Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:08 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Quote:
Quote:
So, the colorado title is back in my name. for now.
I am sure glad to have you back Ian...and any car that can lose two car lengths at the begining of third and pass me at the 4-5 shift is damn fast. In fact your the only car that has caught me after that large of a lead. My launch and second gear are my saving grace, if you keept within a car length by the end of second you would run low 13's easy. Once he gets the AFC and injectors installed its all over 8)

From a roll your the king, but I still get you in the 1/4 mi, if you tack on another 100 ft...you win. It was also the first launch on those tires so I'm only gonna improve...I hope.

From 0-110 I am the faster car and I should be the first to make a 13 second pass, then I'm upgrading the turbo. Beat me in the 1/4 mi and the title is solely yours, I look forward to the many races in our future. Not to mention all the other cars we will dust in the process, just like the old days...only faster.
There...got it figured out.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:39 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I go out regularly ducky, but i'm hard to get ahold of seeing as i have no phone right now. But i'm down to go out whenever. I'll pm you.

I'm afraid to toast my tires at all until i get new ones. I think they are down to there last few miles. I'll look them over a little closer, but traction became a much larger issue in light corners when I went out a few hours after we raced.

3" Mandrel Exhaust w/highflow cat w/Magnaflow. Apex'i AVC-R. TurboXs RFL BOV. Starion FMIC. Big 16g. 2g Manifold, O2 Housing, & TB eblow. Walbro 255. Homemade Poly motor mounts. MSD DIS4 Ignition. ACT 2600lb pressure plate w/street disc. K&N on custom cold air setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:12 pm 

What you guys leave davis and I out of the racing I see. Hopefully we can all make it sept. 19 to the track to kill some more turbo'd h@ndas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:20 pm 

Now I am sure all of this commotion has left some of you wanting an independent verfication of events. My name is Justin and I have filmed Ian and Bobby (dragstr4g61t) race more times from Ian's passenger seat than I can remember. And Ian and Bobby have been uncommonly truthful in their recollections. Both of these cars are amazing! Bobby's calling definitely resides down low, in 'off the line' situations and any time he simply punches it. Better spool up than a stock 1.8t VW, only 2100 pounds, and a coulpe sessions on the dyno(combined with Bobby's willingness to overwhelm factory - 11b - parts) has proven that the 4g61t needs more credibility than even the 4g61t guys give it. Ian on the other hand, is best described as a work in progress. He is so close to 11's that he can smell the race gas every time he thinks about it. In my opinion, Ian's next 5 modifications remove him as a "serious sleeper" and make him a "street monster." Ian's power problem lies in the fact that he is running factory fuel control and injectors. He has spent all his efforts recently in making the motor and other related items up to the challenges of making serious power, doing the supporting mods, and now all he needs is an afc and 20 psi will be an every day occurance. and then Bobby will need more than a two car jump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:12 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

Quote:
Now I am sure all of this commotion has left some of you wanting an independent verfication of events. My name is Justin and I have filmed Ian and Bobby (dragstr4g61t) race more times from Ian's passenger seat than I can remember. And Ian and Bobby have been uncommonly truthful in their recollections. Both of these cars are amazing! Bobby's calling definitely resides down low, in 'off the line' situations and any time he simply punches it. Better spool up than a stock 1.8t VW, only 2100 pounds, and a coulpe sessions on the dyno(combined with Bobby's willingness to overwhelm factory - 11b - parts) has proven that the 4g61t needs more credibility than even the 4g61t guys give it. Ian on the other hand, is best described as a work in progress. He is so close to 11's that he can smell the race gas every time he thinks about it. In my opinion, Ian's next 5 modifications remove him as a "serious sleeper" and make him a "street monster." Ian's power problem lies in the fact that he is running factory fuel control and injectors. He has spent all his efforts recently in making the motor and other related items up to the challenges of making serious power, doing the supporting mods, and now all he needs is an afc and 20 psi will be an every day occurance. and then Bobby will need more than a two car jump.
Well put. Once Ian gets the fueling needed, its all over. For the 11B at least, i'm only sticking with the 11B till I run a 13 second pass. Then I will have to go with a larger turbo to stay in the game with Ian.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:20 am 

it is all in the name of fun anyway. spin that 11b till the turbine falls off it will be fun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:37 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
We did two runs from a stop, first race i hear something odd...bababababa. Damn, he got a batter box.
Sorry, stupid question, whats a batter box?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:51 am 

Stutter box, That way he can build boost while sitting at the line....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:05 pm 
Some call me a god

o ok,
how does that work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:05 am 

You set the box for a desired rpm for a rev limitter like 5500rpm. You keep the throttle wide open and after you launch, it resets back to the typical red line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:11 am 

in nz we call it launch control. usually an electronic system which also includes full throttle shifting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:03 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
in nz we call it launch control.
ah launch control...that explains it..