4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:44 pm 

Since i started getting back on this board after nearly a year break from owning a csm and moving to colorado springs from MI i finally picked up a colt in westminster about 3 weeks ago. I have noticed that theres a few of you living close to me ad seen videos of you guys at bandimere....I dont know if anyone else would be interested in rallycrossing tomorrow morning down in pueblo with me? I know its last minute notice but the thought just came to me at work today. Its tomorrow moning at Pueblo Motorsports Park and registration is between 8 and 9. Ill be there in a 99% stock 1.5 stripped down red colt and itll be my first rallyx. Hopefully ill see another csm out there tomorrow :D
oh and heres a link to the scca chapters site that is hosting the rallyx any my cell number is 269-228-0865 if anyone wants to meet up and rally

http://www.coloradorallycross.org/index ... o&Itemid=6

Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:58 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

I'd jump right on that if I didn't have studded tires... Oh yeah and if my car had a motor in it. I loved auto-crossing my 240sx and I bet the mirage would be a kick. Take video's if you do go though buddy.

-John

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:26 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

That sounds dirty. I know my car can’t take it. Let us know how it turns out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:33 pm 

Yeah i would take some video but i dont have a video camera or someone to tape, ill try to snap some pics though.

And im sure if my car can take it yours can too, its in a flat dirt lot.....no jumps or cliffs or anything crazy, basically an autox on dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:54 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

Didn't notice the word rally in there, that sounds like a lot of fun, you'll probably have to use the e-brake a lot to help compensate for the under-steer. That sounds like a blast, maybe the snow tires would come in my advantage. Best of luck.

-John

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:05 pm 

i dont know how wide open the course is but if theres a lot of sweeper like corners instead of hairpins i found i can just lift on the throttle and sometimes give a little tap of the brakes to upset the rear, i only need my e-brake for really tight corners. I just got the car 3 weeks ago and had to immediately put a tranny in it but its up and running good and ive been out messin around on rampart range road trying to get a feel for the car since its been so long since ive driven a csm, especially on dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:06 pm 

Good luck man. You're up against some serious cars out there. Most Subies and one Evo...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:07 pm 
Digital Baby Troll

I just remember my old SHO in the snow when I started under-steering towards a curb I could hit the e-brake real quick to break the rear end around then power the front to pull the car away from the danger. Just shooting you some ideas, I drove my jeep mostly this winter so I'm not really sure how the CSM's do on "loose" pavement. I may try to make it down there and watch depending on my job interview.

-John

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:27 am 
Some call me a god

An awd CSM would be awesome in these events. The short wheel base and a little boost, there would'nt be much to compete with it, except it cant be in no stock or showroom classes because of the mod.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:09 am 

So after a very hectick morning of rushing around and getting last minute things done i got to the rallycross at like 9:02 and registration was from 8-9, but i preregistered online so they didnt have a problem with me being there a few minutes late. I barely passed tech, yesterday i had the battery out of the car and the bolt for the tie down broke off in the core support so i had to do some rigging there and all i have are lap belts in the car right now but according to their website thats all thats required so i was able to run. The other bad thing is that i got a little overzealous and ripped the whole interior out as soon as i got the car and because of that i couldnt run in stock class i had to run mod2 (modified 2 wheel drive) oops :oops: . Its a little different then autox, first off after the drivers meeting everyone takes a slow parade lap to get a feel for the layout of the course, and secondly instead of running in the morning then working the track in the afternoon (like autox) they divide everyone into two groups and both groups run once in the morning and once after lunch. Thirdly, the scoring is different, we got a total of 6 runs for the day and they take all six runs and add them together (cones are +2 sec and missed gates are +10) so instead of one good run its all your runs for the whole day against everyone elses. Despite being in mod2 I still had a ton of fun, learned a lot, and didnt come in last place! I ended up coming in 9th out of 13, not great, but not bad for my first rally in a stock car running mod. I had a few good runs and was getting faster as the day went on, but i only had 2 runs where i didnt hit a cone or two. I had a friend snapping some pics and i took a few of the other cars there....ill try to get them up on here in the next few days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:43 am 

prd616,

:wtg: Good going! Way to mix it up on this thread. 1.5 to top it off! Drive it! I know its a bit more dependent on the driver for these events, but which 4 cars did you put the spanking on? :)

Unless you swap to rear disc and add a purpose specific hydraulic handbrake set-up, I would stay away from e-brake turns as you'll just wind up stretching your cables...

Definitely hit us with pics on this!

Respectfully,