4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: My 92 colt Build
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:10 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I just got the tranny out . Joy :(

crack in 5th gear cover

close up of where I epoxied it

Thats it for now.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm 

Wheelhop what you just said is wrong. It is cover by ups but it has to be shiped with proper amounts of pading on all sides. You did put some support in but it was not on all sides leave the tranny to wiggle around in the box. It was in ur hands to make sure the tranny was packed properly. If the tranny would have had proper pading on all sides I do not think the 5gear cover would have broke. Which I still don't see how the tranny got droped hard anuff not to brake off anything on it and not work. It is what it is and I got fruit and banana how ever you look at it .

Tyler,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:42 am 

UPS took it for the damage claim. I don't think they are going to cover it and I asked they guy what they did with it if they do not cover it. He said he didn't know so after he left I called. They told me they send it back to shipper which is bs if they do that cuz I am out money and a core tranny. I would atleadt like to get the damn thing back if it does not work out. I am so pissed off right now :x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:34 am 

Sending it back to me is rediculous! IF they arn't going to honor the claim, then maybe not. But if they don't honor the clame it should still go back to you. It's yours. There's a $200 lsd insert in the tranny.

I havn't gotten it back. If I do. I'll ship it back to you. I'll just eat that cost. I feel bad this happened because I know you just want this thing to roll.

I can certainly see them dropping a box with a tranny in it and cracking the 5th gear cover. The padding was mostly at the top of the package completely surrounding the 5th gear cover. The TOP was broken out based on your PMs. This means that they turned it over. The UPS cherk definatelty understood that this package needed to be handled with the top upright and be put on the floor of every shipping vehicle. He said that he would insure that happened. . . What is visually broken on the tranny was protected the most. Where the package broke is where the most of the polystyrene was. If they said that it wasn't padded properly then they are full of bull. It broke where it was padded the most.

Last edited by wheelhop on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:53 am 

I know what you mean. I am just saying this is what happen. I am trying to get ahold of them to get it sent back to me. I called this morning and they said they would call me back and guess what they have not called. I have a friend that rebuilds tranny's pretty cheap. If they are not going to cover it I might just try to get it rebuilt.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:16 pm 

I just got to thinking yesterday. If I put the awd tranny in the colt. I am going to have to change out the act flywheel and clutch for an awd act clutch and diffrent flywheel. I am not really looking foward to that since I just spent the money for this stuff and I won't be able to use it now.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:09 am 

Sorry I have not posted anything in a few days the guy which I thought was my friend is dickin me around on pice after we agreed on the 500. The next day he called back and wanted 750. I finaly talked him down to 625. He will b e deliverinig it to my work tmrw. i will get a build sheat and totly cost of the tranny. The 8th opens this weekend here in terrahaute. I am going to try to get the talon out for that. Hope to be in the 7th's this year.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:23 am 
Restricted Newbie

your car will be the mean tire killer lol. i have a 4wd chassis with 4g63 swap and even i have some issues finding traction

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:54 am 

It's always fun spining the tires a little bit.

I got the tranny in my car last night from 6pm till 10 is was it took me to swap the awd tranny out of the talong put the built one it lifting that tranny by ur self is not much fun lol. It was feeling a little stiff at first but the more I drove it the bester it was to shift. The only thing I do not like is the welded diff it makes it a little ruff on turning. I thought it had an lsd in it bit it don't. I might take the car to the track this weekend. The 1 and only time i took it to the track I broke the stock 3bolt rearend. Then I got a 4bolt. I am going to take the stock awd tranny apart soon maybe today.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:29 pm 

Bad new's I feel like I was lied to. Rember when I said 5th gear housing was cracked it was not it was because to diff or what ever was messed up in the tranny which means it would have had to been messed up befor here are the pics

there was all kinds of gunk on the sycro there to. I am just saying wheelhop this had to been like that befor now and that's why it would not shift

Tyler

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:32 pm 

if you seen the date on the pic's the camra was acting weird so thats why it is wrong.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:29 am 
Some call me a god

Are those wear marks on the cover? And what was that gunk like? The pics make it hard to see.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:37 am 

Yes there was a wear mark it ate all the way throo the case and when I first put the tranny in the colt I thought it was cracked from being shiped to me. I which after taking off the 5gear cover I found that the gear had ate throo it which mean it was messed up when wheel hop sold me the tranny and that it was not damaged by the shippers. So now I am very pissed off and for the gunk hell if I know there are hard chunks of it betwen the sycros and the gears so I do not know.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:50 am 
Some call me a god

So did wheelhop lie about that trans having an lsd insert? Or was that the other trans from the guy getting the divorce?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:17 am 

The guy I got the built tranny fron has a welded center diff.
Wheel hop says this tranny has an lsd insert in it but I have not tor it apart that far yet .

Tyler

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next