colt. We have many video's of him smearing me and giving me the flashers...last night the torch was passed. We did two runs from a stop, first race i hear something odd...bababababa. Damn, he got a batter box. We both get good launches but my second gear owns him and I pull about 1.5 car lengths on him. He pulls a little in third and i decide to shut it down in 4th at 120 mph with him still about a car length behind. 1.6 - 1 2.0 - 0

Second race we had the privilege of a slammed DSM in the third lane. He said he wouldn't race but when the light went green he was full throttle. Ian opted to launch without the batter box and got a great launch but once again my second gear puts me a good car length in front of him and the results were the same. The DSM turned out to be a GS-T and lost by about...oh 7-8 car lengths. 1.6 - 2 2.0 - 0

For the first time in over a year of constant races and smack talk, the 1.6 showed the mighty 2.0 its flashers. :twisted:

The lesson here kids is fine tuning...and my car is a freak of nature.
Ian's been a great friend and helped me out a ton along the way. He was a great sport but now I know he will not sit and let me take the title lightly. Its fun to have so many C/M turbo's in the area to compete and tune with.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:55 pm 
Some call me a god

The reason he pulls in 3rd is because of the 16G, if he had the stock 14B, im sure it would abit different, but great wins none the less!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:05 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Suprisingly enough when we raced from a roll it was almost dead even though he got the jump and pulled very slightly. I've done a lot of porting work to the 11B, made sure everything was matched and polished for better flow...works like a dream, you would never know it was a mear 11b pumping out that kinda power. Add a 1.8L head and intake, 60 mm TB (port matched to intake), full 3" exhaust and a MBC. I've raced several similarly modded GS-T's with 14B's and have yet to find one thats even close. I think everyone is just a little to quick to jump over to the 4g63. The short stroke 1.6 is a great motor and loves to rap out under boost.

Post subject: 4g61/4g63
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:25 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Thats awesome, I love how you kept the 11b and tweaked it, has it been clipped or just heavily ported, I think im gonna send my 11b in for a rebuild. congrats.

Silver 2006 G35 6spd Sport sedan F.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:33 pm 

I don't get it. Your buddy (Ian) has a 4G63 powered Colt with a 16G hanging off the exhaust mainfold and it doesn't run faster than 95mph through the 1/4? Or is your car much faster through the 1/4 now?

A properly set up 4G63 powered C50 should turn well over 100mph traps with a 14b and little else... I was trapping near 110mph with a 14b on the 1.6L. With a 16G it is conceiveable that he could turn 115mph plus through the 1/4. I'd tell Ian to look for boost leaks and buy a datalogger.

Congrats on the win though, and yes, I agree that too many people switch to the 63t when the 61t is such a f-ing great motor. And this is coming from someone who has one of each!

Bill

'95 Eclipse GS-T (sold)
'95 Talon Tsi AWD (RIP)
'89 Mirage 4G15 (sold)
'89 Colt GT Turbo (sold)
'92 Galant VR-4 #753 of 1000 (sold)
'99 Eclipse Spyder GSX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:59 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

The posted 1/4 mi time was before I did the port work which gave me a lot more top end. The little 11B would die off after 5500, now it pulls real hard till about 6,700 and the instant boost between gears is awesome, between shifts my car lunges forward while he waits for boost (though only for a split second). I ported the exhaust housing pretty heavily and polished it. I didn't clip it because I'm not really qualified to do it and didn't want to f up my turbo trying. Also take into consideration the elevation here, we lose between 20 -25% of our hp so for him that is a larger loss since he makes more power making our cars a closer match. I'm hoping to run high 13's with the 11B...don't think anyone else has even tried and at Denver elevation to boot.

Edit: I also port matched the exhaust manifold and 02 sensor housing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:09 am 

I never really get around here enough anymore, so sorry for the late reply.

Hey, I was just as suprised as everyone else when he beat me. I'm trying to get him out for a rematch now though.

When we raced, I was running with the 2.0, b16g, 2g exh. mani, tb elbow, and o2 housing. MSD Dis4. Accel wires, homemade motormounts (poly filled), junkyard saab intercooler. 3" exhaust with high flow cat and magnaflow muffler. walbro 255. stock injectors, blah.

Also, good call billnutz. I was working around in the engine bay changing a few things to try and beat bobby again, and I found a IC pipe connector that had a 2 in tear in it. I have no idea how my car never showed signs of it at idle or made any extra noise. The power loss was slow so i didn't really notice it right away. That is fixed now.

Bobby also has tires. All be it cheap ones. Mine are cheap and bald. I mean, my belts are showing.

The time I ran with my car was over 2 years ago now. I haven't had time or money enough to get out there since. Soon as bobby and I race again though, everyone will know the outcome from one of us quickly.

Last edited by Ian on Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:20 am 
1595 cc's of fury

heheh, that time is tonight...and I'm at least a half second faster in the 1/4 mi since the last race, should be a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:45 am 

Once I get my 3" exhaust (*cough cough*) and a boost controller, you're both toast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:50 am 

bring it on nate. i wanna see your car compete for a change ;)

3" Mandrel Exhaust w/highflow cat w/Magnaflow. Apex'i AVC-R. TurboXs RFL BOV. Starion FMIC. Big 16g. 2g Manifold, O2 Housing, & TB eblow. Walbro 255. Homemade Poly motor mounts. MSD DIS4 Ignition. ACT 2600lb pressure plate w/street disc. K&N on custom cold air setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:38 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

HEHEHE, you all want the CHAMPION title belt...but it is mine. It will stay mine, just get used to it. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:58 pm 

Quote:
bring it on nate. i wanna see your car compete for a change ;)
Oh, it's already brung!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:41 pm 

New results ;)

Bobby showed as expected. We met up at a car show in the area and headed to my house waiting for night to come and the temps to fall. We left a little later but traffic was fairly heavy and we weren't able to get any good stoplight runs in for quite a while. Shortly after we left though, the topend of my car finally showed itself in a few races from a 40mph or so roll. From almost every point we would race, bobby would put up to 2 cars on me quickly, and I would slowly reel him in in third and pass reasonably in 4th.

After both of us burned about a half tank of gas, we got a light. We didn't get to sit long before the other side went yellow, so right after we came to a stop we had to get our launch revs dialed in. I have a batter box on my MSD, but i put a Starion FMIC on and the new powerband the car has made launching at my old setting impossible without boiling the tires off. I still roasted the tires when the light changed, and bobby pulled about a car and a half with some bad wheel hop. I hit second and bobby pulled a little more. Soon as I spooled second my catchup was starting. We both sat at those standings threw most of 3rd, and then I started reeling him in. He has to shift early, and when he hit fourth i caught up to his bumper, when I got into 4th I was passing.

With a good launch after i get new tires I will easily be able to shorten the lead he gets off the line, but for now, in the qtr we would be about dead nuts, other than my trap being a bit higher.

On top of bobbys bottom end pull being ungodly fast, he did have the help of some new tires that were much better than his old ones. once he does a few more launches on them i'm sure he'll put more distance on me in the beginning.

So, the colorado title is back in my name. for now.

3" Mandrel Exhaust w/highflow cat w/Magnaflow. Apex'i AVC-R. TurboXs RFL BOV. Starion FMIC. Big 16g. 2g Manifold, O2 Housing, & TB eblow. Walbro 255. Homemade Poly motor mounts. MSD DIS4 Ignition. ACT 2600lb pressure plate w/street disc. K&N on custom cold air setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:47 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

I'm a moron...made a boo boo and can't spell

Last edited by dragstr4g61t on Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:57 pm 
Restricted Newbie

One of these weekend i would like to meet up with you guys if that is possible.