4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:13 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

check this out. there is a guy here in vegas that has a 4g63t, compleat, with the tranny, ecu, drive shafts, rear end. hell everything i need out of a 91 tallon. and better yet. he only wants 450 for it. now if only i could come up with that money. you know that feeling you get when you find a deal that is just to good to be true, yet it is, and your dumb ass blew every extra dime you have to spend for the next month..... ahhhhhhh!!!! this could make me nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:24 pm 
Some call me a god

Talk him into holding it for you. Tell him you'll give him a little extra for holding it. Works for me often. If not then another set-up will come along.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:31 pm 

ya i am sure. was thinking about going and gambling my pay check to try and win the money but i am so unlucky i wont be able to pay my rent, hahaha.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:34 pm 
CSM Junkie

LMAO that would be awsome to AWD a 86 if you were closer i would help

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:22 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Quote:
ya i am sure. was thinking about going and gambling my pay check to try and win the money but i am so unlucky i wont be able to pay my rent, hahaha.
Only in Las Vegas. There is always over a 51 percent chance you'll lose, Only in vegas :( . Don't go homeless over a dsm. They are hard to sleep in anyways, and they are so anti-chick.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:08 am 
CSM Junkie

you obviously dont have the funds to do such a swap. buying the initial hard parts id just a drop in the bucket to everything that would be needed to make it run awd.

that car is very difficult fwd swap project. and awd????
be realistic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:34 pm 

Quote:
be realistic
oh i am, and funds, hell if i pulled my head out of my ass i could pay to have it done inside of 2 months. i just dont really know if i even want the 2g any more and i really want to do the swap myself. the more 3g awd swaps i see the more i want one. they are sooo sweet. any way i have to have a project right, or else my head would be even farther up my ass. as for gambling, hell no, my ex lost my house, car, bike, and about everything else i ever loved. talk about a bad country song, she gambled up like 85k in like 8 months, then split. i am a I.B.E.W. LU #357 member here in vegas, we are very well paid. i am just dumb thats all. any way every one here rocks, thanks to all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 pm 
CSM Junkie

85k in 8 moths????? holly shit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:52 pm 
CSM Junkie

thats a dumb bissatch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:30 am 
CSM Junkie

Tell her to call 1800 admit-it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:37 am 
CSM Junkie

Hey bro

The AWD swap can be done on a C10 but the fabrication that has to be done in oder to fit the syst is massive,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:11 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
you obviously dont have the funds to do such a swap. buying the initial hard parts id just a drop in the bucket to everything that would be needed to make it run awd.

be realistic
Yet another topic you have made crass out of hand comments on. Very rude and assuming to comment on another member's financial status. Very rude and assuming to comment on the difficulty of the swap in the manner which you did. If he has the tools and acquires the basic swap parts needed then the rest will fall into place in time.

Quit being so negative, it is not helpful in the least.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:40 pm 

thanks to all for your comments. I do love this car so, but what head aches. i beleave at this time the best thing for me to do is finish up where i am, get the head rebuilt, and get it on the road. after that i think i will work on putting together a ecu for it and make it mpi. that will give me what i want on this car. i decided that the way the econamy is now, hell you can pick up a 01-05 wrx for around 15-20k, or even a evo 8 or 9 for around 20k. if i want awd, that would be the smartest way. these guys do it in the 3g hatch, now thats sweet, but in the c-10, sedan no less, seems like the cost just is not worth it. i already no i will never see what i put into it, so getting it up to 10 grand worth of build, well lets just say, it just doesnt seem very smart. any way, i am finding i have less and less time to do any work any more so the quicker i can get it on the street the better.