4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Which axles guys!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:44 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Is there a thread some one can send me a link to? I have a 92 colt it has a colt gt tranny do I use the 4g61t axles? will a dsm stub shaft work the one that bolts to the block or do csm have there own style? I was told the dsm passanger side axle is the same as a csm axle. Let me know I am at work dont have much time to research anymore guys thx for the time!

Post subject: Re: Which axles guys!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:11 pm 
Some call me a god

In order to use the dsm halfshaft on the Driverside you will need to cut 3/16ths of an inch off of the splines on the intermediate shaft. (splines that go in to the transmission.) You'll want to just get a colt gt half shaft for the other end of the intermediate shaft. For the passenger side just get a colt gt axle and call it a day.

Oh and you'll also need to silicone two axle seals together on the driver side for the intermediate shaft or it will leak like crazy.

The copper looking seal on the left is a factory awd seal and the black one on the right is a factory fwd Dsm seal. This is the orientation that they will need to be silicones
Together.

This is what they will look like all said and done. I sealed them together while on the shaft so I knew they were perfectly straight.

2016 ram 1500

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:34 pm 

The better option is to do the 4lug Expo big brake swap. Then you can use all DSM axels. You would still need to shorten one but no seal mess or intermediate shaft to deal with.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:19 pm 

So if i take that much off i have to slot the holes where it bolts to the block correct? I wanna do it right so I will try to locate a gt stub shaft. I dont like to hafe ass anything anymoe it just makes problems down the road. Thank you very much

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:22 pm 
Some call me a god

What engine are you running.

I run a sonata km210 with an 1ga dsm awd intermediate shaft. The awd intermediate shaft is uncut, and bolts up nicely with the 6 bolt block in my car. Not sure what cutting the spline that goes into the tranny gives you?

I didn't stack up the seals as shown above and it does leak a little but the fluid doesn't drain out. I'll have to address this soon. I dd'd the car last summer like this with no problems.

For the outer shafts I'm using csm turbo shafts using the stock 1.5l sedan vented disks and hubs.

My car is a swapped 1.5l summit.

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:41 pm 
Some call me a god

If you don't cut the splines the holes on the block won't line up with the bracket. If you run the expo brakes youll have to run caster/camber plates.

2016 ram 1500

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:13 am 

block 1g na 6bolt/colt gt tranny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:55 pm 
Some call me a god

dont cut the intermediate shaft, its the same as an awd dsm, with the exception being the bracket on block using different mounting holes (it uses the two inside holes, not the middle and outside like a csm axleshaft.

also, dont glue two seals together, its a pita. pick up TWO passenger side 1990 seals (91+ are bigger diameter), use one on each side, i havent ever had one leak on me.

axle shaft on passenger side for a 92-95 fwd elantra, it has less of a chance being wrong when they order it.

carquest has a part number for driverside acle, i forget what it is, but search on here and you will find it. it works fine with dsm intermediate shaft.

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.