4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 pm 
Some call me a god

Phhhh. I am going to make 400hp at 4psi. And that is no joke. :finga:

2008 is going to finish even better than it started.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:00 am 
Some call me a god

Sorry but to me this is kind of retarded who cares what power you make because it will be 100rpm of usable power...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:38 am 
Some call me a god

I won't be drag racing my colt anytime in the hear future. And I don't drive it very much if at all on the street. I have only put 2500 miles on it in the last year. And I had to daily drive it for three weeks this winter, so that is where those miles came from.

With me converting over to land speed racing over the next few years, it won't really matter how long it takes. I will have all the distance I need to stretch its legs on a long course.

It is all just fun in the end. Bobby and JP will have big and usable power. I just am looking to go 200mph wether it be on pavement or salt. In time, in time.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:56 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
I honestly doubt that without anti-lag he will spool more than 20 lbs till 4th gear. I'm being serious here too. I've seen higher compression honda's struggle to full spool gt42's in 4th gear without some form of anti-lag.

I've been eyeing the HTA gt3582r's...
There is a trick- something this motor is VERY good at..

RPM. :)

Quote:
Sorry but to me this is kind of retarded who cares what power you make because it will be 100rpm of usable power...
People said that about my old Colt..But I still had no issue trapping 150mph at only 30psi.

Why? Because a few 1000rpm under power is ALL YOU NEED. Thing about where int he RPM range your car is when you shift from gear to gear, while your racing...If your red line is at 8k, then you will NEVER drop below 6200 in any above gear. So, a turbo that is at full song at 6k isnt bad, its actually f-in perfect. ;)

Quote:

It is all just fun in the end. Bobby and JP will have big and usable power. I just am looking to go 200mph wether it be on pavement or salt. In time, in time.

Steven
Im telling you right now, FROM EXPERIENCE, a hatchback Colt is NOT the car to take to 200+mph..

You'll have to trust me on this one. Unless your going to chop the top, or crop the roof, it will be nearly impossible to keep stable at speed.

06 C6 Z06- 600whp NA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:37 am 
2nd Banana

Quote:
There is a trick- something this motor is VERY good at..

RPM. :)
I hope you're planning on running a twin-disk and a dog-box if you rev it to the RPM's that you would need to to run a turbo like that. Hehe. Upgrading the valvetrain would also be a solid choice.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:11 am 

Quote:
Say that on the Supra forum and see what happens. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:36 pm 
1595 cc's of fury

I think there is more left in my car, its just the money issue as usual. :rolleyes: I'm curious to see the final result with JP's and Stevens's cars. I completely torn as to what I want to do next with my tin can.

SOLD to the fastest shifting hermaphrodite in CO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:50 pm 
Some call me a god

I remember JP. But the thing is, you were on The Don King National Highway running through the gears. I would never do such a thing.

It would either be a groomed course on the salt or a pavement land speed event. And I would take some aero precautions as well. I know you did, but you have bigger nuts then me. You just threw your helmet on and said lets do it. This would be a lot of thought, if it ever happens.

I saw a 1987 Nissan Stanza knocking down upper 160's on the salt last year on a stock bodied car. As well as a Honda CRX nearing 200mph with nothing more than a sorta rounded aluminum spliter up front. Car was stock otherwise. And I got a good look at the car, as I had to help those olf geezers put their timing belt back on because they couldn't figure it out while they were in impound.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:17 pm 
Some call me a god

I still think it's waste but heh it's your money not mine so best of luck to you guys...I did mean a 100rpms not a 1000rpms...I just don't like when people brag about peak power any joe can make insane peak power but it really says something when you have alot of power and a powerband to go with it...

Davis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:30 pm 
Some call me a god

Just remember, I am building the car for the future. If it doesn't spool it, it will sit until I can get an engine that can. I learned about a year or year and a half ago, that I will never have this biggest weener. I am a small fish in a ocean. I can accept that. I have no desire to put this car on a dyno any time soon. I am looking for MPH, not power or usable power.

There is just no way a 16g is going to pull a AWD or EVO III 5th gear in a fwd tranny. It had a hard enough time doing it with the KM210.

I have just been enjoying a lot of other forms of racing the past two years, and am getting more or less bored with drag racing my own vehicle. My passion will surge again soon with Tara's 2G(weeks away), but land speed racing and road racing has piqued my interest. More so the land speed stuff. It is just a different atmosphere out there. And everyone is/was just awesome at the two events I was invited to.

And the fact like JP said, I am tired of breaking stuff. I want as little amount of time under load as I can get. Or can hope for.

And congrats on the 11's. Sorry about the throttle body. Joe ran 11.4@123-124. So if you can get that thing dialed in, you can make some magic happen.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:41 pm 
Some call me a god

Thanks... But also i'm not just talking drag racing here if you think the 1/4 is hard on a car think of what the mile and salt flats do to the car in every kind of racing you WILL break....It goes hand in hand you build a car to perform over oem specs it will break...

Davis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:01 pm 
Some call me a god

I guess the only thing I have to relate to is the 1G local land speed car. He has a T6 GT4202/GT4508 turbo. It does nothing until just shy of 7000rpm. But it comes on in a hurry, and is over in a hurry. He makes enough with a 1000-1500rpm window to put that car down the road. It was insane how smooth and easy it was for him hit 170mph. Granted he did not have enough room/engine/powerband to do it in a mile, but it would not take more than two once he slid it into fifth gear. But in a less extravigant car, he would have had more time and room(inside of the car) to hit fifth gear.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:45 pm 
Some call me a god

i think its great yall are going out to the salt thing.

next time if any of y'all are out at bonneville speed week this august, look for the guys from Calvert precision engines. they go every year, and they machined my 63 in my colt.

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:34 pm 
Some call me a god

Steven, got any pics of the said 1g land speed car, especially the engine bay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:44 pm 
Some call me a god

No. I never have a camera when I am around. I can snag some in teh next few nights. I already asked Nick if I could post some and he said I could. It is nothing special really. I mean, really. Just a big ol turbo and that is about it.

Steven