4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: my build, act 2.......
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:46 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

So the hatch is home, and the onlything I really got done so far is the seats. So, this week I will be stripping the sedan, I have to take the steering rack because the hatch doesn't have power steering. I am basicly taking everything out of the sedans engen bay, then do the same to the hatch, when the bay is clean I will go ahead and paint it. So as much as I am back and forth with it, I think keeping the 1.6 lt instead of putting the 2 lt in it. With that I am back on the serch for a ecu, so how about a eprom ecu, with the crank trigger, and dsm link. Who thinks it would work. I have no idea but if it will let me know. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:38 am 
Some call me a god

i have a 61t ecu eprom if you're interested. its in the for sale section

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:12 am 

Can you post some pics of your progress? Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:26 am 

I will try and start posting pics this week, for now, question about power steering. Who hass is, who took it off, who wishes they had it. I have all the stuff on the sedan but the hatch is without. Shoud I move it over. I have had a few people that its just another pully for my motor to have to turn. Thanks for any help on this one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:13 am 

Ok, no thoughts on power steering. Really! Need to know by Saturday, the sedan is gone then. I have all the wireing out, I was going to only take the engine harness but some stuff goes to both so I think its going to be easyest to move all of it. The engine comes out tonight, then its gone. I will be taking a lot of pics when it gets into the garage and I start working. Any way if some one can answer the power steering question that would be great. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:29 pm 
Some call me a god

It should just swap over and is pretty easy to do with the engine out, but you should get an alignment just in case if you go ahead withit.

As far as choice it's up to you. Did you drive the hatch without it? Not all 2 gen turbo CSMs had it from the factory, unless you not planning on paralle parking too much then forget about, i like it.

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:00 pm 

Well I did drive the hatch without it, and to tell the truth, it almost felt easyer to drive than my truck. The steering felt really tight, minemal play. That was nice. So if the colt spends some time on a track or auto cross without would still be good, I think. Well I will leave it off then probably better than having one more thing be wrong. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:07 pm 
Some call me a god

I have it and love it. Sure made a mess when the powersteering line blew up though. I would keep it the way it is, saves some messing around and looks cleaner.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:31 pm 
Some call me a god

Having had both hatch and sedans, i prefer the non power steering. Much better feel for the road. I didnt find the colt that hard to steer with parallel parking situations as compared to my dad's 95 tercel with no power steering.
Personal preferance as the other member said. Also one less thing for the engine to turn.
If power steering goes, then you will curse having power steering!

Good luck on your choice.

Charles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:00 am 

Ya thanks that's where I am, no power steering for me. Thanks I will try to post pics tomorrow, I start taring the hatch apart, so I want to step by step it. Thanks to all those that help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:52 am 

I DID IT. Oh ya y'all, it is good, I drove it around the block last night at mid night when I put the final touches on it. So list of problems, there is a oil leak, poss water leak coming from the turbo, I would love to put the intake tube that came on it back on, but that was one part I never had, also I think the maf may be bad, its running rich as hell. So if anyone has parts to spare I would love to pick them up. I will pay however and also pay for next day shipping. Any help now would be more than helpful, thanks everyone, I never would have made it this far without your help. Oh, and the 2 and a half inch, strate through exhaust, with a magnaflow glass pack mufler........SOUNDS SO BAD ASS..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:48 am 
Some call me a god

Nice work. I have an intake snokel well half of it. The top half if you need. I may also have a hacked air can. But no spare maf. Read the diagnostic codes to be sure it's your maf.

I think I have some of the mounts for an 88 turbo car.

Make a list of the parts you need and Just pay for shipping, but from me you'll never get anything over night it'll be at least a week.

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:51 pm 
CSM Junkie

hell yea i might go start wiring my car tonight

congrats man button it up and go beat on it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:48 am 

Oh I plan to, maybe this weekend if I get it off, but besides that, junk yard, get that thing done, I tell you last night was one of the best moments I have had in a whial. So j2dapo, I would love the mounts, I know I pulled them off the sedan but they are gone now, the maf is fine, just some vac leaks, good now, as for the snorkal I will make one out of pipe I think. I still need to find a tranny and I really want a stock 87 or 88 but we will see. Thanks to all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:17 am 

Ok, got my new transmission last night, and well after going through it, and compairing it to the old one, I found that other than just having a 5 speed gear box made for the g32bt, it will not help my situation. I don't know it all the mounts are just that much differant or if the crossbar is that much off, but none of the mounts are still going to line up. I am going to have to cut and weld up some new mounts. I really didn't want to go this route but I don't see another option. If anyone knows something I'm not thinking of, plase help, soon, cuz come tomorrow I am building new mounts and working to finally finish this beast.