Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:11 am 

Anyone?

I have been thinking of running these and a upgraded rear sway bar

http://www.ultraracingaustralia.com/page8.htm

FRONT FENDER BARS

As most of the vehicle’s front chassis over hanging is designated to carry the vertical loads from the front suspensions, it is vital that this part of the chassis is strong enough to take the bounce and rebound force of the suspension. Else, the effort of a good suspension will lose its meaning if the chassis absorbs all the forces from the suspension and not letting the suspension does what it suppose to do.

Therefore, these high quality 3-Point Fender Bars strengthen and reinforce these essential areas of your car and help maintain the suspension in position from all kind of vertical loads.

As a matter of fact, Fender Bars come as a standard feature on most of the high performance vehicles such as MITSUBISHI EVO and SUBARU WRX. Now, you can have the same feature on your car too!

Advantages of the fender bar:

Improve handling, stability at high speed and cornering, hence safer driving.
Provide a better braking and stopping performance.
Reduce NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness).
Increase stiffness of vehicle front chassis.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:12 pm 
Some call me a god

You know, ive been meaning for someone to fabriacte me those bars too. Everytime i let the car down after the front has been on jackstands, it feels like there is a lot of flex at that point of the chassis. I think our cars will benefit a lot from this bar. Are these custom ordered bars or premade for our cars?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:25 pm 

Quote:
You know, ive been meaning for someone to fabriacte me those bars too. Everytime i let the car down after the front has been on jackstands, it feels like there is a lot of flex at that point of the chassis. I think our cars will benefit a lot from this bar. Are these custom ordered bars or premade for our cars?
I have seen other applications that use the fender bars so I posted this thread. I don't know of anywhere that makes them for our cars. I am thinking of fabbing my own set of fender bars.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:32 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
Quote:
I have seen other applications that use the fender bars so I posted this thread. I don't know of anywhere that makes them for our cars. I am thinking of fabbing my own set of fender bars.

wow those are nice yeah i could understand how the front may flex and may not be rigid enough...handling would increase greatly for sure.
I Looked and came up with nothing....any luck with you?

1989 PLYMOTH COLT GT 12v - SOLD
1994 DIAMANTE - SOLD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:19 pm 
The happy administrator

You won't find anything specifically for our cars. It's possible to adapt a set from another car or fab your own though. A set of these and a set of traction bars would really beef up the front end.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd