4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Front Brakes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:49 pm 

What size are the rotors on the front of a 1.5L hatch?? Also what size are they on the turbo? When I was trying to find turbo caliper, the interchange also gave me the caliper's from a 89 galant? Can this be right, if it is, are the rotors from the galant the same?

p.s. If the calipers are the same, then are the caliper brackets the same as well

Post subject: Re: Front Brakes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:01 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
What size are the rotors on the front of a 1.5L hatch?? Also what size are they on the turbo? When I was trying to find turbo caliper, the interchange also gave me the caliper's from a 89 galant? Can this be right, if it is, are the rotors from the galant the same?

p.s. If the calipers are the same, then are the caliper brackets the same as well
I am not sure about the size of the rotor, but I do know that the last of the 92 built Colts and Summits, the rotors are vented instead of solid in front...also, I have compared the Galant and Summit calipers and they seem identical, just the Galant ones are bigger in places. I used Galant brake pads in my Summit calipers, but they needed a bit of grinding (along the top of the pad, where it hits the caliper. They were a shave too big, almost enough to wedge them in though.) I am basing my knowledge on comparasin of Galant to Summit 1.5, so perhaps the GT turbo caliper is the same as the Galant one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:38 am 
CSM Expert

Wedge:

Front Brakes on the non turbo hatch are 234mm turbos are 266mm and yes Galant calipers are the same and yes I'm almost sure galant calipers brackets are the same.