4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:15 am 

Okay got the car insured and plated just to then notice I don't have any front lights other than the headlights.

I got the car minus the front bumper, and it now has a G20 front bumper on it.

All the rear lights work just as they are suppose to except for 2xspeed turn signal flashing.

In the front, nothing works....parking light or side/turn lights. I know there was turn signals in the front bottom of the stock bumper, but the car is either missing a harness or they where snipped off :evil:

Did the lower front turn signals have there own plug in harness somewhere in the bundle that goes through the radiator support? Location? Would those being unplugged possibly cause the driving lights to not work also?

I'm hitting a junkyard today, hopefully they have not crushed the only other colt I've seen in years :(

Thanks
Randy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:22 am 
CSM Junkie

They do have a harness @ the core support. Are you getting a fast blinker too?? When I got my black colt with the G20 bumper, it had fast blinkers (they tried wiring the front turn signals to the corner running lights.). I ended up replacing all the corner bulbs (yours may just be bad with age) and bought G20 corner bumper lights/lenses and connected them to the corner lights. I then put the stock colt bumper turn signals behind the grill so I could have turn signals that were not lightning fast.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:20 am 

Do you know where that lower bumper lights harness plugs in at? Drivers side, passenger side? Number of connections? I've downloaded the schematics, looks like I'll be teaching them from the column switch if I have to. Colt at the salvage yard has been crushed. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:35 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Do you know where that lower bumper lights harness plugs in at? Drivers side, passenger side? Number of connections? I've downloaded the schematics, looks like I'll be teaching them from the column switch if I have to. Colt at the salvage yard has been crushed. :(
It is one plug, from the drivers side I believe, then that plug splits to two plugs (fr the bumper turn signals). For the corner lights, each is one it's own side with the badi harness.

Come to Indy, there is a uncrushed 89 colt at IndyPicaPart and a 92 colt @ Pull-a-part

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:45 am 

I might do that, driving that way to Wabash, IN this weekend. Just have to convince the wife and kids about the stop on the way home. :supz:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:02 pm 

do your emergency flashers work when u turn them on?

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:12 pm 

Quote:
do your emergency flashers work when u turn them on?

Steve
Just the rear ones, and they flash at normal speed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:14 pm 

Also, I tried unplugged all the lights and the instrument cluster that indicators still blink 2x speed one left or right and normal speed with the hazards.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:17 pm 

that is weird... I know for a fact that when you remove the emergency flasher switch on the bezel.. that no blinkers work until u plug it back in.. it sounds like u might have some cut/grounded out/shorted out wires in the system :(

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:55 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Come to Indy, there is a uncrushed 89 colt at IndyPicaPart and a 92 colt @ Pull-a-part

Next trip to Indy I owe you a beer. Man, you guys are spoiled at that you pull yard. Ours have rocks damn near the size of rip rap on the ground, water standing even after weeks of no rain and enough mosquitoes to just about pick you up and fly off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:58 pm 

Well I have turn signals now front and back, but they still blink double time...don't care though. lol Plugged in the missing harness and spliced into the side lights on the G20 front bumper and they worked.

The driving/parking/clearance/marker(whatever you want to call them" lights still didn't work :( Pulled the wheel and probed at the switch and was getting 12v, checked at the junction box plug and was getting 12v. Pull the fender and probed the wire and nothing. After head scratching I found the wire heading out the backside of the junction box was cut and ran over to where the radio is for some reason. Spliced it back together and now have lights all around.

Took it for it's first drive :) Didn't blow up and nothing fell off. Win!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:21 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Good work on tracking down all those wiring headaches!

Wish my fenders looked that pretty. 8)