4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
 Post subject: Re: My 92 colt Build
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:27 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Nothing new today. I started with talking to lancerman about the evo 1 fmic. I belive that will be a good cheap setup. Be a good street sleeper. I have a friend with a 92 talon turbo fwd he has been talking about partin it so I hope to buy the tranny from him. It has a factory lsd he says. I trying to take my time some what to try to find some good deals and not rush it. I really hurt my self. I sold the new turbo and mainfold for 1300 for both. I wish I would have thought to post it on here but I needed cash bad at the time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:50 pm 

Well goo news. I found a tranny from ecmtuning forums. User name is wheelhop if anyone knows him here. The tranny has a sbr lsd insert. 92 shifts good picked it up cheap lancerman sent out the fmic I should have it next week. I try to get some pics ont he borad so you guys can have somthing to look at. On a side note. I was reading some people use window weld to stiffen motor mounts I tryed it note to self what ever you do u don't want this stuff on ur hands as it's super hard to get off :lol: . Seemed like they turned out pretty good. I will find out tmrw. The motors going to go back into the car. I get some pics of everything need to put a new oil pan gasket and vavle cover gasket on the motor and then it will be good to go.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:45 am 

Well today. I found that I have a good 13g turbo. I think I am going to use the na motor I have laying around to put in the colt for now. I am buying some evo 1 510s. And I am going to have a custom eprom chip made and use a afc for fine tuing it should be pretty fun with that setup till the motor is done being built. I will have some new pic's up later today. After I get out of work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:43 pm 

Like I said on the updates earlyer here are some new pic's. took me forever to get the camras memorie card to work on my computer. I also put some pics of my 91awd talon in there so you guys can see my other ride it's pretty nasty. Just to add it does have dsmlink.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:23 pm 

92colt72k,

Reading this thread for the first time today...

Hot d@mn, Buster... THIS was a Toyota... Corolla??... Sheeeesh! :huh:

Just saw the Colt engine removal pics also - what're you doing with the 1.5? Would you part with the middle/bottom timing belt plastic cover + bolts for $ plus shipping $?

Good Luck/Skill w/ project,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:06 pm 

Yes I wish I would have better pics of the crash as those really suck. The motor is long gone. It was scraped.

In other news I have a few more pics tonight. Would have had the motor in buy I lost a motor mount. I got my tranny and front mount in today thx to lancerman and wheelhop.

thats the the evo 1 front mount

The tranny with the sbr lsd insert

mod the turbo talon tranny to take the colt levers

the act street light flywheel

I should have the motor in the car later tmrw night work on the car is
slow for me as I don't have any help at all. I still have to find the wire
in the fuse box to run to the starter and that's all the the wiring I have
left. I need to buy some turbo axle's if anyone has some for sale
at a good price.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:47 pm 

Glad to see my old parts going to a good home :rock:

I'm VERY interested in the results with high compression the tiny turbo. It should be A VERY fun car. And being that your colt weighs alot less than it's pig big brother the DSM, it should be plenty of power for quite a bit of fun. I gave a 13g to my brother about 5 months ago to put on his daily beater. Tiny turbo! There's a 13g compressor map floating around. And it shows about 27lb/min flow at the farthest efficiency curve. Not bad for the second smallest turbo I've ever held in my hand. With high compression and good charge cooling with a proper timing curve (not to advanced since the high CR speeds up the burn rate), I can see a clean 250whp out of it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:21 am 
Some call me a god

How did you go about getting the shift lever off? I need to know the easiest way, Im almost done with my car and swapped in a fwd dsm tranny and need to swap over the levers too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:01 am 

I had did some porting on the 13 exhaust housing at work today.

I cleaned it out a little

I found a hairline crack under the lip I am kinda worried about it

I cleaned up wastegate side ported and modded the flaper to open farther.

I still plan to atleast get the motor in it tonight still

Tyler,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:31 pm 

I told you guys I would do it for ya and I did get it in was a pain geting in by my self.

from the front

side view

pic of the car (front)

Newly polished crank for the motor I am building. I am just using the na motor for now just to see how the car feels. Only cost me 15 bucks to have it polished which is nice.

pic of motor in the car.

The plan is to maybe get the flywheel and tranny on tmrw, I am not for sure yet but thats what I am shooting for.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:01 am 

Quote:
I had did some porting on the 13 exhaust housing at work today.
I can't remember which exhaust manifold you're using. But if you're using a 1g/2g/evo manifold you will have to do more orting than that for the 13g not to have a huge step at the collector. Just a heads up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:00 am 

Darn that sucks. I might port it out some more then.
It would probley help spool up time alot. Does anyone have a turbo mainfold gasket they would want to give me or somthing. I would pay for shiping.
I just don't want to spend 20-30 bucks on a new one the 13g is not going to be on the car for a long time.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:51 am 

What type of downpipe will clear under the colt?? Will 1gdsm awd work?? I was looking in the vides and pic's I really like the guy that has 3inch exhaust and he used stock dsm muffler other the center of the car. Thats what I would like to do. I can't seem to find it on here anymore.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:35 pm 

Quote:
Darn that sucks. I might port it out some more then.
It would probley help spool up time alot. Does anyone have a turbo mainfold gasket they would want to give me or somthing. I would pay for shiping.
I just don't want to spend 20-30 bucks on a new one the 13g is not going to be on the car for a long time.

Tyler,
I have one. PM me your address again on the link forums. When you're done with the 13g you should move to an hx35 :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:42 pm 
The happy administrator

Quote:
How did you go about getting the shift lever off? I need to know the easiest way, Im almost done with my car and swapped in a fwd dsm tranny and need to swap over the levers too.
Dremel with a cutoff wheel, cut through the 2-3 welds that hold them on and swap em over and weld. Easiest way.

Tyler, This one puts the outlet right at the beginning of the driveshaft/exhaust tunnel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stainles ... ccessories

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next