4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:37 am 

I went to the event, my first time competing in an event. 1/8 mile local track. The event was for the fastest reaction time and best et. turbo class and stock class. but the computer went down. so they did it the old fashion way. the flagged us heads up, one round elimination. I was advanced really far. I almost took the $500 prize. I started advancing betting cars left and right. now here is the fruit and banana up thing about it. basicaly the two fastest cars that I was worried about, and myself were left in the running. full drag civic and drag crx. . both on huge slicks. these things cut 60fts like you would not believe. I knew to bet them, I had to react faster than them off the line. and let my top end take over at the end. I raced the civic first got hom off the line. but his 60 ft caught me know problem. but I was close enough that when I hit third I blew right passed him at the end bet him by a car and a half I pulled him hard when I finaly got traction. so he was suppost to be eliminated. he got out of the car and said I did not bet him. but the spoters said I pulled him. betting him in the end. I know he fruit and banana up he bogged a little bite in first gear. but my top end had him. he some how convinced them to let him race again so he could fix his mistake. so I advanced why he is arguing his case with the event staff. so next car is the crx, crx is very fast he is the one it shold have came down to. race he fruit and banana up off the line, bad this car can pull between 1.4- 1.6 60fts. they said I jumped. I never jump the line when I was street racing. I did not jump the line I am just a very fast reactor. if I see his hands start to go down I am gone. I bet him by buses because he messed up on the line. but that is what it is all about. back to racing the civic now because he got his way and got to race again. I have know idea why he got to race again he was technicaly eliminated, after he raced me the first time. so I was already nervous about reacting to fast because they said I jumped the crx race. so when I had to race civic again, I wanted to be sure I did not get told that I jumped the start again. so I slowed my self down out of the start. so as you know this cost me to loss. but I took the loss like a man and did not complain. I feel like I can still hold my head up because thes were full trailored drag cars and I drove my little colt to the track. I was running 23/8.5/15 slicks. the car was making so much power I was able to spinn all the way thorugh 3rd gear.car traps 120mph 12.3 in the 1/4 mile at fontana. car felt realy weak at fontana car pulling timing realy hard. but at perris car could not caught traction.I know these cars are fast but in the 1/4 mile they don't stand a chance.

the moral of the story the crx that complained I jumped the start. won it all. this crx was realy fast and I knew the only way i would bet him was to get out on him. but the gave him a second chance allowing him to correct his mistake and take it all in the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:06 am 
2nd Banana

I've been meaning to check out Perris. How is traction down there? I know you said you spun through 3rd so I probably shouldn't even ask that question. Haha. That sucks that their computer went down like that, it would have been interesting to see what kinda times and traps you ran down there.

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:13 am 

actual no I am glad the flagged it street race style that way it gave me a chance to make them fruit and banana up. because I have been street racing for years and never once have I been acused of jumping the start. this is my advantage I have very quick reflexes. but eventualy these two cars would have ran faster times than me in the 1/8 mile. but in the qaurter even with traction issues the could have just handed me the cash. because once I caught traction my top end is sick. as for traction at the track in general. I don't know if it is the track or I am just making to much hp for my slicks. because when I went to fontana it trapped 120. but the car was pulling major timming. could not verify it at the track but when I got home, charged my lap top back up anad took car around the corner. it was knock city. my mistake mixed 91 with a 110/c-c16 mix. basicaly about 3 gallons of 91 and 5 gallons of race gas. this time I ran pure c16 with no 91 in the tank. with 24 degress timing at the top. so anybody you know want to buy my slicks for $200 its time for an upgrade hahaha. you should come down to perris and check it out. don't worry about expire tags etc they are cool they will work with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:03 pm 
CSM Junkie

Way to represent!! Sounds like a good time.. Next time get video!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:55 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

ANd tell someone your going to go next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:50 pm 

Quote:
ANd tell someone your going to go next time.
haven't heard from you in awhile, let me know when I can bring the mirage by to show you.why didn't you tell me it was going to be this damn hard to get traction....maybe we can discuse me paying you to get me some traction... :lol:

well it is on again here is a web site. perris track 1/8mile event on the 18th of this month. what ever you guys do, don't let a honda win again by crying like a baby.

http://www.atlargeracing.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:47 am 
Some call me a god

What kind of times were you running?