4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: code 3 MAF
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:58 pm 
Some call me a god

Driving last night my girl said the car smelt funny, but me being sicker than a dawg, I couldn't smell anything. She said it was a gas smell.

When we got home I popped the bonnet to check the LED i placed in the code reader connector and sure enough I had 3 flashes, repeating. I logged on the site and did a search for and old post I had with the codes and it was the Air Flow signal code.

So today I tried a couple of spares I had. The first didn't have the same markings on the MAF and it made the car run lean at idle, 16:1. Searching through the rest of my junk I spotted another MAF with the same markings as the one I pulled. I tried it and sure enough it idled closer to 14.7:1. So off I go for a test drive, the car ran very well compared to before. I hit 7 PSI of boost at 4k rpm and it held pressure very steady until redline.

I've never seen a MAF go before. Is it gradual or does it just crap out all at once?

Post subject: Re: code 3 MAF
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:10 pm 
Some call me a god

Oh yeah.....they go. I don't know if they gradually go out or not. I had one run perfect until one day when it adopted a bucking issue while cruising...so with a slight throttle, but didn't act up under full throttle or no throttle. Replaced the MAF and the problem vanished.