4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
 Post subject: Re: My 92 colt Build
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:23 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

thx wheelhop I pmed u back

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:42 pm 

I have a question. I belive I seen it in Pics + Vids the other day. I like an exhaust I seen On a car but I can't find the thread now. He had a pizza sign on his roof racing at the track . Just to see if this help's he was using a stock 1g dsm mufffler out the center under the licens plate he also had an 3" cutout for when he went to the track. .?? Any help to find the link back to the tread would be awsome.

Tyler, :supz:

Last edited by 92colt72k on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:04 pm 

^ I was planning on doing something similar with my Colt also. I want it to be quiet but still rip it up. I'm going to be doing a lot of highway driving with it so it has to be comfortable and quiet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 pm 

Thats what I am going for with a 3" electric cutout for the race days,

Tyler,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:24 am 

Well I got the tranny in last night

I desided to put the my 1g awd dsm rad in the car. I had to mod the mounts a little bit]

I have a eprom chip to run the talon off of. I think I am going to go back to that for the awd and use dsm link on the colt. Try to see how far I can push the little 2.0 N/T from thing's I been reading I will probley max out the 13 g befor the motor desides to go.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:01 pm 

I just picked up some redline tranny fluid off line. I am going to advance today to pick up amm the diffrent hoses and lines I need. Going to start on the fmic today I hope.

I am going to goahead and use the 1.5 axles for now since they are free to me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:41 pm 

Looks good so far man. Keep it up. I want to see a startup video man! Check out what I did to my 14b and manifold in my build thread under the 4G63 tech section.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:27 pm 

I seen your thread. I like what you did. I would like to know what side u guy's go off of to have ur pics insted of links like I have. Anyways back to the build.
This pic I just started geting the front in apart to get ready to try the fitment on the fmic.
I didn't really get it started as it was geting late some I came in. I also am a little worried how close my mainfold is to my rad what do you guys think??
I still need the lower shift cable mount if anyone can sale me one.
There is my uper one.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:35 pm 

I also forgot to say for tmrw. I have training till 7pm Then I plan to hit it hard start mocking up the fmic and all the ic pipes. I am going to put the axles in the tranny tmrw. Just to get it together so I can cross it off the to do list. Man it's geting close I can't wait to take it out for a test drive. I need to drop the tank and change the pump. Do you guys think the stock colt pump can soport a stock boosted 13g? I mean I can drop it but I would rather wait if I could. As I only have a 1gdsm pump and yet to have bought a walbro 255.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:45 pm 

92colt72k said: "I would like to know what side u guy's go off of to have ur pics insted of links"...

Try flickr.com its a clean and for most people's use Free site... you just grab the image URL from a pic you uploaded and throw that between the image tags (2nd to last button... before font size on any post window at 4g61t).

Cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 pm 

So I tryed to start mocking up the FMIC. I am haveing alot of problems first off I don't know what to do with the hot side going from the IC to the turbo. It just looks like it's going to be crappy looking if I try doing it my way. So if u guys could give me any good idea or what u think. Everything looks like it's going to be really tight in front of the turbo as well I didn't know if this is normal. I did use the 1gdsm awd rad. Here are all the pics I took any ideas and help on anything I am doing would be nice. It's always nice to get ideas from people time to time.
pic of the new ic pipe cold side

another pic of the cold side.

cold side

the front of the ic and Where I was going to run the pipe on the hot side.

this is how much room I am working with

hot side

see now much room

with is on the ground

I just don't have any clue like I already said where to run the hot side for sure.

Tyler,
:wall: :help:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:33 pm 

Well after thinking about it and looking at it there are 2 things I am going to do to help my room on the front of the motor. I bought a scirocco radiator like redrum123 has in his very nice looking colt. 2 I am going to by and alt relocation kit and then I can just cut a hole in the core support to run the ic pipe in with anuff room. I am going to have to run my rad fan on the front should not be a big deal. I will have more then anuff room after doing that.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 pm 
The happy administrator

http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27325

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:45 pm 

I didn't see if u seen my ic or not but I am runing a evo 1 ic the outlets are a little different. Also I am not running the honda half radiator. I would like to free more room up front. It just everything looked so close. I guess I am just use to having more room on the talon I guess. I will cut off the other bracket's on my evo 1 ic it would help to make more room to mount it. I will also have to wait for my new rad to get here.

Tyler,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:12 pm 

I did order my rad I hope to see it some time by the end of this week. I did get the IC mocked up. I will try to get some pic's tmrw. I am just tired and ready for bed. I had to cut the crap out of the bumper support to be able to keep it. But other then that not ahole lot got done tonight. I work 8-5 monday to sat. So I don't have a hole lot of free time.

Tyler,

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next