4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: body work
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:26 am 
Hey, I want to remove the little side bumpers on the mirage. How difficult is it going to be to fill in the small holes that those things snap into?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:47 am 
CSM Junkie

i think the best way to do it would be to weld a metal piece filling the complete molding slot.

it would give a look like the new civics
just my opinion. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:58 am 
CSM Expert

I don't know why everyone thinks civics are so bad I think their ok its civic owner that scare the crap out of me...(IThats why I would never buy one of them I don't wnat to be classified as one of them) Their definetly not the fastest thing out there (mainly cause their N/A but their just as fast as any other N/A 4 banger in the same class) I like the 92-98? Hatchback civic their a pretty nice looking cars (just have to get rid of the "slam" springs and the 4" exhasut tip and it would be ok) But none of them came from the factory like that is refeshing to see one of them thats still stock (few and far between in Toronto) Anyways back to the regularly scheduled thread...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:05 pm 
CSM Junkie

Berserko: I dont know if you are reffering to my previous post? What i meant is that id like my car doors to have the same look as the newer civics. No little protector and all uniform, i think this is very clean. Maybe ill try to get a metal plate welded in place of the protector when i get my paint job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:40 pm 
CSM Expert

Yeah I know.. just the way you said it made it sound like a bad thing.. :) I actually like all the trim on the car it breaks up the colour and gives it some contrast (now I sound like an interior decorator...) :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:06 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

If you just want to plug the holes, you can either weld them or use fiberglass to bridge the holes. If you want to fill the slot, you would either have to weld in sheetmetal to bridge the gap and use bodyfiller to smooth it out or just use all bodyfiller. Bodyfiller is the easiest route. It's not the preferred method, but if you go that route do it in layers, not all at once, while allowing each layer to dry. $.o2