4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:33 am 

After reading the thread about posting wtb, I guess this is the correct forum lol.

Anyhow, I need the following parts off a turbo 1986 or compatible

turbo harness for a 86 or compatible mirage.
ECU
Turbo distributor
Ignitor

I just stumped across a turbo one. the only other one I have ever seen in a jyard. The last one was 4 years ago. Some piece of shit cut the ecu off the harness instead of unplugging it. They also cut the ignitor and dizzy out. I wanna kill them. I can pull parts for people if they will pay. it has all the lower turbo aero still. one very nice passenger side black seat. It's mostly complete. No spoiler.

While I am not putting this turbo stuff in a mirage, it is going in another 4g32 powered vehicle. My 1978 Lancer coupe aka dodge colt coupe. Some oldr pictures of it. I picked up a set of watanabe rs-8's a while back for it and it has a brand new weber 32/36 dfev carb. I just like fuel injection and turbo much better.

After seeing the one in the junkyard today, I want to own one. I think maybe next year :) This year I plan on importing a 83 lancer ex 1800 or 2000 turbo and find some property.

----------------------
1974 dodge colt "galant coupe gt: 2.6 turbo
1978 dodge colt "lancer coupe" 4g32 4 speed weber
1981 Dodge challenger "Galant Lambda: 2.6 turbo ic, 19cturbo 3inch slammed and loud
1990 mitsubishi Terror Van 4g64 dohc 11:1 conversion in progress
Founder of http://www.nwstarquest.com northwest starion conquest club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:18 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

nice looking 78!

get some pics of that 86 u can get parts off of. obviousely our cars are a pain to get parts for. and im always on the hunt for body parts. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:33 am 

I'll try grabbing some today when I head out there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:30 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

any luck? :supz:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:09 pm 
CSM Junkie

a 4G63Twill fit there very nice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:48 pm 
Some call me a god

I've seen one of those with a 318 in it, LOL. A 2L would be nice in that too :twisted: .

I can also offer to get you parts if your in a bind, most of the 2 gen colts we see around here are 88's though, with the dual stage injector setup like the later starquests.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:24 pm 
CSM Junkie

to bad a 4g37 manifold's tb faces the fire wall that would be cool

but i have a complete 4g32 harness ecu injectors everything let me know

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:58 pm 

Sorry I havent been able to get back out there yet. I should make it back out tomorrow.

As far as harness and injection goes. I know nothing about these other than they look identical to starion setups.

8 starion uses the alternating injection just like these colts tend to do. In 87 they went to a sequential with a primary and secondary. I think the throttle body may even be the same.
I assume the sensors on the tb are slightly different on the 88?

What size injectors do the 88 style use? Do you know the letter? .

Id be interested in the 88 setup assuming you have most everything to run it. harness inejctors tb if it is different than a starion. I also need a stock turbo and a ovcp.

As for other engines. yeah I could easily go with the twin cam 63 turbo in my garage or the g54b turbo, but I have a 2.6 turbo in my 74 which is 600lbs heavier and it's quite awesome to drive, but I like the idea of this rare setup on the ol 32 engine. I've yet to see one with a 32 turbo.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:34 pm 
Some call me a god

If you have access to a starion harness I would just use that. Starion maf/injectors/ecu are plug and play into colts. The distributors would be different though. (the colts have the same vac advance/retard the starquest use but the head is different enough for it not to work).

IMO you may be able to use an 85/86 harness with a 87/88 maf/ecu/injectors. 2 gen colts are pretty much the same as the starions in terms of the TBI and ECI.

The sequential set up on 87/88 colts use the same black injector as the starion, (1000 cc?) but a brown 400 cc unit. I have extras of these - conditions are unknown.

You could also try a cordia turbo setup. Search the site for more ideas.

Crap there where two low mile 88 turbo cars at my Pick N Pull last month and all I was able to get before they crushed where the axles, you can never have enough spare axles! :partyman:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:51 pm 
CSM Junkie

i have everything you need and 2 of most except the harness
let me know if you want the stuff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:31 am 

Quote:
If you have access to a starion harness I would just use that. Starion maf/injectors/ecu are plug and play into colts. The distributors would be different though. (the colts have the same vac advance/retard the starquest use but the head is different enough for it not to work).

IMO you may be able to use an 85/86 harness with a 87/88 maf/ecu/injectors. 2 gen colts are pretty much the same as the starions in terms of the TBI and ECI.

The sequential set up on 87/88 colts use the same black injector as the starion, (1000 cc?) but a brown 400 cc unit. I have extras of these - conditions are unknown.

You could also try a cordia turbo setup. Search the site for more ideas.

Crap there where two low mile 88 turbo cars at my Pick N Pull last month and all I was able to get before they crushed where the axles, you can never have enough spare axles! :partyman:
Man I need some hookups. I wanna turbo this bad boy :)

The black injectors which can be both primary and secondary on a 87 depend on the letter.

usually secondarys are green, but sometimes are black. Go figure.

Anyhow the primaries on 87+ With the L stamp are 550cc which would make sense for a secondary on a colt.

The secondary flows 1050cc and they come with the M stamp on the injectors.

Basically all injectors 86 and belfow from starions flow 850cc. J is the lettering for the 86 and maybe 85 but there are also h and some other letters. They were all tested and foudn to be 850cc.

What what all will I need to turbo this thing. I'd rathe ruse a 87 setup if I can, although the 86 will work as if it is like a starion, you an eliminate the boostcut by using a zenner diode. I forgot the voltage, but it's a simple mod and you basically remove any boost cut. I still think the 87 setup works better. I bet you can sue the 1g eclipse mas with it to up the boostcut to 26lbs or so as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:32 pm 
CSM Junkie

ok i have said this three times now i have everything you need for a G32B off my 86 and you can use a 1G mas on a 84-86 colt.

what i have
2 ECU's
1 mas
1 uncut harness
1 intake manifold complete with all sensors and injectors
a spare set of 87 injectors
2 dizzys
and pretty much everything else you need