4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:44 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

well since i now know how to put the pictures up maybe ill do it more. well here is my motor all nice and clean and rebuilt. its 100%stock. i figure its still a lot of power for a small car,(oh and my budgetgot smaller by the second)
i also did a little porting on the head, really just smothed out the cast marks and polished it up.
well thats where i am, i am going to start working on mounts coming here in the next day, and i will start wiring it all up by this week end. if all goes well i could be driving next week. thanks for all the help, and im still looking for a pin out of the ecu from the g32bt, it is a 86, if someone has it, please help.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:15 pm 
CSM Junkie

suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remove the balance shafts,,,, no need them plus is less rotational weight, about 10 to 13 punds,,,,, ebay sell the kit for about 30 bucks

its looking good good luck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:11 am 

more new pics, not much though. iv got the wiring in, mostly figured out. picked up my mounts today so now im going to get the motor in, and finish up the wiring. im still in need of a trany, im hopen mid next week. i also got my maft and gm 3" maf, so it shouldnt be much longer. thanks to all, Benjamin
flat black cuz i really think i will be going flat black on the car. i may do red but even then the bay will look good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:16 am 
Some call me a god

Now I see what you mean about the wiring. Staying tuned for the final result!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:32 pm 
CSM Junkie

#1 congrats on 200 post's

#2 the build looks awesome

#3 call me man havent talked to you in a while and im curious if you still have that trans and feel like shipping it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:01 am 

ya i still have it, i do feel like shipping it, and ya man i will call some time sat ok. thanks for the congrats, i now spend to much time under the hood..... what a mile stone. thanks again bro, Benjamin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 am 

its in!!!!! ok so after like 4 mounts, and 3 fails iv got the right combo.. its 94 1.8 elantra timing side, rear w/bracket, and the stock 4g15 mount. i dont know why it didnt work last time i used the 4g15 mount, i have an idea, but this time when put together all the wayits just right. so tomorrow i finish, electrical, plumbing (well lets say start), and exauhst. i also may have found a trany for 100$ right here in town. so im hoping that will go through. any way here are some new pics, enjoy.
thanks to all that have helped me along the way. still a ways to go but i think the hard part my be behind me.thanks again, Benjamin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:10 pm 
CSM Junkie

benjamin, i forgot to tell you,, you need to remove the shifter part from the g32b tranny and weld it to the eclipse tranny,, another option is extend the shifter cable with a turnbuckel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:17 am 

ya iv been looking at it, im going to be welding the other one on. thanks. iv got a honda alumium rad, and thats in now, iv also got my cold side piping done. should have my hot side done today and maybe my exhaust. i did get the transmission but havnt put that in yet, maybe today. other than that im waiting on a turbo from 89mirageman, and i need an alternator. does anyone know if any of the hyundie alternators will work i cant afford a new one at the moment and i have a 40 credit at the junk yard so if it will get me by i can start this thing by the week end. anyway, thanks for looking.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:54 pm 
Some call me a god

you can use a hyundia alt, as long as its out of a DOHC engine. I'm using one.

If the shifter needs to be extended you may want to try a 4g CSM shifter assembly. I used on with the stock km206 and had to shorten the cable instead of lengthening it. Or you can simple drill a whole and use a bolt on the longer DSM tranny leaver. Search this stuff has been answered before.

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:20 pm 

i semply cut the welds on the dsm leaver till i was able to pull it off. i cut the lever off the old tranny cleand it up a bit, checked my messurments from the cable bracket to the leaver, and welded it in place. it now has the same leaver set up as the g32b tranny so the cables will work the same. it really didnt take that much time at all, id say i spent all of an hour doing this, and if you ask me sems as though it is the right way to do it. iv seen post of the turnbuckle and though it works, i figure why not do it right.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:52 pm 
CSM Junkie

Congrats ,,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:03 pm 

congrats, ya right i should be done already. i need more hours in the day... my wife is working more cuz im not, so im here with the kids all day. i cant get anything done. iv got new axles on there way, got a guy willing to mod my ic for me. got the pipe i need to fab a ho side. got a tranny waiting to go in. i just dont have enough un interupted time. and im not even working. its making me nuts..........

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:32 pm 
CSM Junkie

how is everything going with the project????

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:54 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
its in!!!!! ok so after like 4 mounts, and 3 fails iv got the right combo.. its 94 1.8 elantra timing side, rear w/bracket, and the stock 4g15 mount. i dont know why it didnt work last time i used the 4g15 mount, i have an idea, but this time when put together all the wayits just right. so tomorrow i finish, electrical, plumbing (well lets say start), and exauhst. i also may have found a trany for 100$ right here in town. so im hoping that will go through. any way here are some new pics, enjoy.
Wow... I'm really confused now. Can you put it into shopping list format, like so:

1) 1994 4G67 1.8L Elantra Timing Mount
etc...

Sorry, it's just not 100% clear!