4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:48 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I have 3 of these cars and about to have a 4th one. Im looking to find out what will go into the ol 84 Colt without doing anything with the trans. I like the 8speed trans and just want to add some HP to her. I hear its good to get rid of the jet valves. I will be adding a BOV and an intercooler without a question.
1.So what other engine (bigger) that i can throw in?

2.What turbo can I upgrade to?

3.any intake upgrades?

4. Exhaust mani upgrades?

Remember Im not hacking the car up and putting a AWD set up in it.............but that would be cool, lol

Any help out there would be great. I have a date with a Mustang GT when the track opens (Great Lakes Drag strip in Wi) in the spring. I can beat the car now but he is modding the Mustang as we speak. Time for mine to have an upgarde anyways

thanks all!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:59 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

1st off welcome to the board. I really like the 84 body myself, I don't care much for the 8 speed but the body is kicken. As for a motor I know that my g32bt will bolt up to a dsm tranny, therfor so will yours, and that means a 4g63 will bolt up to your tranny, well maybe. If so I wouldn't want to push to much power through it. Can't imagen that tranny will handle it. You may be better off building your motor. Watch out though, there is 0 after market help. If you want something, you got to do it yourself. Look into a mpi swap. There has been one I know of that was finished. The guy used a sheet metel intake manny and stand alone ecu. There is another guy in the middle of his swap now. Just keep reading these pages, your bound to find what your looking for. Well good luck, and please put in your location in your profile. Thanks, Benjamin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:36 pm 
Restricted Newbie

anyone???????????????????????????????????????????????????

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:17 pm 

where in Wis are you? im right on the il/wis border.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:57 am 
Restricted Newbie

im about an hour and 30 min north of you.

near beaver dam, wi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:01 pm 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

1.) 4g63/4g63 turbo(90-94 eclipse, galant), g37b(non-turbo1.8 eclipse), 4g61t (mirage turbo), 4g61,4g67 (elantra,n/t 1.6 colts, n/t 1.6summits, and n/t 1.6mirages).
note all 4g6x engines fit the same way if you use the respective wiring and fuel pump. 4g63t's have been installed a few times on this board.
2.) You have a mitsu flanged exhaust manifold, so you can upgrade to just about any respective mitsu turbo.
If you have a circular 3 bolt flange(which is most likely what you have), you can use any turbo meant for a 3000gtvr4 (ie; 13g 15g).

If you have a rectangle 4 bolt flange you can use any turbo that can fit on an 89-99 DSM or 89 colt turbo. (ie;11b,14b,16g..etc)
3.)port and polish and make piping all the same size
4.)port and polish, have a nice exhaust

AWD hasn't been swapped into your version of colt yet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:49 pm 

ill be putting my 88 colt turbo up for sale in a bit if your interested at all. since your the only local i know of, figured id give you a heads up. has a small front mount intercooler, all hard intercooler pipes, dual stage turbo XS boost controller, tons of spare parts, extra head, MPI intake manifold, bucket of spare turbos, spare turbo mani, think i even have a spare trans somewhere. want $500 for it all. needs bumpers, and some work. but the aftermarket parts are worth the asking price alone. car does run and drive.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:41 am 
Restricted Newbie

guess i havent been on here in awhile

jeff
USMC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:01 pm 

^ Does this mean your still working on it? Still own it or looking to modify it?

Let us know so I can post up some info for ya.

1984 Maserati Biturbo 2.5TT
1980 Turbo Trans Am
1976 Trans Am 455

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:20 pm 
Restricted Newbie

One of my cars is down in Illinois getting the engine rebuilt by a Neon Turbo guru. Im still questioning the turbo upgrade.......what I should put in it. I plan on adding the intercooler and a bov to pump up the boost a tad. Remember this car is a 1.6 with a TC04904 turbo NO intercooler, NO bov. so she is limited when stock.

I have 3 of them.........and working on #4 and #5. Theres another guy in VA that has 2 of them, one white and a loooow mileage red one. I hope to get ALL of the 84 GTS owners together when all mine are finished.

all help out there would be great. anyone know of some good Intercooler piping?

jeff
USMC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:03 am 

intercooler piping is universal. i made mine up from a universal kit when i did mine.

where in IL is your motor being worked on? we have a ton of turbo neons's here in rockford. the highest HP SOHC is actually here also. and is owned by my friend adam wasson. he's making over 500hp out of the sohc neon motor. its insane.