4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: new direction.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:22 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Ok so right now I am on hold. Well I put myself on hold for the next few weeks. I have a test coming up with my union to change my clasifacation. If I pass the test it will give me like a 12.00 an hour raise. Well the test is in 2 weeks and I have decided not to do anything to the car till I pass it. I will spend the time studying my ass off. So what I will be doing when I pass it is, I am useing all of my raise each week to finish the car, like 300+ a week, I want to put the org buper back on, I am converting to 87 lights and fenders so I need fenders, and the peaces that go under the head lights. I also need the side indecators, well maybe I will not use them. Any way I would like to get all these peaces asap so if any one knows where I can get them or has them let me know. I will also be following in junk yards foot steps. I want my mpi swap done. I will eather do as he is or go ms. So if any one has ms the 32bt then let me know. Oh I will need the 37 intake many, thermostat housing, fuel rail, ect. So that's about it. I won't be checking in to much but when I finish the test it will be on. Thanks every one, Benjamin.

Post subject: Re: new direction.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:55 pm 
CSM Junkie

good luck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:06 pm 

Yeah, study hard for your test! Pass it first and play with the car later. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:04 pm 

I did it. Oh ya oh ya, I passed, its on. So there is good news, I passed that test and now, with that said, and a extra 400 a week, it is sooooo on. Now, does any one have any extra fenders, I need both, looking for 87+ cuz I am doing a conversion to the 87 front. I have the lights and a grill but the grill is in poor shape. I also need the peaces that go under the lights. Last thing is, my junk yard here wants over 150 for the intake, tb, fuel rail, plus everything else that goes with it so if someone can get it cheaper let me know. Oh and that's for the 4g37. Only thing after that will be a ecu, what about the ecu for the 37, can it be retuned for the 32bt? Its time to finish this beast so any help would be sweet. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:16 pm 
Congrats!!! Get that shit going :partyman:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:54 pm 
Some call me a god

I can get you those parts if your in a bind, but you really should be looking at another ecu.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:52 pm 

Ya I have been looking. Problem is, I am not the most versed when it comes to ecu's. I am to the point I understand them but that's about all. So I need more, there is a mega squrt kit for the 4g37, that's why I asked about the 37 befor. If it will work with little as can be tuning, then I will just get that. Another thing, is there a ground contral kit that will work on our chases. again thanks to all

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:28 pm 

So I am still in need of parts. Need both fenders, and a grill. Anyone out there that can help. Let me know, looking for 87.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:27 pm 

Ok I have all parts from the air box to the manny, - the maf from the 4g37 on its way. I still need a pc. A also need, a 10 gl fuel cell, fuel line, pump, and reg, for the fuel system. I think I will build the bottom end so any one know of some decent pistons I cam use, or are the stock ones good. I will be getting them coated, so that will help. Other than that I need a ecu, help help help. What should I use.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:34 pm 
CSM Junkie

im all for electromotive

you dont need the MAFT if you use that

there are zero aftermarket forged stock pistons
you have to have them made by someone like JE pistons, Jan's pistons, or Wiesco
all expensive

web cams did make a cam for someone on the board but i dont know if they still have the specs