4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: My 92 colt Build
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:20 am 
Some call me a god

Okay. Thanks for setting me strait. I find it ironically funny that his name is wheelhop and he sold you a destroyed tranny...probably from wheel hop. But sucks that he lied.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:25 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Thats his name on ecmtuning.com . I just hate the fact that he done it. I put the built awd tranny in the talon. I am going to put the stock awd tranny in the colt after I weld up the center diff. Also by the way maybe a few months down the road I was thinking about going awd. on the colt. but I want to make sure to have a complet rear end and all the parts befor i go that far.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:13 pm 

I got it in took it around the block I am sprized at how easy it is to turn w/o power steering nothing like the talon. It was runing a little funny and had a check motor light on. I am runing the evo 510's and 2g maf and I also am using stock colt pump right now I am sure that number of things isn't helping right now. I took it around town the welded viscus coupler turned out fine so far on the awd tranny in my fwd car. I did not like how the axles are so tight the passanger side one has like zero in and out play no room for it to move at all. I have for sure desided that it need's lowerd the body roll was pretty bad just driving around town thats high on the to do list right now.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:20 am 
Some call me a god

You are using the turbo CSM axles right?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:00 am 

I am using the 1.5 mt axles

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:38 am 
Some call me a god

I replied to your PM Tyler.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:18 pm 

I am having more problems The tranny does not have 3rd or 4th gear it did befor. It goes right in just does not do anything 1st 2nd and 5th work just fine without any problems. The tranny was just fine in the talon only other thing I did was have to hammer the old pin out to get the old shift lever off do you think I broke somthing in the tranny when i did that. I do not have a clue if I could have or not.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:33 pm 

I just scored some kind of old looking waste gate it came off of a 80 porsche 924 turbo. It is mounted on the mainfold it looks like a tial 44mm wastegate 4bolt flange but it is biger then that. I got it for free might not ever use it on anything but it looks like a good idea to try out.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:13 pm 

Good and bad new's I am guessing the darn thing will need the tranny took apart and fixed still only have 1st 2nd and 5 and dont forget revers along with that the car runs good for the fact that I do not have any tuning hardware or boost gauge. I am runing the evo 510's it was all I had and a 2g maf on the na motor so I am sure my ecm is a little off from all this lol. I need to get a wideband on it I put the dsm link in it I will throw a ruff tune on it tmrw to get it going a little better and start driving it for now. I know everyone keep's saying my diff might come apart cuz I welded the viscus coupler but it has done fine with a few little burn out's and hard shifts. I think if they total the talon I will just put the stuff int he colt for now as I like the way it feels stock it would just be stuped fast with my setup in it. \

Tyler,

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:58 am 

It's is still runing I have to take the tranny back apart I am going to try to see whats wrong with the shift fork's in the tranny. I did get a tune on it it's runing pretty darn good with the evo 510's and 2g maf I put dsmlink on it . I have desided I want to be diffrent and run a Air to water IC setup. So after talking to a few people I am going to go to get it soon. My ic setup is for sale now it is a bolt on for a 89 to 92colt only holes u have to drill are the 2 for the lower coresuppor for the ic mounts. You also have to take off the passager side tow hook. It does look nice. I just this the air to water will do a better job at cooling.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:54 am 

Ok I wish I would have got a couple of pis for you guys but I didn't. Only thing that was wrong was the roll pin for 3rd and 4th gear had falling out I belive it was when I took it to the guy to have him remove the shifter lever. I think that was when the roll pin was bent causing it to fall out. But everything is good to go now. Man taking it apart was not as bad as i thought. I just found vfaq.com and they had a good thread on tranny disasmbley. That's all I used for help took me a few hours but it came out just fine. It is back in the car. I put the act2100 in the car ass well. I am runing the 13g and 1g na motor and with the stock 13's on the car. if u are driving in 3rd and mash it it will start burning out. I am runing stock boost I think. I do not have a boost gauge in it right now. I have dsmlink and 510's on it since the talon is down right now. I am also runing the 2g maf.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:56 am 
Some call me a god

Man you work fast. Tear it up Tyler!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:58 pm 

Thx man I try. I am going to try to get u guys a video this weekend I bought a boost gauge from a friend and am going to put it in the car tmrw. I am about done with the motor build and I am not sure what I am going to put it in yet lol. I can not belive how fast the 13g spools, I been in the talon so long with that 60trim but I am really like this car and wish I would have built one sooner, I am glad I found 4g61t.org or I would have never built one. The only thing I don't like is the way the car sit's right now it just feels like it is all over the road with the torque steer. I am going to have to lower it was a dsm setup soon I do not mind a really firm ride. I had a fun time beating up on a few trucks on the highway today but thats about all I have to say about it for now.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:06 pm 

That's some good stuff man! I'm happy for you. Just remember boost is addictive and you have a NA motor. It won't take a whole bunch of abuse.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:29 pm 

Well if it won't take it I guess we both know where the rebuilt motor is going then. I am not runing much timing at all I didn't wanna push it. I am also runin 94 sunco fuel. I don't even know what turbo lag is anymore witht he na motor and the 13g turbo.

Tyler,

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next