4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:33 pm 
Some call me a god

I havent seen a c-10 colt on the road in a long time now, not even my own!! I was looking thru old pictures of my cars, and saw my first colt, a black 89 turbo hatch. Back then when I was looking to buy it, I had seen three black hatches on the local market. Stupi d kid I was then, I scrapped it in '97. Havent seen a black hatch in over ten years now,roughly.

So any of these still rolling out there? My c10 sedan still sits in my garage awaiting for me to 4g63 it. I miss the hatch. Funny as I have owned 7 hatches at one point (all colors), and two c50's (all turbo)and one 87 colt vista van/wagon. Two years ago finally traded my c50 for a laser donor car, then sold it due to no time for cars.

Hopefully next year the colt will hit the streets.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:25 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Can't say I have seen many in person since your time on the site. Now I know when your Colt C53a went, was wondering what happened to it.

There was a Guy in California but the I believe the fires swepth through his neighborhood and totally a lot of stuff. I think he had twin C10's or maybe it was that older style even, but still twin stick. Was the pre-C10 turbo a twin stick or was the only turbo option starting with the C10 ... I can't remember now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:48 pm 
Some call me a god

I believe the twin stick was offered up till 84, the 85-85 c-10, turbo and na, had 5spd trannies w/ cable clutch, the 87-89 years had 5spd hydro clutches. I only once ever seen an automatic turbo in an-87 sedan, it had everything in it, pw windows, locks, a/c and automatic 3spd tranny, I almost bought it, but couldnt get my head around owning an automatic. Looking back, I should have. Maybe it was an american car. Badged Eagle vista premier lx.
pre-c10 were g32b powered as well, those were the gts models I believe. Gregd member could tell you for sure, not sure he is still on here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:05 pm 
Some call me a god

You should have picked up that auto. Ive never seen an auto car nor any with power options. As far as eagle vista's, they where only sold in Canada. That what my car is, vista lx sedan.

I'm currently trying to keep my g32b running. I'm doing an mpi swap as we speak. Hopefully within a week I'll have a good update.

Anyhow good the hear of some action happening in the 2nd gen side.

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:08 pm 
Some call me a god

j2dapo, how do you like your subby? I like mine, I should spent the extra money and bought a turbo legacy instead of my 03 outback. Might be buying a 04-05 forester xt next year for the wife to replace her mazda protege5 (piece of sh it5).

Once I have time &money to spend on the colt, I will be back on here more often. For now, Im still renovating the house, thousand$$$ at a time, this year should be the last of the big jobs to be done here on this house.

Its unreal how many spare parts I still have for a car I dont drive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:37 am 
Some call me a god

Impreza is a pretty solid car. Obviously great in the winter, but also pretty reliable. I've only ever changed the oil andair filter. It's getting older now and will need more maintainance.

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP