4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:11 pm 

So i just got my car running. Seller said was fuel pump but wasnt getting spark so i changed distributor and BOOM fired right up. Havent set timing with a light yet but unsure if that would have anything to do with my problems Problem is seems previous owner has tinkered with a few things while trying to debug. 92 dodge colt 1.5

First off, what are the voltages for the TPS sensor? Revs up fine but it appears as the sensor has been rotated fully counterclockwise.

Secondly, the car has a crazy idle surge, where should i start?

Third, when car is idling (after surge goes away) i turn headlights on and the idle seems to drop 2-300 rpms.

Fourth, is there anyway to get rid of the locking gas door for a normal pull open one?

Sorry for long rant, trying to get this thing road worthy before my trucks frame breaks in half. Probably a few things im forgeting to ask but I guess ill bring them up in the future. Thanks

1994 Isuzu Pickup 3.2 V6 swapped 5spd

1988 Isuzu Pickup LS 2.6 5spd. Frame rot, hacked to pieces and scrapped

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:29 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Just a warm-up, check out this area for FSMs (Factory Service Manuals).

www.lilevo.com/mirage/

I'd suggest getting the distributor/timing set, then adjust the TPS (can be set by checking resistance across the pins with connector unplugged) and reset idle, all after the engine is up to temperature. Also be aware of the 1 or 2 wires to ground, once op temp is reached, so that the ECU goes into base timing mode and does not compensate for you turning the distributor.

It will be detailed in the FSM as to which process you should do first, but maybe someone still remembers which one is best to set first and why. There was a way of doing these things in order to make the ECU happy, it's just been a while. The 4G15 was even more finicky than the 4g63 but it's been a little over half a decade since I owned, and rebuilt one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:32 am 

Some of the upper models had the gas door and hatch release levers down by the D/S seat. You could install that stuff and use the lever to pop the gas door.