4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:53 pm 
CSM Junkie

do the axels fit the trans

and yea thats about the only option unless you get the cross bar with the mounts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:13 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

I don't even know if they fit, I hope so, the tranny came out of an 87 with a g32bt in it, and my hatch is an 87, so wouldn't they have the same axles, I mean what else did they put in the turbo models, I thought they were the same minuse the motor and transmission. Well I don't know and we got called in all weekend and next 2 weekends after this so I may never get this thing done. I am talking to a guy that has a shop here in town, he posts on here as trevtech, I may just have him finish the drive trane for me, maybe do a 4g63 swap. I just don't have time anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:37 am 

Well what's going on here. has everyone up and split? Ok so I still havnt had a day off so no, I'm still not done putting things back together. I did however get sick of not having a car, so....... I went out and got a daly, picked myself up an 03 gti. Let me just say that this car is fun. Lots of fun. So with that said, things with the colt just turnd a new direction. I am going to build it into an all out race car. Once I have time, I am building a full cage, I will likely run a fule cell, I will be doing the mpi conversion, but probably not ever do the 2 lt swap. Well that's about it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:34 pm 
CSM Junkie

im still here just didnt want to post cause i am slacking so hard on putting my car back together
congrats on the VW thats where my heart and soul lies in the car world

what ever happed to that 86 g32b you were going to sell me?
cause i still need it but if you got rid of it thats fine to late to worry now

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:19 pm 

im still checking up at least a few times a week. just havent had anything to post about. still on the hunt for replacement body panels.... :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:59 pm 

Junk yard, get on it, as for the tranny I have for you its in mt garage. Its yours if you want it. Only has 32k on it. In great shape. xxx what do you need. I have a front bumper that you can have if you need it. I am going to strip the colt down, start working on stich welding some important spots, put in a full cage, beef up the suspension, and going full rally with it. Oh ya, pikes peak, hear I come.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:37 pm 

ok so all didnt go well with the gti, i took it back to the dealer. and well i just got laid off. sooooo, time, money, its what i have. to start i need to get this thing done but am going with a mpi swap, building a new exhaust many to fit a dsm turbo, and down pipe, and run a external waste gate. i need help with mega squrt... i just cant get my brain to understand ecu's.they have a pre set kit for the g37, it will work on my 32 but only if i use the 37's dizzy, or i can go trigger coil pack, and drop the dizzy all together... so, help some one. what should i do, who knows how to program mega squrt..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:06 am 

Ok one of these days I will make up my mind, well that may happen tomorrow morning. I'm going to check out a 4g63t, it has everything, motor, tranny, ecu, uncut harness, everything. Well the motor needs rebuilt. Well if I can get it the morning I am. And if so I'm starting a whole new thread. With pics and all. So I hope the next time I sighn on I will be doing a twin cam 2lt swap. Wish me luck...