4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:43 pm 

Found a guy on Craig's list that is selling a 1.8 sohc motor G37? With the manual 5 speed tranny For $200, He says the motor has 15k on it since the rebuild. I know it's not a big power increase but my motor has 225k on the dial. My questions are, what all would I need to swap this motor tranny in my car. Would I need the ecu that matches this setup? Which rear mount or mounts do I need to buy For this swap to work? What about my axles that I have now? Will they work with the other tranny?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:20 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I looked at that same ad, it just doesnt stand to reason. Hes got no paperwork and told me when I asked him what was replaced he said pistons, connecting rod and crankshaft. He didnt say anything about bearings or honing the block. It just seems suspect, he rebuilds an engine to just pull it and swap to a turbo setup. He also said there was 97,000 miles on the trans which is kinda suspect whether its true that is good but how could an engine need rebuilt at 97k. There are reasons but all these questions I thought about and wanted to share.

I was seriously thinking about it to but it maybe too good to be true. Look into a 4g63 sohc or G4CS these are also drop in and wiring compatible swaps.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:22 pm 

Right, it does sound kinda sketchy. I need to upgrade other things (brakes, wheels and tires, suspension) before I jump into a 4G63 swap. I don't have to have turbo. If i could find a non-turbo swap I'd be pumped up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:24 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I feel you, thats where im at. If I put I big motor in I want it to stop well and handle well. But I found a couple interesting jdm swaps on ebay. A stock 4g63 sohc has like 110hp or something so it wouldnt be a huge initial difference but once its built, dohc swap and turbod it would be a monster.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281568347579?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:08 pm 

Lol, I seen that same one! It's just dreams for now. Just seeing what's available and what works.