4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:15 pm 
Some call me a god

How are you testing the injectors? Are you holding the rail while the ignition is on and the pump is running?

If your are turning over the engine while holding the injectors and rail and they are only dripping then yes you have flow issues which is supported by your dry return line which should definitely be wet. I agree that the filter could be the culprit. If it is cheap then I would simply replace it. I do not know of a great way to test for a clogged fuel filter other than to check your fuel pressure or flow at the rail.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:07 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

ok i replaced the filter, and still nothing. still only a drip. i should be cheaking the pressure but have no way of doing so. i really think at this time it is the pump i got, i dont think that both injectors would be having the same problem, and that there would be no return. so there we have still looking for a high pressure pump. the system needs at least 36 psi to work, so i was thinking a 45 psi, high flow pump, regulated, would do the trick.....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:32 pm 
CSM Junkie

good idea walboro 255 would do nice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:19 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
ok i replaced the filter, and still nothing. still only a drip. i should be cheaking the pressure but have no way of doing so. i really think at this time it is the pump i got, i dont think that both injectors would be having the same problem, and that there would be no return. so there we have still looking for a high pressure pump. the system needs at least 36 psi to work, so i was thinking a 45 psi, high flow pump, regulated, would do the trick.....
If you're turbocharging it, you need better than a 45 psi pump. If base is 43 psi, and you add 25 psi of boost, the regulator will push it up to 67 psi. You don't want to mess around with a substandard pump.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:20 pm 

its a factory turbo engine, the base is 36 psi. 45 psi would be quite an upgrade. any way, the pump is fine. i was rethinking the situation, i had only dumped about 1 gl gass in it and the way the tank was sitting on the floor, well i guess it just couldnt pick up enough to keep the psi up, so i added another 1 and a half gl and BINGO!!!!!! it starts right up and RUNS!!!! oh ya i did it. my first time putting a motor back together and it worked. and get this the timeing is almost spot on. it idles so smooth. i have new problems now though but i will start a new thread for them... thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:03 am 
Some call me a god

Just to clarify, as the boost pressure increases so does the fuel pressure at a 1:1 ratio. If you have mods and are running an increased amount of boost then you will be tasking a "45psi" pump with only 9 pounds of boost. When upgrading your fuel system it is wise to go ahead and shoot past your mark. This is especially true since most high performance pumps are only slightly more expensive than their lesser counter-parts.

But good job!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:52 pm 

ya i got you on that, most pumps i have been looking at are rated for up to 100 psi is all. i still need a pump and fuel cell but at least i now have the ability to test, and fix the things that are not working right.