4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: excel???
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:25 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

so how close are these 2 cars. i know that the hyundai excel was basicly a c-10 till like 93-94, iv seen a lot of them at the junker and they look the same. well i seen a 93 the other day that looked like a c50 from the front, and a c10 from the rear. its all in the front end, i really liked the front bumper, head llights, hood. can i convert, if so it would offer me the abilety to easy mount a bigger rad with a lower profile. i know i would need the finders, hood, rad support, bumper, and so on. is it worth it. what do all you guys think. never seen this topic befor and am just wondering? one other poss option, when looking at parts for a 90s excel i found that the shocks are the same as a 1st gen tiburon, and they look the same as whats on a c-10, i even found some coil overs for it. so food for thought, just to get a little chatter going.

Post subject: Re: excel???
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:48 am 

1st gen tibby, and 2nd gen tibby use the same suspension also. i used to own a 2000 tibby myself.

i actually mounted a excel rear bumper on my 88 colt hatch. just cause after 4 years of searching, ive still havent found a single one of these cars to get parts off of. the basic shape fit pretty well. but im not gonna run it. can will continue to sit until i can find a car in a junkyard to rape for parts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:56 pm 

bro,,,, really you still havnt found a bumper. that sucks sooooo bad. well good luck on that, also how about the front shape, it kinda seems like the core support is a little better, and as i said befor i kinda like the light set up. if i could find the parts miragest has i wouldnt even think about it, or even stock turbo lip and bumper. its all good. thanks for the info on the springs, that will come in handy, oh and what about the coil over kit, will it work also????

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:56 pm 

http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30854

Directing you over to my post of information. It should help a bit. The Tiburon is actually almost a whole different platform of car from the Scoupe/Excel. Shocklingly it seems that the closer in platform is the Hyundai Accent because that's what replaced the Excel. I haven't started researching similarities with the Accent, but soon will now that my brain's picked.

Where the C10 style Colt is similar, the schematics for the platform were used and built by Hyundai to make the Excel, Scoupe, and the badge engineered Mitsubishi Precis. There are minor differences here and there.