4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:39 pm 

I'm tossing around the idea of buying a new set of compmotive th1370 turbo style wheels.

It looks like the largest offset I can get is +32. I'm going to find out if they will can do them in 15x7 +325.

Anyone have any idea if the offset is too low to fit on a 87 hatch? I don't have it in a spot that I can go pull the wheels off and check at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:50 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

It depends on the actual width of the wheel as far as the offset goes, 32 is a little low, anything from 35+ is a safe zone and I thin 35 is pushing it a bit. Someone else can chime in on this as well.

ALSO do not forget that you need spacers to clear the bolt on the captive brake set up on the front of the car when switching wheels from factory. There aren't many wheels out there that will clear those bolts. If you swapped the brakes for a non-captive set up then you're alright and 32 offset is pushing it.

Once the spacers are on the offset game is changed. Mine are 35 offset if I recall and with spacers they line just up with the fenders. You'll be safe with 32 offset on the front, but the rear wheels will be in way more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:00 pm 

Thanks for the reply. I've been looking at a few different wheels. I really dont know what I wanna go with, but I thikn the turbo style might look good. Also eyeballing ronal r10, but finding a set might be difficult as they no longer have a american distributor.

I might play with some of the rwd wheels I have laying around just to gt an idea of what im looking at. If it's anything like the cordia, I can fit a 14x6+15 watanabe rs8 on the back, but the front is a bit out there Probably gonna have to stager them now that I thikn about it or just do it with spacers..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:48 am 

The sad part is that those wheels probably will fit on the back no problem. The front will be the problem and personally I couldn't stand mismatched wheels or going through the trouble of trying to find the right ones to stagger a bit. Post some pics of what you find out. I would be interested

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:25 am 

You mean like this? The back wasnt bad, but the front was prettty bad.

Same day I was seeing if they would fit on my minicab lol.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm 

Haha, yes like that! Mine with spacers in the front barely are tucked inside the fender lip. The back I would still worry about the wheel rubbing with suspension travel though after seeing it on the car like that. If the quarter panel was literally vertical and not shaping inwards there would be no worry, but its not.