Timing belt
Tensioner
Valves
All new gaskets.
Cap
Rotor
Plugs
Wires

A friend an I had it running good all day yesterday! I came home and park it. waited like 10 mins, and went to leave again. It started up, put it in reverse, it back out for like 2 secs and just died. Every since then it wont start? I still have spark, Compression... I dont habe a tester, but putting my hand up to the Cylinder hole with no spark plug in it, and it sounded like it has good compression. I mean it was just running really good. Even beter then it did before the head job.

I got out there to day and pulled the fuel rail off, with all my hoses still hook up. I put the injectors in the fuel rail and turn the car over, It started! But sounded BAD! But at the same time no fuel came out of the injector either? Which i know is not right. Either way i put it all back together with a used ECU i know was good. Just to see if that could be the problem. Nope!!! It still wont start.

Could some body please lend a hand here?

Post subject: Re: 4g15 Problems
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:42 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

If you have spark and compression you are probably lacking fuel, you indicate that the injectors aren't firing, is there even fuel getting to the rail?

You may have a fuel delivery issue as far back as the pump. You can pull the fuel feed off of the fuel rail and put it into a bucket of some sort, turn the car over and see if any fuel comes out.

Did the car maybe run out of gas?

I'm just throwing darts in the dark here..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:03 pm 
CSM Junkie

I have a half tank in the car. I got plentey of gas. I do have gas coming from the feed line when i start it. Still lost?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:18 pm 

Quote:
I have a half tank in the car. I got plentey of gas. I do have gas coming from the feed line when i start it. Still lost?
If your fuel rail is getting gas, there's something causing the injectors not to fire.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:26 pm 
CSM Junkie

Other then a ECU, what could cause it? They were all working just fine, then this. Like i said before i have try other ECU's that i know where good. But nothing.

I let the car sit for a good 6 hours, went to start it and it almost started! Just once though, after that, nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:28 pm 
CSM Junkie

Anything guys??? I really need this car running.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:51 pm 

There is a little gold box behind your radio that controls the fuel injectors but if your pump is turning on then it wouldn't be bad. When you turn the key to on do you hear a clicking sound coming from that area?

Caleb 3/17/12 8 lbs 15 ozs 20 inches

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:53 pm 
CSM Junkie

No clicking from the gold box.

Shouldnt i hear the fuel pump cut on? I have no backseat in the car, and i dont here it cut on?
Is this correct?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:02 pm 
CSM Junkie

Also, i check to see if i am gettin fire. Which i am not anymore. Im lost. I am going to check the fuel pressure tomarrow. But im still lost on the fireing?

Everything is new except the Distributor. Could that be the problem?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:38 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Distributors were notorious for losing spark due to a transistor module inside, going bad and the parts only being available from Mitsu/Dodge.

check the FSM located here for your model and trace the circuits that should have voltage, ground, and the output you can assume would be there if things are operating properly with the first parts confirmed. I traced every wire on my first 4g15 setup 1 month after buying it. Turns out my ECU took a dump and I had no signal to fire the injectors from the ECU, even thought the transistor/module output from the distributor was all there.

Fuel pump only fires on every car from this generation, when the ECU sees the crank angle sensor moving (signal); Ie the key is forward and cranking and continues when the ECU determines the engine is now running.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:55 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Distributors were notorious for losing spark due to a transistor module inside, going bad and the parts only being available from Mitsu/Dodge.

check the FSM located here for your model and trace the circuits that should have voltage, ground, and the output you can assume would be there if things are operating properly with the first parts confirmed. I traced every wire on my first 4g15 setup 1 month after buying it. Turns out my ECU took a dump and I had no signal to fire the injectors from the ECU, even thought the transistor/module output from the distributor was all there.

Fuel pump only fires on every car from this generation, when the ECU sees the crank angle sensor moving (signal); Ie the key is forward and cranking and continues when the ECU determines the engine is now running.

FSM?
My ECU is fine. Is there any way you can discrbe what you are talking about. Im still a newbie.

are you just saying i need a new Distributor?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:12 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
FSM?
My ECU is fine. Is there any way you can discrbe what you are talking about. Im still a newbie. are you just saying i need a new Distributor?
He is saying that the factory service manuals can tell you the procedure for testing the distributer and check it has proper signaling.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:12 am 

I've had a distributor fail on my '92 Summit. It died for no reason while driving then started back up and ran like a champ. Less than 20 miles later it died for good.