4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: 86 colt update
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:58 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

good and busy. i got picked up by a company out here that is doing most of a project called city cinter. its big as hell one of the biggest construction jobs in north america. so thats good right. tax check will be here in a few days and then should be good after that. any way, thanks, we will be ready soon. how about you get your car going yet?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:52 pm 
CSM Junkie

no everything is at the machine shop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:55 pm 

well that doesnt sound like fun at all. hay i was wondering, we talked brakes befor, what would be the best way to go. i would like to put better brakes on it front and back. i really dont know where to start. welding will not be a problem, and i can do fabrication work also. so, what hubs, can i use, that way i can get disks that will fit. then i need to find calipers that i can make brakets for to get them to fit. i would like to find some good 4 pistons, but if i cant then a good 2 piston would do. any one got some ideas, or tried anything? i want rear disks also, biggest thing i need is hubs there, the rest is all fab work.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:48 pm 
CSM Junkie

colt gt rear brakes are bolt on

elantra rotor and dsm caliper out front or
89miragemans wilwood 4 piston setup

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:53 pm 

ok, thanks junk yard, one more thing, what year is the elantra, and colt gt for the brakes, back, and front. also what thread can i find his wilwood set up, that sounds a lot more like what i want to do up front. out back any single piston disk set up will be good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:26 am 
CSM Junkie

89 colt gt

and i want to say like 91 elantra and any 1g dsm caliper

go to the forsale section and go to custom brake parts its stickied

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:42 am 
CSM Junkie

you can use galant o eclipse dual pistons calipers and galant vr4 rotors on the mirage with out changing the hub the only thing is that need to be use with 15" wheels

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:12 am 

ok but if i used the elantra rotor do i have to use the hub or is it the same?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:04 pm 
CSM Junkie

yes ,,, you dont have to make any mod with the elantra rotors and eclipse calipers<<< but i will recomend use a brake master cyl from eclipse 1989-1994<,,, its a direct replacement,, i did it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:05 pm 

OK i could likely pull my hair out........ I did it, right, got the motor put back together, got it all ready, and went to start it for the first time, nothing, just a nice solid crank. i really didnt think it would start right up, but even after turning it over for a good long time, still nothing. i knew i was getting spark so i started to checkout the fuel system. all the way back to the fuel pump, well when i got the car i drand the tank, it looked good, well the gas was nasty, but there was nothing in it. so now i was pulling the sending unit out, when i got it out and looked at it, i could have cried. coverd in rust and other crap. i looked inside, the same. i draned off the newly wasted gas, and dropped the tank. well to make a long story short, the tank is shot, almost rusted through. so, i have a car that is finaly done, and i still cant start it.. SO, HELP!!!!! does any one, and i mean any one have a tank and pump i can get, i need it asap. i will post a wtb also but i needed to update this any way. thanks every one. oh and just so you all know, i put a little gas in the tb, and it fired right up so, thats where i am.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:07 pm 

so a little update. i had the car running and yes, it smoked more than willy nelson and tommy chong on the same tour bus :weedman: . i had good compression, so it had to be the valve seals. will i spent most of the day today rebuilding my head. not easy work, but i cleand the head after i stripped it down and it looks so nice. i wish the rest of the motor was as clean.. any way should be starting it back up again tomorrow. i will get some new pics up as soon as i can figure out how to add more pics to my page. it said it was full, i think there was only like 10-15 pics on it. any way, thanks every one